Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cooper re-signs with the Reds for 3 years.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Come on now be fair. For all his issues, Cooper would've gone a long way towards reviving our dire attack.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It wasnt so much of Cooper announcing his 3 year contract is was Greg Martins prompting on the pre test Fox show. When they were asking him about the pub incident with Beale Martin asked "and you were out celebrating something weren't you" that Cooper spilled the beans.

It reeks of flaunting the protocols and saying to ARU, "you cant go too hard on me, I have just agreed to 3 years.

vCash
    nothing will happen. unless the ARU want their money back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Come on now be fair. For all his issues, Cooper would've gone a long way towards reviving our dire attack.
    Good point James. All the bashing of Cooper makes me laugh. If he had not been playing at the Reds last year, we would not be Super 15 champions. It is that simple, because he is that type of player.

And despite all the moral indignation about him, he is a reasonably decent young bloke who does his best to connect with the rugby public. His "antics" really all come back to that one drunken night several years ago when he made a serious error of judgment. Since then, he has pretty much behaved himself.

As for what happened at the Victory Hotel, I have no doubt that there is another side to the story that noone here knows about. The main criticism that I would make is that he and Beale, with their profile, were unwise being out at 2am, particularly in a place like the Victory where there would be a lot of boozed up heroes trying to pick a fight with them.

Finally, I wonder if all those people saying "we don't want him...he is no good....he is a ratbag ....etc", would accept a Wallabies victory where QC was insrumental in setting up a win. Or would you hand the victory back on "principal".

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Serial offenders, I personally witnessed Kurtly Beale enter a bar/club The Wakatu Hotel (with QC) after the Wallabies v Russia RWC match in Nelson (well after, like 1am) and the first thing he did was walk across the dance floor and lift the skirt of some innocent girl dancing with her friends above her head and then just walked off to a private reserved corner of the club. No wonder he gets himself into heaps of trouble. Worst thing was I was with a Kiwi mate who I ahd been laying it on for the past few days about the All Blacks behaviour, he will never learn IMHO.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Good point James. All the bashing of Cooper makes me laugh. If he had not been playing at the Reds last year, we would not be Super 15 champions. It is that simple, because he is that type of player.

And despite all the moral indignation about him, he is a reasonably decent young bloke who does his best to connect with the rugby public. His "antics" really all come back to that one drunken night several years ago when he made a serious error of judgment. Since then, he has pretty much behaved himself.

As for what happened at the Victory Hotel, I have no doubt that there is another side to the story that noone here knows about. The main criticism that I would make is that he and Beale, with their profile, were unwise being out at 2am, particularly in a place like the Victory where there would be a lot of boozed up heroes trying to pick a fight with them.

Finally, I wonder if all those people saying "we don't want him...he is no good....he is a ratbag ....etc", would accept a Wallabies victory where QC was insrumental in setting up a win. Or would you hand the victory back on "principal".
    Yeah I don't get some of the vitriolic comments said about QC, player wise his tackling isn't the greatest, but his potency as an attacking fly half can't be questioned. He needs to keep his nose clean though and realise as a professional rugby player he can't act like some normal bloke off the street.

vCash
    Hardly the way a "normal" bloke would carry on.

Harsh penalty required or expect more of the same in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Yeah I don't get some of the vitriolic comments said about QC, player wise his tackling isn't the greatest, but his potency as an attacking fly half can't be questioned. He needs to keep his nose clean though and realise as a professional rugby player he can't act like some normal bloke off the street.
    Normal? Hard to agree with you that normal people punch bouncers. And smash a strangers phone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    WTFcares
    Ditto x2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    If he could stay out of trouble...and Perth being how Perth is...he would have quickly discovered it would have been very difficult to find a place to hide..!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    If he could stay out of trouble...and Perth being how Perth is...he would have quickly discovered it would have been very difficult to find a place to hide..!!!
    Media in Perth is too concerned with Ben Cousins (still)

Cooper could rob a bank and lay low very easily here in Perth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Normal? Hard to agree with you that normal people punch bouncers. And smash a strangers phone.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Ah OK, I haven't even read the full story. All I know is that they were kicked out the bar.

vCash
    zed the story will change day to day until they were never actually IN the bar its was a couple of imposters. Apparently it couldn't have been Cooper smashing the punters phone because he was signing a new three year deal at the time.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Ah OK, I haven't even read the full story. All I know is that they were kicked out the bar.
    No worries. Even if Beale punching a bouncer was racially motivated. Still not on. Even if the bouncer deserved it - although I'm not condoning beale's actions. The bouncer will get what's coming to him eventually if he's a racist twat
    And allegations of copper smashing the phone of someone who was filming it is even worse. Shows he knew what he was doing and what the repercussions could be,
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    As if there would be a bouncer in Brisbane that is not of kiwi or islander decent, what racial comment would even be possible

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast