Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coach for 2013 and beyond

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well I'm hopeful things will improve. What the supporters should do is stay the course.
    Posted via Mobile Device

see my sig

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    see my sig
    At 2 grand a punt each year for our gold memberships, it's becoming an expensive expression of faith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorM View Post
    At 2 grand a punt each year for our gold memberships, it's becoming an expensive expression of faith.
    You're getting scalped, my gold memberships cost $435 each!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    like me,he probably has gold memberships for four family members

vCash
    somehow dad conned me into paying for mine this year when i wasnt going to make any games.
    ended up making one

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    You're getting scalped, my gold memberships cost $435 each!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Gold times 4 - but you're right, it feels like we are being scalped.

vCash
    Michael Cheika head coach of Stade Francais in Top 14 is out of contract and from what Fox Sports has on their website the Force are interested.

Side note i heard Perth Glory and Western Force pay $100k a game to play at NIB stadium

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    Michael Cheika head coach of Stade Francais in Top 14 is out of contract and from what Fox Sports has on their website the Force are interested.
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1226350588508

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Probably a plot by stade francais to keep him there for 3 years
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    I sincerely hope, any coach puts together a plan to Vern Reid and others at RugbyWA that encompasses the whole package:

1. The support for the Force organisation and team is critical. Who will his assistant coaches be?
    2. Who and how will he choose the Force 'A' coach
    3. What and how will he manage a pathway. Gold - 'A' - Force???
    4. How does he intend integrating with Community Rugby.

It is a travesty that the RugbyWa membership is poorly represented by registered club members, how will the new coach work with RugbyWA to get community rugby behind the Force. I am gutted to see more punters supporting the Chiefs, Crusaders etc than our Force.

It would surprise me if in QLD premier grade less than 90% of players fully support the Reds and dream to play for them, I am sure the same applies in Sydney for the Tahs, Auckland for the Blues, Durbs for the Sharks and so on....

Sadly I doubt the same can be said of premier grade players in Perth - How can we turn this around? If 90% of Premier Grade players in Perth supported the Force, their leadership within each club would trickle down to Reserve Grade, Juniors, supporters etc.

The incoming coach needs to be aware of this fact and propose some methodology to improve this sad statistic. If the Force boys knew that when they ran onto the field NIB, their support goes beyond the cheers and has substance - then NIB will truly become a fortress.

Personally I think whilst Mullers may not have the headline grabbing credentials of Louden, Mullers with his past knowledge is the best candidate. Was he not instrumental in bringing over Sharpie - ex Southport, Poey and O'Connor??

Last edited by Hansie; 09-05-12 at 10:42. Reason: correct spelling mistakes

vCash
    Last time the coach left they gave the job to one of the assistants and we didn't see a whole lot of change or improvement.

I'm not knowledgeable enough about Phil Blake to comment about whether he is the right man for the job but it wouldn't inspire optimism in me for next year knowing they just promoted from in-house like they did last time.

I think we need a well-respected coach from outside to come in with a big broom (ala Jake White)
    and sweep the place clean and be able to build a team that he wants. Therefore I would like to see the appointment of the new coach announced sooner rather than later so he can have an input deciding signings for next year.

The fans need something to look forward to and appointing someone already here would indicate to me that things may remain pretty much the same.

vCash

it sounds as though we are waiting for him to be sacked!

Western Force remain hopeful of securing Michael Cheika as coach after Tony McGahan turns down offer
    By Bret Harris
    The Australian May 09, 2012 8:45AM Tweet
    Frontrunner ... Cheika's future at Stade Francais is apparently uncertain. Source: Franck Fife / AAP
    Western Force remains hopeful of securing France-based Australian Michael Cheika for its vacant head coaching position.

The Adjudicator: Super Rugby
    R12 preview: 'I'm looking at you, mustachioed Crusaders'
    Cheika and former Munster coach Tony McGahan were on top of the Force's wish-list when Richard Graham was stood down after accepting an offer to coach the Queensland Reds next year.

McGahan turned down the Force to concentrate on his new role as Wallabies coaching co-ordinator and Cheika recommitted to French club Stade Francais.

Clarkie's Weekly Analysis
    Preview: 'They know this is do-or-die' + 14
    But there is speculation Cheika's future in Paris is uncertain, especially after Stade Francais lost to Racing Metro at the weekend.

If Cheika parts company with Stade Francais, he could potentially become a candidate for the Force job.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
    End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
    Cheika was a contender for the Force when the team entered the Super Rugby competition in 2006, but it went to former All Blacks coach John Mitchell instead.

Now he is regarded as one of the best provincial coaches in the world after guiding Irish side Leinster to the Heineken Cup in 2009.

The Force would be a challenge, but Cheika has built a reputation for turning teams around.

It is understood the Force is prepared to wait to see whether Cheika will become available.

At present, the Perth team is not prepared to commit to any of the coaches on its shortlist, which includes former Force assistant John Mulvihill, ex-Waratahs attack coach Brian Melrose and current interim coach Phil Blake.

There is a growing feeling that Force captain and openside flanker David Pocock will stay in Perth, but he will not commit himself until the coaching issue has been resolved satisfactorily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May the FORCE be with you!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I have it on good authority that the ARU exerted a LOT of pressure on RWA to take on RG as an assistant in the first place and as the fulltime coach in the second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Last time the coach left they gave the job to one of the assistants and we didn't see a whole lot of change or improvement.

I'm not knowledgeable enough about Phil Blake to comment about whether he is the right man for the job but it wouldn't inspire optimism in me for next year knowing they just promoted from in-house like they did last time.

I think we need a well-respected coach from outside to come in with a big broom (ala Jake White)
    and sweep the place clean and be able to build a team that he wants. Therefore I would like to see the appointment of the new coach announced sooner rather than later so he can have an input deciding signings for next year.

The fans need something to look forward to and appointing someone already here would indicate to me that things may remain pretty much the same.
    I wish I could praise your post twice Todd!! I think you are right on the money there!!

vCash
    PC I think its rather sad that we do not have faith in the Board understanding that all is not well in Denmark, that drastic changes MUST occur in all facets for field performance to improve, and appointing the best coach to achieve that result. There was once a time when I did have faith, as I liked to believe the WA guys that formed the Force must be sharper and hungrier than the blazer brigade back in NSW.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast