Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DREAM IS REAL FOR HARVEY

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

DREAM IS REAL FOR HARVEY

EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Tuesday, 8 May 2012

After joining the Emirates Western Force on a short term contract which was extended to include the remainder of the 2012 FxPro Super Rugby season David Harvey has re-signed with the club for a further year.

Since making his Emirates Western Force and FxPro Super Rugby debut in round four against the Waratahs Harvey has played every game since in the run on side and undertaken the kicking duties.

A former Australian Sevens representative, Harvey was crowned the Ken Catchpole Medal winner as the best player in the Shute Shield competition for the second time in 2011 and joined the Emirates Western Force after a stint for French club Narbonne.

It is a dream come true for the 29 year old who was delighted to have been offered a contract extension to see out the remainder of the season at the end of his four week short term contract.

“The offer of a short term contract was amazing and when my original goal to turn that into a full contract for the remainder of the season was realised I was really happy,” Harvey said.

“To get another year on top of that is unbelievable and something that I had hoped would be an option at the end of this season but for it to come so early is a fantastic feeling.

“The Emirates Western Force have a set-up that is second to none and the coaching staff that we have in place here are very straightforward and very understanding and you can easily relate to them so I’m really pleased I will be continuing my rugby career here in 2013.

Harvey has found the move from Sydney to Perth an easy one and is looking forward to his extended stay.

“We’ve got a great playing group on and off the field that work hard and do what we need to do and Perth’s obviously a nice place to live but it’s only as good as the guys around you and that’s what we have here at the Force,” said Harvey.

“I love it here, everyone has been really welcoming, the fans are the best I’ve experienced and it’s a lot quieter than Sydney which has been really relaxing.”

David Harvey
    Height: 176cm
    Weight: 86kg
    DOB: 20/05/1982
    Club: Cottesloe (WA) / Norths (NSW)
    FxPro Super Rugby Caps: 7
    FxPro Super Rugby Points: 76 (1t, 10c, 17p)
    FxPro Super Rugby Debut: 2012 – Rd4 v Waratahs, Sydney

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Veteran
    vCash
    Work on your physicality and speed on the off season mate! and with you radar and quicker feet, you will hopefully do some damage...

vCash
    Here we go again another season without a worldclass inside back combination Harvey and Swanepoel WTF THE FORCE ARE PLAYING SUPER 15 RUGBY NOT in the Sydney club competition
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    In his first few games with the Force, he was saving their skin with his boot, and wasn't faring too poorly at 15. So full credit to him for that.

But since his move to 10, he's been out of his depth. Just seems like the game is too fast for him, and he's being found wanting. It's too bad, but them's the breaks in pro sports. He got his chance. Maybe he can do some speed work over the off-season and develop further in a professional training environment?
    Agree! He seems lost at 10, he played much more confidently at 15 - now the honeymoon's over and the pressure is on every week it's a lot harder to shine. Just think he needs to be given more of a chance in a position he belongs instead of filling in as 10.
    BTW what position was Rapana to have played? Is he still here for next season?
    Thought the Force did pretty good the weekend despite the penalty mistakes and the one eyed ref - going to take a few games to shake off RGs influence and any damage he's done.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Another Cottesloe player. Bloody hell.

Sack all the Force guys that play for Cott and start again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    Here we go again another season without a worldclass inside back combination Harvey and Swanepoel WTF THE FORCE ARE PLAYING SUPER 15 RUGBY NOT in the Sydney club competition
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Whatever players the Force have, there are many areas that have needed addressing (or opprtunities for improvement - as they say these days), that are still woeful. Compare the Crusaders/Reds, and Brumbies/Waratahs matches with the Force/Cheetahs - a flat defence can just sit there and wait for the Force's predictable long pass to a flatfooted forward, or 10 yards back from the scrum/ruck and never make the advantage - this is one of the main reasons they fail to score tries or break the line - not the fact that they don't have such and such from somewhere else in the backline

In coaching one thing I learnt was - you've got the players you've got - it's up to you to bring them together, and develop them. The Force have failed to attract enough "top" players, and I suspect they always will. With this in mind it is a coaching priority to develop whats there. There's plenty of "qualified" people there frigging around with heart monitors, tabulating numbers, and spending huge amounts on video replay systems for "analysis" - but there's no improvement.

It was amply demonstrated by one of the "super" coaching staff standing at the tunnel at the Stormers match, applauding the Stormers as they ran out, like some little suckhole, and then walking away when the Force ran onto the field. FIFO mate, and ask the Stormers for a job if that's the way you feel.

The coaching position is key this time, I would forget who's on and off contract in he playing ranks - just get the coach right.

Veteran
    vCash
    I was impressed with Swanepoel, i'd be ahppy to see him at the force. nice and big too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Sadly I agree. Great for Harvey to be playing Super XV, but he's a good club player, he's not up to Super rugby standards.

vCash
    Pretty sure Harvey is insurance to cover whoever starts at 10 and 15. If so then he is a good signing as long as it doesnt disrupt the development of Seymour and Godwin.

Champion
    vCash
    I still think Godwin is a year or two away from being a backup player....more of an academy style player.

But I do like Seymour as our flyhalf backup & Harvey as our backup FB for 2013.

9 -- we need (backup as Swanopeol,)
    10 --- we need (backup as Seymour)
    15 --- Mafi (backup as Harvey)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    I still think Godwin is a year or two away from being a backup player....more of an academy style player.

But I do like Seymour as our flyhalf backup & Harvey as our backup FB for 2013.

9 -- we need (backup as Swanopeol,)
    10 --- we need (backup as Seymour)
    15 --- Mafi (backup as Harvey)
    we don't have swanny yet do we?

Champion
    vCash
    No, we are 'arguing' with the ARU in regards to swanny's status (from ARU player contract to now International development marque player)....

Cause he's played a full 6 games in Canterbury NPC team...

The difference is 5 letters, we are NOT the Rebels, we are the FORCE, so there is 2 totally different rules !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    No, we are 'arguing' with the ARU in regards to swanny's status (from ARU player contract to now International development marque player)....

Cause he's played a full 6 games in Canterbury NPC team...

The difference is 5 letters, we are NOT the Rebels, we are the FORCE, so there is 2 totally different rules !!
    Did the Force let him go or did he choose to go? Can't remember!

Champion
    vCash
    He left on his own back, wanting more game time....

vCash
    Thanks Benny. Guess he'd be wanting some guarantees before he comes back then (assuming he wants to come back that is!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast