Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Dogs they Had Another Meeting....

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

The Dogs they Had Another Meeting....

Palmyra played Wanneroo in a scratch match today (all grades) which was interesting. For whatever reason, Wanneroo decided to go uncontested in the scrums in under 18's, under 20's, and First and second grade, which made all games free flowing, but gave no indication as to what might be expected in the competition games.

KK again was an inspirational player for the Dogs in the second grade, and I expect he will be playing in firsts by the start of the season.

While the Dogs had two huge second rowers, it was hard to tell how good they were, with no scrums, and, apparently no one to lift them in the lineouts.

Palmyra had little to write home about, but they were dominant in the line outs, and their first and second grade backs won comfortably over the Dogs.

Today's game gave no secrets away as to how either side will perform in the season, though I must say Pally appear to have more to be comfortable about than Wanneroo, given that about six of their walk in first graders were excused because of state duties on Friday.

A strange story I heard at the game. Apparently, Wests recruited a huge prop from OS who quickly became pissed off with them and went to Wanneroo. As Wests had paid big bucks for him they sought a return of their money from Wanneroo who paid out. The prop however became dissolusioned with Wanneroo just as quickly, and returned to Wests.

Question is, a not inconsiderable amount of money was exchanged following this, and no one knows what became of it.

Finally. I must say I was impressed to see KK setting up Wanneroo's grounds and clearing up after the game.

I doubt any other club could claim that sort of commitment from it's most senior and most respected player.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Palmyra played Wanneroo in a scratch match today (all grades) which was interesting. For whatever reason, Wanneroo decided to go uncontested in the scrums in under 18's, under 20's, and First and second grade, which made all games free flowing, but gave no indication as to what might be expected in the competition games.

KK again was an inspirational player for the Dogs in the second grade, and I expect he will be playing in firsts by the start of the season.

While the Dogs had two huge second rowers, it was hard to tell how good they were, with no scrums, and, apparently no one to lift them in the lineouts.

Palmyra had little to write home about, but they were dominant in the line outs, and their first and second grade backs won comfortably over the Dogs.

Today's game gave no secrets away as to how either side will perform in the season, though I must say Pally appear to have more to be comfortable about than Wanneroo, given that about six of their walk in first graders were excused because of state duties on Friday.

A strange story I heard at the game. Apparently, Wests recruited a huge prop from OS who quickly became pissed off with them and went to Wanneroo. As Wests had paid big bucks for him they sought a return of their money from Wanneroo who paid out. The prop however became dissolusioned with Wanneroo just as quickly, and returned to Wests.

Question is, a not inconsiderable amount of money was exchanged following this, and no one knows what became of it.

Finally. I must say I was impressed to see KK setting up Wanneroo's grounds and clearing up after the game.

I doubt any other club could claim that sort of commitment from it's most senior and most respected player.
    that prop did not come back to wests he would of been told to piss off shit player anyway

vCash
    I also heard that a senior manager threatened to resign from Wests if they accepted him back.

Good for him.

Apprentice
    vCash
    your source is one hundred percent correct how do you find out bout this stuff

vCash
    Nose to the wind ...

Player
    vCash
    My mate from rocky said there 1sts smashed kala 45-0 and that big prop they signed has gone walkabout and lower grades were even contests

vCash
    Good to see Rockingham on the way back.

Don't write off Kalamunda though, they have (relatively) deep pockets, and plenty of contacts. Word is they are actively pursuing a Palmyra back, and have made not so subtle overtures to a number of prominent players from other clubs. Their initial investment in imported products has not turned out as well as they'd hoped, so they're desperately casting about.

Don't laugh, this is serious!

vCash
    A Wanneroo player was taken to hospital today with what appeared to be a serious neck injury. He did have movement in his arms and legs, so hopefully he will be ok.

These sort of accidents are gut wrenching for everybody, let alone the injured player, and I'm sure I speak for everyone in wishing him a speedy recovery with no residual consequences.

Player
    vCash
    Serious promblems at kalamunda ,or has rockingham improved a hell of lot from last year I heard Kalamunda were on there ass , they have proven in past they can get top class players to there club but cant keep them .
    p.s Hope the guy from wanneroo is ok we all hate to see or hear about injurys like that.

Player
    vCash
    Watched the game at rocky they still have guys to come into the side who were not available yesterday looked very good all around the park, very mobile forwards and good backs very fast out wide good to see they had big numbers in all grades played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westie man View Post
    your source is one hundred percent correct how do you find out bout this stuff
    Not a tall, (these days thin), kiwi with a cowboy Hat.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Nice to see a local club thread not decending into major shitfight.

vCash
    Give it time, Gerry, give it time.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Not a tall, (these days thin), kiwi with a cowboy Hat.
    just some more on wests prop saga the roodogs coach must be a pretty decent sort of a bloke cos he is extremely embarassed and apolegetic about the theft of the prop that wests bought over apparently it was all the doings of a well known real estate agent who did the thieving unbeknown to anyone else and had also done it earlier on in the season to Soaks .Apparently the alleged thieve justified his actions by saying other clubs had done the same to his club[sounds like a school kid]Don't worry Frank i still have alot of time for wanneroo club and supporters and won't let the actions of one man cloud my judgement just remember who were your biggest supporters when you guys were trying to get back into first grade and one other thing if that player is gonna do this to our club whats he gonna do to yours

Rookie
    vCash
    In relation to Rockingham - the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree - what is more important is what happens off the field - the results soon follow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast