Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Useful Information For The Club Tipping Competition

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Some Useful Information For The Club Tipping Competition

So, who are the fabulous 17 Force fellows who will be gracing the club rugby fields of the metro area this weekend? I read a tweet from Mr Graham to that effect yesterday, but haven't seen any list yet.

Have Cott been issued a whole side plus two reserves this week? Soaks are in for a lot of pain, me thinks. Actually, Cott will likely do them without the reinForcements.

And haven't Wests done well with their three Japanese recruits! If they're as good as I've heard, Pally are going to get slaughtered in the back line. Personally selected and imported by Nick Stiles, I'm informed.

Are Neddies going to do their usual, and start the season with a wimper and finish with a bang? If so, the Uni Hibernians will put 50 points on them, that's how good they look this season.

Wanneroo and Rocky should be a walk in the park for Rocky who are cock a hoop after taking apart the New Zealand Navy Rugby Team 60 points to 7, according to the local rag. I wonder if the Roo Dogs will be going for contested scrums this time. Could be a big mistake if they do.

Perth's humongous pack of forwards will have to deliver and keep possession of a lot of set piece ball if they are not to be outclassed by Kala's nippy backs. Remember Kala's backs took out the Pacific Island sevens a month or two ago.

Don't forget to get your tips in boys, and feel free to follow my suggestions.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I rarely seek legal advice

vCash
    I think Neddies will be firing for this game, especially with the Mike Denton Memorial Shield up for grabs!!

Will be interesting to see which Force players play where, i know down at Perth Bayswater we will have none...

Rookie
    vCash
    Dents was a great man but maybe the pressure off playing for him an also trying to over come last years final lose after thumping UNI in the semi might be a stumbling block for the boys down the foreshore
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Dents was a great man but maybe the pressure off playing for him an also trying to over come last years final lose after thumping UNI in the semi might be a stumbling block for the boys down the foreshore
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yeah could definitely be the case, but i think all round there will be some nerves heading into the unknown that is the first round of the new season! Good luck to all involved

vCash
    "And haven't Wests done well with their three Japanese recruits! If they're as good as I've heard, Pally are going to get slaughtered in the back line. Personally selected and imported by Nick Stiles, I'm informed."

Watched Wests v Neddies practice match last Saturday - Neddies started like a house on fire, looked well practised etc, being a practice match there were a number of regulars (mainly for Wests), standing out. The three Japanese recruits........mmmm, not sure about that one. There were a few shortcomings in Wests defence - but then again I don't think those payers will front for 1st grade this week. Wests should go one better and make the finals, Neddies are up there as well. Wests and Paly should be a good match this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    I rarely seek legal advice
    A lot of sentenced prisoners say that.

Champion
    vCash
    The 3 japanese lads are here for 2 weeks and wouldn't make 1st grade anyway

Champion
    vCash

westie man

Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    I think Neddies will be firing for this game, especially with the Mike Denton Memorial Shield up for grabs!!

Will be interesting to see which Force players play where, i know down at Perth Bayswater we will have none...
    We also have none we were offered Josh Holmes but declined due to the fact that our halfback is one of the best going round and we weren't gonna get used up so he could make a one off cameo appearance so instead he's shot thru to yes you guessed it Cottsloe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    We also have none we were offered Josh Holmes but declined due to the fact that our halfback is one of the best going round and we weren't gonna get used up so he could make a one off cameo appearance so instead he's shot thru to yes you guessed it Cottsloe
    Actually that's incorrect, on advise from big brother Luke, he is at Neddies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    The 3 japanese lads are here for 2 weeks and wouldn't make 1st grade anyway
    Shit, you guys are that good! I heard they played at our equivalent of super 15 level.

You've got a super winger from Pally but, and he will make all the difference for you on Saturday.

vCash
    RugbyFan, so who's the poor bastard from Nedlands who's going to be dropped for the last minute, second choice, ring in?

Rookie
    vCash
    If he plays halfback Nate Roberts will play first five . I'm thinking if josh doesn't start he'l be lucky to get 15 mins
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    RugbyFan, so who's the poor bastard from Nedlands who's going to be dropped for the last minute, second choice, ring in?
    I think when it is put into this perspective you can see how a Force player who isn't active in your club can disrupt a team rather than improve it... Good on West's for sticking with what they have been working with for the last couple of weeks, i am sure they will play much better for it and the boys will appreciate knowing that their coaches put them first!

Senior Player
    vCash
    There are previews and team lists on the rugby WA website. Lots of Force players going arund this week.

Looks like Neddies have done well with the force players. Cott must be too embarassed to disclose how many they have.

http://www.westernforce.com.au/Premi...TeamLists.aspx

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/NewsEvents...5/Default.aspx

UWA v Nedlands
    Saturday 21 April at McGillivray Oval
    Kick-off: 3.30pm

UWA: 1 Nevin Mills, 2 Ray Barkwill, 3 Trevor Downes, 4 Corey Thomas, 5 Mark Westcott, 6 Cian O'Connor, 7 Ben Taylor, 8 Jeremy Smith, 9 Chris Setu, 10 Luke Burton, 11 Rory McCarthy, 12 Andy Finn, 13 Nathan Cummins, 14 Fionn McLoughlin, 15 Aidan Higo, 16 Harry Scoble, 17 Christian Tedge, 18 Dennis Puia, 19 Sean Ashton, 20 Michael Patching, 21 Michael Innes, 22 Grant Hardwick

Nedlands: 1 Kane Greer, 2 Mason Pamore, 3 Travis Church, 4 Phil Styne, 5 Luke Doherty (c), 6 Lachlan McCaffrey, 7 Joe Egan, 8 Rat Naylor, 9 Josh Holmes, 10 Nate Roberts (vc), 11 Matt Venter, 12 Ben Seymour, 13 Saul Chase, 14 Juan Pretorious, 15 Patrick Dellit Reserves 16 Kristan Lawrence, 17 Scott Cameron, 18 Daniel Bailey, 19 Alan Chaulky, 20 Sam Rarasia, 21 Cam Crowley, 22 Henare Hira

Cottesloe v Associates
    Saturday 21 April at Harvey Field

Cottesloe: Not provided
    Associates: Not provided

Wests Subiaco v Palmyra
    Saturday 21 April at Rosalie Park

Wests Subiaco: 1 Mike Tamihana, 2 Ant Usmar, 3 Dan Kaitapu, 4 Hamish Limbrick, 5 Ben Heenan, 6 Chris Miles (c), 7 Jeremy Corless, 8 Pierre Roberts, 9 Michael Marshall , 10 Tevav TeRangi, 11 Maia King, 12 Heremaia Te Aute, 13 Saula Fifita, 14 Vincent Silulu, 15 Chance Bunce

Palmyra: 1 J Savage, 2 G Kelly, 3 S Manu, 4 J Riddle, 5 S Mc Crae, 6 P O’connor, 7 A Koliavu, 8 H Tioki, 9 N Corkin, 10 S Juricich, 11 T Rereiti, 12 T Mailata, 13 H Baird, 14 B Titoko, 15 A Stewart Reserves 16 S Manu, 17 C Higgins, 18 M Marshall, 19 J Alston, 20 T Vatsalis

Wanneroo v Rockingham
    Saturday 21 April at Kingsway Reserve

Wanneroo: 1 Tetra Faulkner, 2 Sam Lappin, 3 Steve Managan, 4 Phoenix Battye, 5 Masauosalo Tutaia, 6 Makroni Mafi, 7 Vesi Luatua, 8 Kyle Del Frate, 9 Tim Mullins, 10 Tane Puki, 11 Casper Nell, 12 Carl Hart, 13 Fanua Junior Aufai, 14 Grant Erskine, 15 Common Terry

Rockingham: 1 Lei Aholelei, 2 Geoff Minson, 3 Kyle Edwards, 4 Glynn Edwards, 5 Tyler Edwards (c), 6 Kory Oxley, 7 Adam Brick, 8 Logan Huate, 9 AJ Smith, 10 Dudley Courtland, 11 Gareth Pottenger, 12 Tane Manga, 13 Perry Cooke, 14 Kurt Courtney, 15 Cody Mason

Perth Bayswater v Kalamunda
    Saturday 21 April at Pat O’Hara Reserve

Perth Bayswater: 1 Laione Mulikihaamea, 2 Chris Kidd, 3 Tom Glyde, 4 Campbell Saunders, 5 Jonathan Stanley, 6 Brent Murphy, 7 Mark Jackson, 8 Michael Murphy, 9 Curtic Maclean, 10 Ethan Carlisle, 11 Will Bjerrum, 12 Brendon Anderson, 13 Dylan Johnson, 14 Sean Medcalf, 15 Mark Gaskin

Kalamunda: 1 Sui Liaga, 2 Ben Rumble, 3 Aaron Minett, 4 Nikau Rangiwhetu, 5 Rafael Gollach, 6 Jacob Rumble, 7 Kahn Gillingham, 8 James Cullimore, 9 Shaun Baker, 10 Gray Gardiner, 11 Jordan Pereira, 12 Will Jobe, 13 David Kara, 14 Puke Teao, 15 Kane Allen Reserves 16 Mathew Berry, 17 Josh Heke, 18 Junior Tairea, 19 Temangatitoki Apetera, 20 Michael Matika-Kowhai, 21 Quintin Tufoua, 22 Stephen Chetkovich

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast