Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    it was the assistant ref who was the problem

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper1 View Post
    A LEARNER ref who's a South African, the Force had no chance..

Neutral refs should be the norm.....
    Except in Australian derby games. Some of the Aussie refs are just as bad.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I watched the game last night after reading many of the earlier posts in this thread - as a result I watched the ref's decisions pretty closely (ironically with probably less bias than I might usually have, as a Force fanatic). IMO the ref did not cost us the game. He made some mistakes, as all do, but to the advantage of both sides, I saw no obvious bias and felt he did better than I have seen from some senior refs this year. The AR decision on Mafu and the disallowed try was a howler but the ref did the right thing and asked the right question - did the "foul play" have an impact on the try being scored? Unfortunately ARs seem to feel they need to impose themselves and this one was a shocker.

However, ultimately we lost the game for the same reason we have lost so many this year, lack of penetration from our backs. Our forwards did well - but did give away too many legitimate penalties.

I have no problem with our commitment and willingness to lay the body on the line, it always makes me proud to be a member. The problem is we don't currently have the talent to make it at this level atm and we better bloody do something about it. It really pissed me off to see the Rabble play so much better than us on the weekend! We need a very different 2013.

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah, that was a magical rebels v bulls game. How good was the 9/10s passing from both teams. fast, flat and in front...

vCash
    We had Harvey at 10, rabble had Beale. Lets be serious for a moment, one is a club player, one is an international often described as "worlds best attacking fullback". Any surprise who played better?

The real point is we are desperate for an international quality 10, and always have been. Gits was NOT a 10 despite wanting to be one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    yeah, that was a magical rebels v bulls game. How good was the 9/10s passing from both teams. fast, flat and in front...
    Totally on the ball, also have a look and compare the one out flat passes from the Reds and Crusaders with the Forces LONG passes back to a flatfooted forward, or to a 1st 5 15 yards from the scrum/ruck that the Force stick with. - it was a totally different league.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    The real point is we are desperate for an international quality 10, and always have been. Gits was NOT a 10 despite wanting to be one.
    Screw that. We are desperate for a Super Rugby quality 10. That's the problem with the Force as an organisation. We were willing to throw 600k at Genia when I reckon we would have picked up guys like Ben Lucas, Matt Toomua, Christian Lealiifano and maybe Bernard Foley for half that. We have this same dramas every year because the organisation isn't willing to accept good and will only go for 'International quality' or 'World-class'. That fails and we end up with shite. Why were there never any articles about the Force pushing hard for those kind of players? Why did we let go of Scott Daruda when he would probably have been better than everyone we've had at 10 since he left.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Screw that. We are desperate for a Super Rugby quality 10. That's the problem with the Force as an organisation. We were willing to throw 600k at Genia when I reckon we would have picked up guys like Ben Lucas, Matt Toomua, Christian Lealiifano and maybe Bernard Foley for half that. We have this same dramas every year because the organisation isn't willing to accept good and will only go for 'International quality' or 'World-class'. That fails and we end up with shite. Why were there never any articles about the Force pushing hard for those kind of players? Why did we let go of Scott Daruda when he would probably have been better than everyone we've had at 10 since he left.
    Do you think it has anything to do with impatient sponsors with deep pockets? The "we expect a quick return on our investment" types??

vCash
    James I understand and largely agree with your sentiments, but I used the expression "international" to differentiate between the type of club player Harvey is and Beale, and that we need a player more in beales league to generate some edge into the attack.

If we are going to have a mixture of youth, journeymen, pros and wallabies and marquees, we need the elite player to be a 10 and not a wing. We have never had a serviceable 10, always making do with 2nd string or converted from another position.

Guys like Lucas and Lealiifano ARE "international" standard, and will probably be capped this season. Harvey and Seymour are club players not even S15 standard, and Chucky is not a 10. Therein lies the difference.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    Do you think it has anything to do with impatient sponsors with deep pockets? The "we expect a quick return on our investment" types??
    You sponsor something or someone in order to promote your company or organisation, by associating it with something which is successful, popular or highly visible ("promotion by association"). Unfortunately, the reverse also holds true, and no company or organisation is promoted positively if it gets associated with something which looks consistently like a loser.

In the promotion and sponsoring game, success breeds success and failure hangs out a sign saying "stay away from here".

vCash
    [QUOTE=
    In the promotion and sponsoring game, success breeds success and failure hangs out a sign saying "stay away from here".[/QUOTE]

I know your correct I just wish you hadn't put it in print!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorM View Post
    You sponsor something or someone in order to promote your company or organisation, by associating it with something which is successful, popular or highly visible ("promotion by association"). Unfortunately, the reverse also holds true, and no company or organisation is promoted positively if it gets associated with something which looks consistently like a loser.

In the promotion and sponsoring game, success breeds success and failure hangs out a sign saying "stay away from here".
    Yep! Sadly that's what I was thinking. As the mighty $ rules the world these days, RugbyWA would be under pressure from sponsors to buy in a winning formula for immediate success rather than grow it over time from grass roots. As an AFL State, we don't have the advantage of a 100 yr rugby legacy like QLD and NSW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    yeah, that was a magical rebels v bulls game
    How interesting.

That was the other debutant referee.

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorM View Post

Yes, I remember the first few paragraphs of this - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1111118965368...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6