Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Muds Brumbies 2012 Thread - Warning -

vCash

Thumbs up Muds Brumbies 2012 Thread - Warning -

THE Brumbies' fortunes look to be turning around at the perfect time, with news that Wallabies Stephen Moore, Ben Alexander and Pat McCabe might be right for their opening Super Rugby clash against the Western Force.

Just a week ago, the Brumbies were contemplating having to start the season minus any of their three capped players after Alexander and Moore were felled in the opening minutes of their trial against Queensland with shoulder and elbow concerns.

McCabe, meanwhile, was forecasting a return several weeks into the season, back from a shoulder injury suffered in last year's World Cup.

But a week out from the match against the Force, the Brumbies' injury clouds appear to have lifted.
    Coach Jake White confirmed Moore and Alexander are expected to play, while a decision will be made on McCabe later next week. He returned to full contact training on Thursday, but has impressed enough to put his hand up for selection.

''McCabe's nearly there. It's just a choice as to whether he's mentally up for it,'' White said. ''If he feels good enough and feels like he can't let himself down - I know what type of guy he is and I have to be very sensitive because he will want to play even if he's not ready.''

White said McCabe's return could leave him with a pleasing headache in the backline, with Robbie Coleman doing good things at fullback in the Brumbies' final 66-0 trial victory over an ACT XV in Canberra on Thursday.

Winger Henry Speight is also due to get the call-up against the Force, allowing the Brumbies to start with a near full-strength outfit.

But new skipper Ben Mowen, who captained for the first time in the ACT trial, warned fans against expecting too much from their season-opener.

''We're not going to hit our straps in the first round - we just aren't,'' he said. ''We are going to be pushing and developing the whole year so, at the pointy end of the season, we're there.''
    The Brumbies season kicks off on Friday at Canberra Stadium.

Meanwhile, a chat with Tim Horan has given former Wallabies flyer Peter Hynes renewed hope of returning from major knee surgery. But the recovering Queensland Reds winger admits he has no idea when he will be able to play again almost a year after breaking down.

''I have spoken to him. He gives you hope,'' Hynes said of Horan on Friday. ''His knee was absolutely ruined and he came back to win a World Cup and be the tournament's best player.
    ''I mean to sit down with him and talk to him more.''

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugb...#ixzz1mj8XAiRH

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    THE Brumbies' fortunes look to be turning around at the perfect time, with news that Wallabies Stephen Moore, Ben Alexander and Pat McCabe might be right for their opening Super Rugby clash against the Western Force.

Just a week ago, the Brumbies were contemplating having to start the season minus any of their three capped players after Alexander and Moore were felled in the opening minutes of their trial against Queensland with shoulder and elbow concerns.

McCabe, meanwhile, was forecasting a return several weeks into the season, back from a shoulder injury suffered in last year's World Cup.

But a week out from the match against the Force, the Brumbies' injury clouds appear to have lifted.
    Coach Jake White confirmed Moore and Alexander are expected to play, while a decision will be made on McCabe later next week. He returned to full contact training on Thursday, but has impressed enough to put his hand up for selection.

''McCabe's nearly there. It's just a choice as to whether he's mentally up for it,'' White said. ''If he feels good enough and feels like he can't let himself down - I know what type of guy he is and I have to be very sensitive because he will want to play even if he's not ready.''

White said McCabe's return could leave him with a pleasing headache in the backline, with Robbie Coleman doing good things at fullback in the Brumbies' final 66-0 trial victory over an ACT XV in Canberra on Thursday.

Winger Henry Speight is also due to get the call-up against the Force, allowing the Brumbies to start with a near full-strength outfit.

But new skipper Ben Mowen, who captained for the first time in the ACT trial, warned fans against expecting too much from their season-opener.

''We're not going to hit our straps in the first round - we just aren't,'' he said. ''We are going to be pushing and developing the whole year so, at the pointy end of the season, we're there.''
    The Brumbies season kicks off on Friday at Canberra Stadium.

Meanwhile, a chat with Tim Horan has given former Wallabies flyer Peter Hynes renewed hope of returning from major knee surgery. But the recovering Queensland Reds winger admits he has no idea when he will be able to play again almost a year after breaking down.

''I have spoken to him. He gives you hope,'' Hynes said of Horan on Friday. ''His knee was absolutely ruined and he came back to win a World Cup and be the tournament's best player.
    ''I mean to sit down with him and talk to him more.''

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugb...#ixzz1mj8XAiRH

I think they got the headline wrong, but at least they have the excuses for failure out nice and early

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    McCabe is rubbish

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    puts him on a par with one or two of our backs then

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    "With the Super Rugby season six days away, McCabe has vowed to add unpredictability to his already impressive abilities in a bid to have a bigger impact for the ACT Brumbies."
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...217-1teyq.html

Shouldn't be hard - even one pass a game would have everyone wondering what's come over him.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    They should just leave him at Fullback where he goes well.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I've been edited... However McCabe will not be needed

vCash
    Coleman at 12 adds real razzle dazzle. That kid is zip zip. No doubt his size will count against him at the selection table.

Hopefully Mccabe will play 12 for the Brumbies. That will take their backline out of the equation and allow our backrow to dominate

and Muddie..........it's on like donkey kong........so get stuffed

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Coleman at 12 adds real razzle dazzle. That kid is zip zip. No doubt his size will count against him at the selection table.

Hopefully Mccabe will play 12 for the Brumbies. That will take their backline out of the equation and allow our backrow to dominate

and Muddie..........it's on like donkey kong........so get stuffed
    Coleman looked amazing until everybody realized he needs to be marked closely and not allowed even half a step. He's too small to offer any appreciable momentum and therefore, if our defense is big, and in his face, he'll be about as effective as McCabe.

If, however, we let him have two footfalls with the ball in hand, we're stuffed!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Coleman looked amazing until everybody realized he needs to be marked closely and not allowed even half a step. He's too small to offer any appreciable momentum and therefore, if our defense is big, and in his face, he'll be about as effective as McCabe.

If, however, we let him have two footfalls with the ball in hand, we're stuffed!
    Coleman will be hard to mark from the back at 15, he also has a good kicking game... You need to worry about White, Toomua and Lealiifano and the massive new wingers... Not to mention Andrew Smith 100+ massive with skills and speed...

Ooh and there'll be 3 massive fit loosies Vaea, Kimlin and Mowen... ouch... these lads will be clean out more than just last years frustrations... I think the Brums forwards are bigger faster and fitter...

Captain Ben Mowen will start at No8 with Peter Kimlin likely to join Vaea as the team's flankers.
    If White opts for the trio, the Brumbies' back row will be a combined 336 kilograms and 580 centimetres, giving it a 23 kilogram and 19 centimetre advantage over the Force if they select Pocock, Ben McCalman and Matt Hodgson.

''It's good having Ita there at No7, he'll bash the breakdown at any stage he can,'' Kimlin said.

''A guy like that in front of you and you can feed off that.

''The challenge is to see if we can gel together and be hard on the ball as well as aggressive.''

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugb...#ixzz1n0LhsOks

Last edited by mudskipper; 21-02-12 at 16:54.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think the massive police are coming...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I think the massive police are coming...
    Isn't it massive attack and the police...

[YOUTUBE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD9EcRZpVFY&feature=fvst"]Massive Attack - Protection - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Coleman will be hard to mark from the back at 15, he also has a good kicking game... You need to worry about White, Toomua and Lealiifano and the massive new wingers... Not to mention Andrew Smith 100+ massive with skills and speed...

Ooh and there'll be 3 massive fit loosies Vaea, Kimlin and Mowen... ouch... these lads will be clean out more than just last years frustrations... I think the Brums forwards are bigger faster and fitter...
    Yep, big is definitely one part of the equation mud, but with for backrows at the World Cup, you'd have to think that agile counts for something.

As for big wingers...We've got ours

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yep, big is definitely one part of the equation mud, but with for backrows at the World Cup, you'd have to think that agile counts for something.

As for big wingers...We've got ours
    I'm doubt he is match fit... Speight and Tomane will deal with him... But I look forward to seeing the next big thing at the Force have a go ...

vCash
    Have you got a lineup for us Mud

Our team will be fit. It has been faking hot here since X-mas. Our lads have worked their arses off. I think they were a bit jaded for the trials

They will be peaking for round 1

I smell an ambush

Force by 12

Controversy corner

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast