Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SARU postpone meeting to decide on Kings in 2013

vCash
    Extra 15 games to broadcast.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'd be quite happy to see the national unions be the masters of their own conferences. We already have a draw which allows it (with some teams not meeting in various competition years) a finals draw which supports it with the top three/wild card selection system and so forth. Super sports in SA would be like pigs in shit to get another 2 rounds of local derbies and the other pay tv providers would get extra content for free. If sarugby fund it themselves, I don't care if they field ten teams.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'd be quite happy to see the national unions be the masters of their own conferences...SA would be like pigs in shit to get another 2 rounds of local derbies
    But how do you balance out the effect of the extra chances to earn points from those derbies. You'd have to dump the wild cards and go to the top two from each conference. It would open up more possibility of drawing the top four sides too. Detrimental to ANZAC franchises.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    But how do you balance out the effect of the extra chances to earn points from those derbies. You'd have to dump the wild cards and go to the top two from each conference. It would open up more possibility of drawing the top four sides too. Detrimental to ANZAC franchises.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Agreed, in the current conference format the only way to accommodate a sixth South African side would be to keep the total number of games the SAME, which would mean that...
    - the Australian and New Zealand teams would stick to only playing 4 of the South African teams as they do now, missing out on playing 2 of them
    - the South Africans would have to play around with their local derbies a bit by either a) having each South African team play 3 of the other local sides twice and the other 2 only once or b) miss out on playing one of the other local teams altogether

Again, it's their conference so I wouldn't have a problem with that.

vCash
    Whatever sarugby want to do to dilute their talent pool I'm ok with. It appears that they can only produce three really competitive super rugby teams (not bad since the best oz can do is two apparently) so six teams will mean even more thinly spread talent. I would suggest that they reduce the value of the points available in the home derbies and make it a genuine step up from the currie cup.....that way there might be a better chance of the entire comp not being held to ransom by one provincial calendar.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Sell that to foxtel
    Some of the larger tv audiences are from south africa especially for their derby games. Surely this should have Rupert licking his lips at getting more people watching his tv network to make him think positively about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2