Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: David Pocock Hands in his Resignation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    From a different angle.

If reporters can speculate - well why can't I? Bare with me for a second I am going to take you on a journey.

Lets say at the start of the 2012 season - say even pre-season training camp. Nathan Sharpe sits down with current coach Richard Graham and Rugby Manager Mitch Hardy. Sharpie says - this is my last year - I want to spend some time with my sons. I have a business opportunity that can potentially set me up for the rest of my life. I will do this season but thats it. (or words to that affect).

At the same time Mitch Hardy - with his one eye always to the future knows that some time this year he needs to do some serious contract negotiations with David Pocock for his contract renewal.

So Nathan, Richard and Mitch sit down again - and Mitch says - Nathan for the the good of the Club going forward how about we give BamBam the Captaincy this year. Lets face it he is a Sponsors wet dream - doesn't drink doesn't smoke, new bride, his own charity organisation, hell even the ARU has a hard on for the kid. If he stays healthy he is going the be the best Wallaby we have ever seen - he is that clean he makes John Eales look like an extra from Underbelly.

Nathan being the perfect Clubman that he is says - of course Mitch, I can teach him the ropes and that sets him up as the long term Poster boy for the club and my obvious replacement.

Richard of course is singing la-la-la-la in his head as he is having quiet negotiations with the Reds and couldnt care less.

The rest as they say - is history.
    That's probably not far from the truth Ex!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    From a different angle.

If reporters can speculate - well why can't I? Bare with me for a second I am going to take you on a journey.

Lets say at the start of the 2012 season - say even pre-season training camp. Nathan Sharpe sits down with current coach Richard Graham and Rugby Manager Mitch Hardy. Sharpie says - this is my last year - I want to spend some time with my sons. I have a business opportunity that can potentially set me up for the rest of my life. I will do this season but thats it. (or words to that affect).

At the same time Mitch Hardy - with his one eye always to the future knows that some time this year he needs to do some serious contract negotiations with David Pocock for his contract renewal.

So Nathan, Richard and Mitch sit down again - and Mitch says - Nathan for the the good of the Club going forward how about we give BamBam the Captaincy this year. Lets face it he is a Sponsors wet dream - doesn't drink doesn't smoke, new bride, his own charity organisation, hell even the ARU has a hard on for the kid. If he stays healthy he is going the be the best Wallaby we have ever seen - he is that clean he makes John Eales look like an extra from Underbelly.

Nathan being the perfect Clubman that he is says - of course Mitch, I can teach him the ropes and that sets him up as the long term Poster boy for the club and my obvious replacement.

Richard of course is singing la-la-la-la in his head as he is having quiet negotiations with the Reds and couldnt care less.

The rest as they say - is history.
    I don't think your far from the truth there X.
    The only thing that may be a bit different would by RG thinking (if that's possible) " if Poey has a crap year at the Force the Reds might sign him before he knows I'm going there.
    I love conspiracy theories!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I don't think your far from the truth there X.
    The only thing that may be a bit different would by RG thinking (if that's possible) " if Poey has a crap year at the Force the Reds might sign him before he knows I'm going there.
    I love conspiracy theories!
    Pretty sure that's more words of thinking than dick graham completed in his entire tenure snob

C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I would like to wish David Pocock well in his future.

But it is also worth remembering that any rugby players next game could be their last. For example James O'Conner left us a year ago and has struggled to remain on the park this season, the end of his career was damn near one high ball away.
    To me this just reinforces the need for depth in every position, and that no one player is greater than the rest. It also makes me question how much more than average any star should be considered to be worth.
    So David has chosen to leave us, but sheer bad luck could just as easily taken him away.

vCash
    Gitz didn't do so well when he left either....but not through injury....(was it?)....he was bigger than Ben Hur in his own lunch box, and look where it got him..does anyone know where he is these days??? ...Not that I am really interested...he must be a Father too by now..!!

vCash
    I'm going sailing with him this afternoon, I'll give him all the best wishes from TWF fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Gitz didn't do so well when he left either....but not through injury....(was it?)....he was bigger than Ben Hur in his own lunch box, and look where it got him..does anyone know where he is these days??? ...Not that I am really interested...he must be a Father too by now..!!
    Indeed he suffered a terrible injury to his ego.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Gitz didn't do so well when he left either....but not through injury....(was it?)....he was bigger than Ben Hur in his own lunch box, and look where it got him..does anyone know where he is these days???
    He's playing in France for Toulon.

vCash
    Are you sure he's playing. I heard he was just training!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yeah, David Smith is doing the playing, Gits is just doing the decorating!!

Champion
    vCash
    Sailing with who?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Sailing with who?
    Pocock. What a great guy.

Should be on Total Rugby in a few weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Sailing with who?
    Pocock. What a great guy.

Should be on Total Rugby in a few weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Nah he's looking good over there outside Wilkinson.

vCash
    He was always a better 12 than 10. If we had Barnes at 10 and Gits at 12 we would have been a lot more competitive than we were when they were in opposite positions

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8