Thread: Spare a thought .......

vCash

Spare a thought .......

There has been a lot of negativity both on this forum and elsewhere with regards to the Force and the endless dramas experienced both during and following each Super rugby season for several years. This has culminated in recent times with an outpouring of frustration and I’m as culpable as most in this regard. I believe that there is still a need for substantial change at the highest level at RWA if the future is to be any brighter than the past and for us to do better than just muddle our way through each drama as it arises.

However I also think it is important that we be supportive of the playing, coaching and administrative teams that work hard to build the Force into a team in which we can all be proud and which we want to continue to support. We will have been frustrated and driven to despair by some of the incompetence shown by the most senior of management but spare a thought for those within the organisation who have had to fulfil their responsibilities not only faced with such incompetence but impacted more directly by the resulting frustration. It cannot have been easy turning up for training and match days in such an uncertain environment, whether as a player or member of the coaching team. It can’t have been easy turning up for work each day at RWA with the uncertainty and bad publicity surrounding the organisation.

So my request is that we think twice before offering a negative view of our new coach, the players and new signings for the next season. We have what we have got and we will have to grow from this point onwards. This will be easier if we are all supportive of the people with the hard job of making it better for next year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Go get a big black dog up ya!

Just happy to be here

Rookie
    vCash
    I have to agree in part with Blackswan but The EnForcer has a way with words - that of a poet.

To that end, if we get a decent "backs" coach ( Meehan or Louden) we are a serious chance in 2013.

vCash
    I totally agree, but how the hell do you get the blinkered CEO's fingers out of his ears & his head out of the sand (or out of his arse), when he clearly believes there is next to nothing wrong?

As much as you think we've had a rough trot this year (and we have) there has been untold damage done in 2012.

What about all the recruitment (Harvey / Norton-Knightmare) etc... who the hell sanctioned that? There was a lot of people who hoped a future coach was pulling the strings..... whatever happened, it wasn't Foley!

Reid could sink this ship!

vCash
    As Bison will testify, I have been Miss Positive everywhere today! Even went so far as to promise to hug Vern if he pulls off getting Louden and Meehan as well!!

vCash
    The only hug he'll get from me is round his neck......

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    IMHO,

And most of this has already been said.

We have to:
    Spend the money we save by not having Pocock on high quality 9 and 10 players
    Find a top quality backs coach
    Rugby WA to be more open, interact and communicate with the supporters.
    Resolve the poor relationship with local rugby
    Bring back the academy

Listen up Vern, if you do not resolve the poor image your organization has then you are, and deserve to be, toast! These things require effort, which is something the supporters are finding difficult to see.

Just happy to be here

Rookie
    vCash
    Can we snap Sarel Pretorius? it has been reported he is not happy there? and who know Foley might be able to get him for us?

vCash
    It was the tahds coaching staff that shafted pretorious to the media. Whether that involved Foley or not im not sure.

Rookie
    vCash
    I'd like to thank Micheal Foley for some of the best t.v. viewing of the season.To see "Fat Phil"whinging like a biartch and without that superior look when he mentioned the Force..... words fail me-just thank you sir and welcome to W.A.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onions View Post
    I'd like to thank Micheal Foley for some of the best t.v. viewing of the season.To see "Fat Phil"whinging like a biartch and without that superior look when he mentioned the Force..... words fail me-just thank you sir and welcome to W.A.
    Can't wait for the rugby club. Canno probably won't get a run though.