Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Josh Holmes

vCash
    No offense to Turner but Holmes will be much better cover at halfback potentially to start next year in the absence of Sheehan and Stannard if he rises to his full potential. I just dont think Turner is up to scratch at super level. Bring back Swanny too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Turner is a local boy isnt he (?) arent we meant to be securing local talent they are the ones that will stick around and be loyal to EWF
    Good signing I feel esp if Brett is off to France next season we will need a number 1 9

vCash
    That doesn't mean he isn't in need of a few extra kilos, some game nouse and a large injection of mongrel.

Local boy or not, he needs to be able to make the grade to get a contract.......don't get me started on entrenched inequality...I could go on for hours, and it would turn into a SARU transformation lecture!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    He's up to the grade. He does just need experience and to get over his current injury woes. Not ready for the full time 9 gig but will continue to be a good back up.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Has been very injury prone and rumour has it he was the same at school, we probaly need to start looking elsewhere and Holmes is a great start

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    There's no such thing any more as a loyal rugby player!

When the game turned professional, loyalty went out the window.

The Force playing squad (inc the locals) are here only as a stepping stone to the next gig.

They are using us; we should see them for what they are and not get too emotionally involved with them. When they break, throw them away and get a new one.

Go Neddies.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A year ago we were all raving how Turner was the next great thing and should have been starting over Sheehan. Young players evolve over time, just as TWF posters memories fade over time...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    There's no such thing any more as a loyal rugby player!

When the game turned professional, loyalty went out the window.

The Force playing squad (inc the locals) are here only as a stepping stone to the next gig.

They are using us; we should see them for what they are and not get too emotionally involved with them. When they break, throw them away and get a new one.

Go Neddies.
    I wonder why nobody wants to play at your club?

If they are treated as commodities and disposable individuals, they are hardly going to commit to putting their body on the line and digging deep for their team mates. A champion team finds inspiration in not letting their mates down and doing the hard stuff like getting off the ground when you are knackered to put on a big hit to turn over the ball or sprint to clean up a loose ball or putting yourself in position to make a try saving tackle..........mindset, guts, ticker determination..........but there is a higher purpose, a comraderie, a "spirit" that is indomitable despite overwhelming odds, hardship, pain, exhaustion. It's known colloquially as digging deep for the bloke beside you.

A competent management will select a player that wants to use the opportunity to develop themselves and be part of a successful team...........not just plug a hole because they are available. I use Matt Hodgson as the prototype for what the Force was built on. Matt is a bloke who was off the radar of the tahs/reds/Ponies...........but he had the desire and the bloody minded attitude and the "mongrel" and he worked very hard and started to outperform his more fancied team mates........and achieved the highest honour of national selection. His performances have been outstanding and lifts his team mates with super human endurance and determination. He's the bloke you see putting on a massive hit and pilfering the ball when you are so f'ucked you can't get off the ground............but you do because Matty just put his balls on the line for you and you aren't gunna let him down.

A champion team will beat a team of champions. It's as old as the sun. Loyalty to each other is the spirit upon which teams achieve greatness.

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    A year ago we were all raving how Turner was the next great thing and should have been starting over Sheehan. Young players evolve over time, just as TWF posters memories fade over time...
    I was never convinced he was up to super rugby level but like everyone else were more hoping that a young guy who had come through the WA system would be able to succeed. JT made one great play scoring a try off a snipe I think and his reputation imo has been built on that. The other parts of his game has always been "shaky". On top of that if he's injury prone as what has been suggested then the organization has to be ruthless. Same applies to Sheps.
    Swany showed much more composure then JT and has a body that can deal with super rugby contact thus why I prefer him.
    Always been a fan of sheehan apart from when he was a tahd when i hated him. i prefer the halfback to be aggressive and abrasive. Josh Holmes is the complete opposite and at times i think he's a bit too "casual".

Ben Lucas's name has been thrown around but I cant see him ever leaving Qld but his brother might be worth the investment. Also If Richard Kingi decides he wants to wear the 9 fulltime he might be persuaded to come west. He also has heaps of relatives in Perth as well as up here in Karratha

vCash
    Yeah, Ben Lucas is red till he's dead I'm afraid. Richard Kingi would have to think he's a good chance to replace nick Phipps.

C'mon the

vCash
    Holmes was the best in shute shield scrum half a few years back but failed at S14 due to his big self attitude I heard. He is a real talent who needs to do the work and he could be anything. I pleased to see he's got a new opportunity , he blew it at the brumbies and tahs. I think he's a great signing for the force.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Well, of you can't learn attitude from Brett Sheehan, you simply aren't listening!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoolly Doolly View Post
    ........If Richard Kingi decides he wants to wear the 9 fulltime he might be persuaded to come west. He also has heaps of relatives in Perth as well as up here in Karratha
    Watch this space people........

vCash
    Looks like Kingi is off to france. Prior is a better pick up imo anyway.

vCash
    Ah that's unfortunate, I thought Kingi had a bit of the x-factor about him.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2