Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reds v Sharks

vCash
    Sounds like sore losing fans looking for someone to blame then maybe. Guess that's understandable in the circs. Pretty unclassy to boo him off the field though. Shame too that Genia couldn't acknowledge how well the Sharks had played.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    You hear that occassionally at the rugby, and it never seems to come from the winning team. (quoting a famous Irishman - whose name I can't recall)
    I know this is off-topic, but after seeing Ralto's post I went looking on Google to see if I could find out who the Irishman was. I didn't find out but I did come across this gem of a page :-) Some great quotes there but my favourite is from the awesome Peter Fitzsimons about backs! Love it!!

http://wesclark.com/rrr/quotes.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I know this is off-topic, but after seeing Ralto's post I went looking on Google to see if I could find out who the Irishman was. I didn't find out but I did come across this gem of a page :-) Some great quotes there but my favourite is from the awesome Peter Fitzsimons about backs! Love it!!

http://wesclark.com/rrr/quotes.html
    He was the same guy who penned the classic "How to start a fight in an empty room".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    He was the same guy who penned the classic "How to start a fight in an empty room".
    Haven't heard of that but it sounds like a great read! That will be my Google task for tomorrow :-)

vCash
    I think it was written by Charles Dickkens.

vCash
    Not unpatriotic at all imo. This is club rugby, so it's perfectly reasonable to like some teams better than others.

Nobody here will be surprised to hear me say that I echo every word in your post!
    Yet ironically, your avatar is a set of healthy breasts donned in an Australian flag.

When only one Aussie team makes the finals, it would be nice to think that the rest of the country get behind that team. True rugby supporters would do this.

My 2cents worth regarding the game - Shorks were just fantastic and deserved the win. Kaplan was crap and the TMO no try was toilet. If the Gill try was awarded, I think the momentum would have swung to the Reds and they likely would have run the sharks down.

But if my aunty had balls she would be my uncle.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Yet ironically, your avatar is a set of healthy breasts donned in an Australian flag.

When only one Aussie team makes the finals, it would be nice to think that the rest of the country get behind that team. True rugby supporters would do this.

My 2cents worth regarding the game - Shorks were just fantastic and deserved the win. Kaplan was crap and the TMO no try was toilet. If the Gill try was awarded, I think the momentum would have swung to the Reds and they likely would have run the sharks down.

But if my aunty had balls she would be my uncle.
    That's a ripper tic

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Thanks. I've been wanting to wheel that one out for a while.

Not an original, I'm afraid.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Got to disagree with that! One of the most common whinges about the ARC, and even sometimes Super Rugby, is that the teams are manufactured and have no tradition. True rugby supporters would do nothing of the kind - true rugby supporters are ferociously tribal and hate no-one so much as their neighbours. That is the whole principle behind the supposed attraction of derbies. Do all the Sunnybank supporters go along to cheer for Brothers once they are out? Once my team is gone I honestly couldn't care less what happens next. I might watch for the sake of seeing a bit of Rugby, but it means about as much to me as a Top 14 match. I doubt I'm alone either...we've hardly packed the pub the last two weekends.

vCash
    I think the Sunnybank/Brothers thing are apples and oranges. I was really talking about the greater good of Australian rugby, particularly when so many Saffers and Darkness supporters are always saying how weak our conference is. What better way to shut them up than to win the whole thing, like the Reds did last year. Even then, some of them can't accept the final result.

vCash
    So you'd have supported the Waratahs if they'd been in a final would you? Wow! I admire your ability to change your spots. I just can't do that.

Can't imagine many Man City fans ever supporting Man Utd in a Euro Champions Legaue final against another Euro team either. Or many Dockers fans supporting the Eagles in a GF against a Vic team for that matter.

But at the end of the day, I don't care a damn about what you or anyone else thinks of MY choice of club side to support, or what you think it means for my patriotism for my country.

vCash
    I hate all the other Australian sides equally

Thats probably a lie, I hate Qld and Melbourne a bit more then the other two

Or many Dockers fans supporting the Eagles in a GF against a Vic team for that matter
    I remember Dockers supporters cheering for the Swans in the two grand finals played between the two sides. The Dockers main fan forum Dockerland I think it is called even changed it's colours to Red and White after the 2005 final!

vCash
    So you'd have supported the Waratahs if they'd been in a final would you? .
    i will not ever support the tahs.
    i was not alone in cheering the crusaders on at jb's a few years ago when they beat them in the final.

i will also never support the brumbies.

not sure how much i hate the rebels at the moment, and i supported the reds before the force camr along so that one is ok

vCash
    I only really have issues with the Rebels and even that's more to do with how they've been treated in comparison to the Force than the team itself.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post

I got behind the Reds. I wouldn't have done the same for the Brumbies and probably not the Rebels. Some of the post game comments from Reds fans made it hard be on that bandwagon though.

Kaplan was pretty crap. I don't think he changed the game though. I would probably have been pulling my hair out a bit if I were a Reds fan. A lot of forward passes and offsides weren't picked up.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast