Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: David Pocock Hands in his Resignation

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

David Pocock Hands in his Resignation

It is with considerable regret that RugbyWA has learnt of David Pocock’s decision to leave the Emirates Western Force at the conclusion of the 2012 FxPro Super Rugby season.

David has been a highly-valued member of the squad since joining the club as part of its foundation squad for the 2006 season.

In his time with us he has risen from a junior player to Emirates Western Force Captain to Wallaby Captain and we are proud that we have given him our full support for him to achieve this remarkable place in Australian rugby.

For the past six months, RugbyWA has done everything within its power to retain his services as a leading player within the Emirates Western Force.

David’s concerns were principally around the club’s inability to recruit high-profile players with this challenge highlighted by the recent opportunity presented to Will Genia which ultimately was unsuccessful in bringing him to WA. This difficulty has since been acknowledged by the Australian Rugby Union in their provision of further concessions for the Emirates Western Force regarding international players for the 2013 season and beyond.

While we are disappointed with his decision, we wish David well. RugbyWA has done everything to develop and support David throughout his time with the Emirates Western Force. This has included his development over 69 FxPro Super Rugby matches with the club, fast-tracking his appointment as captain of the side for 2012 and supporting his charity, Eightytwenty Vision.

In recent times, since the departure of Richard Graham, David has been part of the board and management process in recruiting players and identifying the next Emirates Western Force head coach.

Despite David’s announcement, the Emirates Western Force continues its preparations for the 2013 FxPro Super Rugby season. We will continue to boast one of the best forward packs in the competition, including excellent back row coverage through Test players Ben McCalman, Richard Brown and Matt Hodgson, and outstanding young players Angus Cotterill and Lachie McCaffrey.

In the modern rugby landscape, player movements are much more commonplace, leaving the door open for a return to their original club. David will always have a special place at the Emirates Western Force and should the opportunity arise down the track for him to return, we would welcome him back with open arms.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Gutted

vCash
    David’s concerns were principally around the club’s inability to recruit high-profile players with this challenge highlighted by the recent opportunity presented to Will Genia which ultimately was unsuccessful in bringing him to WA. This difficulty has since been acknowledged by the Australian Rugby Union in their provision of further concessions for the Emirates Western Force regarding international players for the 2013 season and beyond.

After reading this I am sad to see him leave but 1 man does not make a team and I wish him well..

I have highlight a bit of negative about David and feel that he was given a chance by being on the selection panel and feel he has not sold WA rugby as good as he could or we would have had the better player

Wish you well David ( Bam Bam ) and await your return to play us in the next season who ever you choose to play for

Western Force has been a great grounding for emerging Wallabies so why is it we cant keep them past 2 to 3 seasons
    Management clean out now required

vCash

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Distraught, apoplectic with anger towards RugbyWA, but ultimately not surprised. The guy was left with no choice and I wish him all the very best for the future.

Interesting to note that a key factor in his decision appears to be the failure to secure Genia. For that, I lay the blame largely at the door of the QRU and Tim Horan.

I still love my Force boys though and will cheer and support them even more fervently in 2013!! Go the Force!

vCash
    2012 - annus horribilis

This tweet just in from Matt Hodgson:
    Matt Hodgson ‏@matthodgson678
    Not happy about news that Poey is leaving Wish him all the best.We will still be strong. Massive 2013 coming up We have something to prove.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Thanks for the memories David you have been an inspiration to many people of all ages.
    It saddens me to see you go and to not have the opportunity to be the first Captain to lift a Western Force Premiership trophy, etching your name in history. May you look on with envy from the other side of the nation huddled around the heater as the Force work through this torrid time to blossom into a Super Rugby powerhouse.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    As for the RWA Board, you should all offer your resignation, the most important KPI has not been met.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Well said Burgs

vCash
    Sad sad day, best of luck David

vCash
    Not happy either Matt! Even though I wish him the best its with a very heavy heart and I feel for the force guys who have to deal with yet another kick in the guts. It's hard to pick yourself up and make positive - force boys you are fighters and you deserve better than what the management keep throwing at you. All the best David and I'm sorry but you don't get the painting!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    As for the RWA Board, you should all offer your resignation, the most important KPI has not been met.
    Not much else one can say.

But please, oh please RWA, no more of that "all good, all good, we made $400K last year" BS.
    Comments like that by the CEO offend the intelligence of your unhappy members.

Champion
    vCash
    completly devastated by this, I really thought he would stay. The rest of the team would be gutted by his decision although they have probably known for a while. Can't say much more than this, I need to have a little cry

Champion
    vCash
    Very sad but I understand his decision.. At least we know and can move on. All the best David.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    AN open letter to supporters of rugby in Western Australia.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/ru...-1226437617128

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast