Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RETURNING FORCE SET FOR REDS

vCash
    That team is starting to have a nice look to it

The pack is a "bully" pack and will boss the Reds around. I'm looking forward to some Red squealing. The forwards are starting to look tasty and confrontational. No Wykes is a massive bonus.

I'm disappointed for Cottrell. I thought he was a bit quiet last week. This might be a a subtle hint from the coach that he needs to deliver every week? Maybe he has a few niggling injuries?

Cummins at 13 should get him more involved. I like it.

The Reds are limping into town

Their pack was belted and bullied last week

Their backline is injured, inexperienced and dysfunctional

Force by 20

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    On a side issue - and I am probably going to get yelled at for this one.

But how many games has Cam Shepherd played for us in the last couple of years and how long will we continue to support a player that seems to spend more time on the sidelines than the waterboy and the physio combined?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    On a side issue - and I am probably going to get yelled at for this one.

But how many games has Cam Shepherd played for us in the last couple of years and how long will we continue to support a player that seems to spend more time on the sidelines than the waterboy and the physio combined?
    No yelling required - we hate ourselves forit but I think we're all just about agreed on this, sad as it is.

Last edited by WF1964; 29-03-12 at 17:42. Reason: typo

Champion
    vCash
    Shep will be in the northern hempishere next year, he won't want to receive only $110k. No match cash, or 3party payments when your in the 4th row of the grand stand..

This is. Joke, also Add turner to this list, how many games have these 2 players played over the past 3 years ? Probably count em on my hands but we continue to support them with no sight in near.

vCash
    Wonder if Richard has read GAGR site today and noted.
    "For the Force, the problem all season has been scoring enough points and missing first up tackles. The pack has done a terrific job in most areas and they now have one of the best set pieces in the competition (witness their demolition of the Rebels scrum last week). The issue I’ve seen in most games has been how static their attack has been once the ball has been cleared from the ruck or restart. Last week was especially bad in that a lot of blokes were receiving the ball flat footed and behind the gain line. The Rebels, by contrast, were getting crisp service from the halves and their backs were able to get the ball out in front of them. It’s going to be critical for them to clear the ball quickly and decisively to players hitting the ball at pace. It’s been far too easy to shut their attack down, because it’s been too static and there have been few angles and few bodies in motion. The other area that they are going to have to be much more accurate is the kick and attendant chase. Kicking for field position and playing to the strengths in the pack is a fair enough strategy, but the placement of the kicks hasn’t been great and neither has the chasing to be honest. Those first up tackles need to be made on the chase and provide the ability to pin the Reds down in their own half."

Champion
    vCash
    This is how we lose good players we cant afford to lose Cottell given Bam will leave next year.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    That team is starting to have a nice look to it

Cummins at 13 should get him more involved. I like it.

Their backline is injured, inexperienced and dysfunctional
    I disagree.

The forwards look fantastic. Shame Cottrell and Whittaker can't get a possie on the bench.

But outside centre is the most important defensive position in the side, and Cummins has not equipped himself well in that department.

We have the same uninventive halves pairing. Harvey is too slow a fullback. Wara is inexperienced. Stanley has been disappointing.

It is our backline that is injured, inexperienced, and dysfunctional.

So I predict another game where we win in the possession and set-play stats, but can't capitalise on all that on the scoreboard.

I am more than happy, of course, to be proved wrong, and will be there shouting my overtired lungs out at the game.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yeah,Cummins defence(or lack thereof) at centre will be tested
    hope I'm proved wrong

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post

Force by 20
    The Bookie concurs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds81 View Post
    Cotterell is part of the extended playing squad[EPS] which in theory means he can only be selected if there are injuries in his area/position. By ARU rules, with all loose forwards fit,he has to drop out of the 22. Take it up with the ARU.
    Is there any rule that says the eps player is only cover and once the contracted player is fit he needs to go??
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    yeah,Cummins defence(or lack thereof) at centre will be tested
    hope I'm proved wrong
    He looks like he has bulked up a bit.........or has he had a trim making his head look smaller?

I've seen him make some massive hits but his lateral defence looks to have slipped.........which makes me think he's beefed up a bit and dropped a yard of pace.

I think 13 might be his spot..............hitting a ball at speed and running straight and hard a'la Spanner. He'll make some holes and easy yards over the advantage line................if RG hasn't told them to kick it all farking night.

Our halves blow hot and cold

Sheehan is like a mongrel dog putting in huge hits and niggling and diving on loose balls and cover defending. He's like a 9th forward. I like him. He's a real mean bastard and nobody gets the better of him. He's happy to knuckle the biggest hardest forward in the opposition pack. The bloke has massive ones. I salute thee..................just don't kick you d1ckhead. My 3 year old daughter has a better kicking game.

Stannard is about to cut loose. RG's ridiculous game plans have farked Stannard. It's time to take it to the line and put runners through holes.........like he was doing when he came into 10 last season after his stint with the Oz 7's He needs players in motion and option runners. RG has the backline flat footed and close enough to tug each other with no inside runners, option runners, runners coming at depth or blokes running into holes. It's a cluster f--k. It's like watching an under 10 backline. Just sh1thouse coaching.

Stanley looks to me like he could develop into a good player. He was a junior all black. He is built low and solid. He has good pace and acceleration and good leg strength. I'm happy to give him some games to learn his trade. It's easy to forget he's just a kid. He hasn't done much but I reckon he's got something.

Mafi has been in good form. I hope he doesn't stand on the wing with his hand on his todger because RG has come up with one of his "tactically spot on" kick - everything - game - plans.......lets bore the Reds into error and make their travelling supporters boo them. RG is an epic dribbler. I bet he was a school teacher or something?

Wara likes the try line. He looks like he could be a good player. He looks fast, elusive, strong and scores tries. Praise progress and reward effort and results. He's been scoring pies without seeing much football. I wonder if RG has been able to work out the kid needs a bit more football. Go you good thing. I reckon we've found a back with some talent. Give him the football and let him run.

Sack RG. He's a gimp

Last edited by The Ethicist; 29-03-12 at 23:39.
    Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    I disagree.

The forwards look fantastic. Shame Cottrell and Whittaker can't get a possie on the bench.

But outside centre is the most important defensive position in the side, and Cummins has not equipped himself well in that department.

We have the same uninventive halves pairing. Harvey is too slow a fullback. Wara is inexperienced. Stanley has been disappointing.

It is our backline that is injured, inexperienced, and dysfunctional.

So I predict another game where we win in the possession and set-play stats, but can't capitalise on all that on the scoreboard.

I am more than happy, of course, to be proved wrong, and will be there shouting my overtired lungs out at the game.
    I agree, Cummins was inadequate last week in defence, looking completely out of his depth. I'm frustrated to see Stanley maintain his spot, after an abysmal game last week, and perhaps entire season so far. Harvey should move into 10, and Stannard into 9.

Cottrell, not that it counts for much, but you'd make my starting team tough luck!

Should pick some form, rather than rep.

Bout time we see some Kyle Goodwin, JOC was already reppin' a Wallaby jersey at his age. Though if it's a ploy to stop him turning into a brand, that's alright. Hopefully he gets some game time.

Any word on Paddy D?

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    I wonder about our inside defense. Stanley and Tupou seemed woefully out of position several times last week and I wonder whether that's putting increased pressure on normally good defenders like Nicky Cummins. Even that disaster against Gerrard last week could have been as a result of him defending too far inside to cover blokes he doesn't trust to make the tackle. Once a team begins to lose trust in one another, they ALL start to crab their positions and the problem perpetuates throughout the whole team.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Once a team begins to lose trust in one another, they ALL start to crab their positions and the problem perpetuates throughout the whole team.
    It doesn't help when we're so narrow in attack so that on turnover ball we are vulnerable out wide.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    It doesn't help when we're so narrow in attack so that on turnover ball we are vulnerable out wide.
    Yep, hopefully Cummo at 13 will help that a bit though, he's never really been a bloke to come a mile infield to get the footy, so he might just keep running one or two out from the ruck and keep a nice width to the game. At least Woody's trying something this match......we all hoped he would try something closer to the base, but anything's better than nothing!

C'mon the

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast