Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Furious Western Force players wanted Richard Graham sacked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Does he drive real slow in the ultra fast lane?
    While TWF people make TWF faces...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I heard the news, shrugged my shoulders and thought "That's professional rugby". I actually didn't expect so many people to arc up about it, especially so many who have been calling for his head for long enough. So I'm finding it all a bit weird, being one of the calm heads - certainly has me out of my comfort zone, and I'm not sure it really suits me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    He's already lined up his nice little earner on the RWC committee ................. jobs for the boys. A bit like Richard Graham - "go and sit over in Perth for a year or so and then we'll sort you out a nice little slot with a real rugby organisation".........................

And since we're into song lyrics

The lunatic is on the grass
    The lunatics are on the grass
    Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
    Got to keep the loonies on the path.
    It must be a decent earner - as he apparently knocked back a senior management offer from Chelsea FC, and we know how much they throw around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Fine. If the players want him out of the picture as head coach and the board don't want to pay him out, make him the gear steward, team bus driver, coach's gofer, reserve ball boy.......whatever. But one way or t'other remove him as head coach. Put the assistants in charge. The players will do the rest.
    Sounds like the players will do that anyway. I wonder whether player coaching from Sharpie will be better than Graham's attempts?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I heard the news, shrugged my shoulders and thought "That's professional rugby". I actually didn't expect so many people to arc up about it, especially so many who have been calling for his head for long enough. So I'm finding it all a bit weird, being one of the calm heads - certainly has me out of my comfort zone, and I'm not sure it really suits me...
    Andy some of us have been calling for his head because of the results. But and it is a big BUT these negotiations have obviously going on for months and must would have had a negative impact on a good coach. Also the remarks made at the press conference certainly could be taken as derogatory to WA.

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    the comments are unnecessary and I as a player,coach supporter feel that his words attacked the integrity of the game in WA. Which I find highly offensive as I have had the honour of playing for the state being in the force system as a junior. Rugby is something I hold very close to me and its a part of my core identity and for him to come and say it in the way he did makes my blood boil!

vCash
    The Players didn't like Mitchell...Players didn't get on with RG...time the Players were more professional and concentrated on the job they are paid to do and play with passion and committment as do a few...we would be in a much better place IMHO!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Sack RG and let Sharpie and Bam do there thing in the interum.... surely there is an assittant to help. Get rid of him like Julia did with Rudd. Rugby no diff to politics.
    I am so upset with RWA letting this happen we just self exploded every year.

vCash
    On meet the players day, we met RG and my Mrs said as we walked away 'he's a dickhead', I thought it was a bit harsh and she's generally a good judge of character.
    Looks like she was right !!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Batto View Post
    On meet the players day, we met RG and my Mrs said as we walked away 'he's a dickhead', I thought it was a bit harsh and she's generally a good judge of character.
    Mrs Batto to conduct the new coaching interviews?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    could be bloody short ones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Batto View Post
    let that be a lesson to you Batto..the Missus is always right!

Last edited by andrewM; 17-04-12 at 20:43.

vCash
    I wouldn't say I am angry over it, but very disappointed. As many have said, discussions for the job would have started a couple of months ago.. at the start of the Super season. If RG had integrity he would have said 'lets discuss this after the season ends' so that this sort of messy conflict could have been avoided and his committment to the Force could not be questioned. Now, we can only wonder how much this has distracted from his (current) role and how much it has impacted the team.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    The disappointing thing is that RG's words have made the Force and WA look like a second rate temporary job.
    The part that pisses me off is that RG's actions also make the the Force and WA look like a second rate temporary job opportunity.

Either bring in an international coach or elevate a sandgroper into the job. We need someone who has wanted to smash the East into the dust since birth in charge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Sack RG and let Sharpie and Bam do there thing in the interum.... surely there is an assittant to help. Get rid of him like Julia did with Rudd. Rugby no diff to politics.
    I am so upset with RWA letting this happen we just self exploded every year.
    ...and that worked out real well for Julia and the ALP didn't it?

On a serious note, I would be chasing Phil Mooney with all my might if I were you. He started the Reds turnaround before Link arrived and set the base for last year's championship.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast