Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sevens star signs with Emirates Western Force

vCash

Sevens star signs with Emirates Western Force

Australian Sevens star Junior Rasolea has signed with the Emirates Western Force for the 2013 and 2014 FxPro Super Rugby seasons.

The livewire inside/outside centre has been a regular with the Aussie Thunderbolts in the abridged version of the game, after he was recruited by national coach Michael O’Connor prior to the 2011 Gold Coast Sevens.

The hard-running, ball-carrying midfielder was spotted playing for newSTAR, an academy side that upset the Thunderbolts in the grand final of the Noosa International Sevens, with Rasolea’s performance seeing him immediately drafted into the national side. The former Queensland Schoolboy representative went on to start in five of seven games at the Gold Coast event.

The former Anglican Church Grammar School student, who started in the centres for Fiji during their best-placed finish (sixth) at his second IRB Junior World Championship in 2011, says it was another graduate from his alma mater that helped form his decision to join the Emirates Western Force.

“I went to Churchie in Brisbane which was the same high school as David Pocock,” he said. “I remember seeing clips of him at school playing inside centre; he was a star and someone I looked up to. I’ve seen how players like him and James O’Connor have developed and what they’ve gone onto after starting with the Force and it seemed like the best place for me to develop my rugby.”

The 21-year-old says he’s keen to begin staking his claim for his FxPro Super Rugby debut.

“My goal is to make the 22 but the biggest thing is to have some input into the team, developing the team and developing my own game,” he said. “Sevens has been great for my development and I’m looking forward to bringing a lot of those skills – such as counter attacking – with me.”

RugbyWA CEO Vern Reid says Rasolea is an exciting young prospect for the Emirates Western Force in 2013.

“Junior’s already demonstrated that he’s a player with a lot of potential,” he said. “He has good size and strength for a young player and has coupled that with the dynamic pace and evasiveness that we’ve seen from many of the top-line players with Fijian heritage.

“Junior’s another player who’s benefited from coming through the Sevens pathway but has shown through his time with the Fiji Under 20’s and the University club in Brisbane that he has a considerable amount to offer in the 15-a-side game.

“We’re very pleased announce Junior and Sias Ebersohn as the first of several new signings for the Emirates Western Force for the 2013 season.”

Name: Solomoni ‘Junior’ Rasolea
    Born: 29/04/1991
    Position: Centre
    Height: 184cm
    Weight: 102kg
    Representative Rugby: 2011–2012 Australian Sevens, 2010–2011 Fiji Under 20, 2008–2009 Queensland Schoolboys, 2007 Queensland Under 16s

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash

New Signing

Australian Sevens star Junior Rasolea has signed with the Emirates Western Force for the 2013 and 2014 FxPro Super Rugby seasons.

Rookie
    vCash
    He will be a big unit

vCash
    Hopefully he will turn out brilliantly, but we REALLY need a starting marquee quality 12 (Taps?) and two 9s (one marquee quality).

That said I'm looking forward next year to seeing what he can do, along with Rapana.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Sounds like a good signing and he seems genuinely excited.

Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    “Sevens has been great for my development and I’m looking forward to bringing a lot of those skills – such as counter attacking – with me.”
    Counter-attacking? A novel idea for the force in recent times...

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    now we have got rid of braindead dick and his aimless kicking plan, we can get back to what we do best...

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Perth via Pittsburgh USA via London England
    vCash
    Here are a couple of videos of him, big mofo, shame the competition in the videos is poor. Tough to get a good read. However, I'm hopeful.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzpMQTJCbkw"]Solomoni Rasolea 0810 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG00daWA998"]Solomoni Rasolea 08102 - YouTube[/ame]

You can scratch my back with a hacksaw!

vCash
    Sounds like a decent signing

vCash
    Some good news for a change looks good.
    Looks like we are going to be drip feed info from EWF! lets hope next week we have a coach.
    Following week Poey signs.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Who????

vCash
    The Western Force have signed inside/outside centre and Australian Sevens star Junior Rasolea for the 2013 and 2014 Super Rugby seasons.

The livewire centre has been a regular with the Aussie Thunderbolts in the abridged version of the game, after he was recruited by national coach Michael O'Connor prior to the 2011 Gold Coast Sevens.

The hard-running, ball-carrying midfielder was spotted playing for newSTAR, an academy side that upset the Thunderbolts in the grand final of the Noosa International Sevens, with Rasolea's performance seeing him immediately drafted into the national side. The former Queensland Schoolboy representative went on to start in five of seven games at the Gold Coast event.

The former Anglican Church Grammar School student, who started in the centres for Fiji during their best-placed finish (sixth) at his second IRB Junior World Championship in 2011, says it was another graduate from his alma mater that helped form his decision to join the Western Force.

Name: Solomoni 'Junior' Rasolea
    Born: 29/04/1991
    Position: Centre
    Representative Rugby: 2011-2012 Australian Sevens, 2010-2011 Fiji Under 20, 2008-2009 Queensland Schoolboys, 2007 Queensland Under 16s

www.rugbyweek.com/news/article.asp?id=35559

vCash
    "The Force's new recruit revealed on Friday that the prospect of playing alongside Pocock convinced him to move west."

Does he know something or is that journalism?
    http://www.sportal.com.au/rugby-unio...ungster-182140

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tdevil View Post
    "The Force's new recruit revealed on Friday that the prospect of playing alongside Pocock convinced him to move west."

Does he know something or is that journalism?
    http://www.sportal.com.au/rugby-unio...ungster-182140
    HQ have always said that Bam would be involved in all future player and coach recruiting since RG walked out.

I'm sure the "chat" he had with Ebersohn was similar, and I too hope that what is being read between the lines is what will transpire

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    Who????
    Is on first.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPu5KKrvp3I[/ame]

Exile