Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Queensland Reds Summary Thread

vCash
    what does the force always tell us..."nothing is official untill its official" or some shit like tat.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Still no word on harris though...
    Named in the squad today so that will be confirmed real soon as well.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Rookie
    vCash
    what does the force always tell us..."nothing is official untill its official" or some shit like tat.
    Throw some cash at him. Test the validity of whatever he's signed. If in fact he has signed anything

He's probably not as up himself as Mitchell giteau etc. as he's still on the up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Naggs View Post
    Throw some cash at him. Test the validity of whatever he's signed. If in fact he has signed anything

He's probably not as up himself as Mitchell giteau etc. as he's still on the up.
    He does seem like a really nice guy. Which makes him a perfect fit for the Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying 14 View Post
    How do they afford it? Or do the players love the Reds so much that they play for peanuts?
    Ask Tim Horan. He was hugely involved in the Genia backflip.

vCash
    Maybe we should ring him up and sing the team song......ah crap, that will make him run away won't it?

C'mon the

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    He does seem like a really nice guy. Which makes him a perfect fit for the Force
    Harris would be great if we could also get Timani back, they could replay their Wallabies moves, with Harris standing about 3 metres offside shepherding, and Timani standing at outside centre waiting for a pass that never comes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Just as well you didn't put your money where my mouth was TOCC
    Lol, now you are just making comments up so you can have a dig at me?
    Grow up buddy...

vCash

Twelve Reds chosen in Wallabies Rugby Championship Squad

Queensland Rugby continues to boast the highest Wallaby representation among all Australian provinces after 12 St.George Queensland Reds players were chosen in Australia’s 30-man squad for the inaugural Rugby Championship.

The double-digit representation reinforces Queensland Rugby’s status as Australia’s leading producer of elite Wallaby talent with the current group of Reds featuring a strong combination of both seasoned veterans and newcomers.

Standout Super Rugby campaigns for young Reds backrowers Liam Gill and Jake Schatz have been rewarded by national selectors with the pair in line to become Queensland’s newest Wallaby caps.

Reds and Tri Nations-winning Wallabies captain James Horwill remains unavailable for selection after injuring his hamstring in May.

The 12 St.George Queensland Reds representatives are: Quade Cooper, Anthony Faingaa, Saia Faingaa, Will Genia, Liam Gill, Mike Harris, Scott Higginbotham, Digby Ioane, Radike Samo, Jake Schatz, Rob Simmons and James Slipper.

Gill and Schatz will have the chance to wear Wallaby gold during the upcoming Rugby Championships, where Australia will commence their campaign with two crucial Bledisloe Cup encounters against the World Cup champion All Blacks.

Despite only turning 20 in June, Gill flourished as Queensland’s best breakdown scavenger, finishing the 2012 Super Rugby season with a competition-high 33 turnovers, including 26 breakdown or tackle steals. According to Fair Play’s Rugby Analyser statistics, Gill was the only Australian to average more than 2 breakdown or tackle steals per game (2.4).

By comparison, Gill’s Wallabies teammate David Pocock ended the season with 21 breakdown or tackle steals in an extra 245 minutes of Rugby, while Michael Hooper secured 17 breakdown or tackle steals in almost 190 minutes extra of Rugby.

Gill was unavailable for Wallaby selection during the June Test window as the Brisbane-born talent was given the honour of captaining the Australian Under 20s at the Junior World Championships in South Africa, in his third campaign.

Gill continued his excellent form in the concluding stages of the Reds season where he and Schatz solidified their starting roles in the backrow.

Schatz, 22, enjoyed a breakthrough 2012 campaign where he featured in all but one of the Reds 17 games and excelled at both blindside flanker and No.8.

Schatz was among the Reds best as they made their successful late season push into the finals and is now one of four Reds backrowers chosen in Australia’s 30-man squad, joining Gill, Radike Samo and Scott Higginbotham.

“It’s a huge accomplishment for the Queensland Reds to make up almost half of the Wallabies squad and to again have the highest representation out of all five Australian provinces,” coach Ewen McKenzie said.

“We have a proven track record of turning Super Rugby players into Wallabies and that’s one of the main reasons we have the vast majority of players choosing to remain in our Rugby program.

“Our organisation offers the players an environment in which they can excel while the players have been extremely diligent in putting in the hard work necessary to reach the next level.

“Liam and Jake have come through our development pathways and have been involved in our system since they were teenagers, so it’s particularly pleasing to watch their development into Wallaby talent.

“They have performed above and beyond all expectations and I’m confident they would bring similar skill and impact to the Test arena if called upon this year.

“The performances of some of our more experienced guys like Quade, Will and Digby will be equally interesting during the Rugby Championship. They are all building an impressive tally of international caps and each bring enormous x-factor to any team they are involved in.

“I’m sure their involvement will be critical to the success the Wallabies enjoy during the Rugby Championship, and later in the year.”

Australia’s 30-man squad assembles in Sydney on Tuesday ahead of their opening Rugby Championship clash on Saturday 18 August against New Zealand in Sydney.

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/NewsEven...4/Default.aspx
    Pretty much summarises why players are happy to remain in Queensland.. Shipperly, Hanson and Tapuai should count themselves unlucky as well...

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yep TOCC,with a team like that,it beggars belief they didn't win the super 15 this year

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Hi All I would like to have some validation on a few things... I have sat here and sort of put some figures together and I feel the reds have got a alot of players possibily playing for some very small rewards

So Far I have got these figures and please by all means correct me if I am wrong
    Payments to Players

Genia 450 k
    Ioane 450 k
    Copper 450K
    Horwill around the 400 K

The total 1.7 mil

means the other 26 player would get 2.7 mil divide between them so some players would average 100 k each

this does not add up to much for each player left and it must be hard for players to play with 2 guys who don't deserve it

Last edited by Tonkar; 07-08-12 at 18:59.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Hi All I would like to have some validation on a few things... I have sat here and sort of down some figures and I feel the reds have got a alot of players possibily playing for some very small rewards

So Far I have got these figures and please by all means correct me if I am wrong
    Payments to Players

Genia 450 k
    Ioane 450 k
    Copper 450K
    Horwill around the 400 K

The total 1.7 mil

means the other 26 player would get 2.7 mil divide between them so some players would average 100 k each

this does not add up to much for each player left and it must be hard for players to play with 2 guys who don't deserve it
    You forgot the "ground hire" or whatever it was.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Arrogant much? And people wonder why I will never ever barrack for the Reds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Arrogant much? And people wonder why I will never ever barrack for the Reds.
    Arrogant? what exactly is arrogant about that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast