Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Force Thump 'tahs in Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Justification from the bias east coast media.
    Even rugby365, which is from South Africa, says it was a rubbish quality game.

Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I would be interested to see your opinion of "that clean out" by Bam, I personally think Walshy is back on the piss if he thinks there was a problem with it. He bit his tounge for a few phases before the next breakdown when he had a chat and "almost" mistakenly said it was due a yellow

The most intelligent thing Kaff said during the call was that Walshy deserved a "Black Card" for that call, I like the idea of a black card for the refs.
    I was discussing this with my friend "Rick" this morning. He is a very experienced referee and a referee coach.

"Rick" said the ref was allowing Bam to get away with murder all game, and that the one he actually penalised him for was legal.

Bam was off his feet quite a lot during this game, but was allowed to do so by the ref. Consequently he kept doing it. Nothing wrong with that, as I've said before in other fora, particularly when discussing how Richie is not a cheat.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks for that Ecky

So the centre ref is allowing play to continue (albeit boarderline) but in his eyes as being equal on both sides yet the assistant referee (who normally suffers from either blindness or loss of voice, not all them Ecky!) can call a penalty on a legal play and not have it questioned?? See for me this is where a white card should be applied even though that is not part it's inteneded purpose

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    He does like to push the limits like any good 7.

I was just wishing in that last minute that the breakdown would occur somewhere near Poey because you just knew he would be the one to steal the ball or get a penalty and he did it!

Senior Player
    vCash
    How good was our lineout on the weekend, perfect from memory. Hopefully that doesnt change when Sharpie leaves but a lot of the credit has to go to Charles. He must be a chance to get a test match off the bench this year, especially if Moore or TPN get injured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Thanks for that Ecky

So the centre ref is allowing play to continue (albeit boarderline) but in his eyes as being equal on both sides yet the assistant referee (who normally suffers from either blindness or loss of voice, not all them Ecky!) can call a penalty on a legal play and not have it questioned?? See for me this is where a white card should be applied even though that is not part it's inteneded purpose
    Um

What?

The referee will provide specific instructions to the ARs for each game. Typically, a good ref (and Bryce Lawrence ) will instruct the ARs to call obvious things that the ref seems to have missed.

For example, if the ref is concentrating on the breakdown and the backs behind him are offside, the AR should call that to the ref's attention. Or someone using hands in a ruck on the other side to where the ref is positioned. If you see what I mean.

If the AR calls something and the ref is not in a position to overrule it (becasue they didn't see it), then the call will stand.

White card is for a "reportable" incident where no-one saw either what happened or who did it. It is pretty common for there to be some form of dust up in the tangle of bodies left behind after play continues. If, for example, the blue #5 stays behind in that tangle of bodies and then snots the opposition centre, the ensuing melee might just be white carded as both the ref and AR may have moved on to be more interested in play around the ball. So it would then be up to the match review folk to ascertain whether a sanction should come out of the melee. Or the cause of the melee.

It is not is Community Rugby just yet but, so don't get hopes up for clubland.

....although clubbies can cite players, of course. Have been able to do that for years.

vCash
    Some (KQ-defined) natural order is restored in the KQ household, for the week atleast. I can bag the Eagles as a bunch of losers, and the Force as angels from up above delivering a slice of rugby heaven to the faithful.

That said, 8 phase ball with little (points or metreage) to show for it is something that continues to worry particularly when the opposition breaks our defensive line in just 2 or 3 phase ball.

Very impressed with Charles..definitely should be in Wallaby contention if he keeps this up..

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    I'm yet to watch the game with a clear head - I remember the Force winning, but that was about it!
    I've yet to see it at all.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Even rugby365, which is from South Africa, says it was a rubbish quality game.

I was discussing this with my friend "Rick" this morning. He is a very experienced referee and a referee coach.

"Rick" said the ref was allowing Bam to get away with murder all game, and that the one he actually penalised him for was legal.

Bam was off his feet quite a lot during this game, but was allowed to do so by the ref. Consequently he kept doing it. Nothing wrong with that, as I've said before in other fora, particularly when discussing how Richie is not a cheat.
    Tell "Rick" I think he's not too far wrong, but until pisshead Walshie got involved it was pretty even. I cite the Timani pilfer a meter out from their line, he was clearly supporting his weight with his forehead. So ...... In the GIGS economy, as long as it's consistent, I'll whinge, but no foul......I thought Bam was pretty hard done by, since the Tahs tried some good clean outs, which were the equal of that one, but since Bam and Hodgeo were effective, they get penalized? It was a crap call!!

As for a bland, shitty game.....well it wasn't for me!

C'mon the

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    You say pisshead like it's a bad thing?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    How could it be a bland shitty game when around 14,000 Tahs members/fans were crying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    How could it be a bland shitty game when around 14,000 Tahs members/fans were crying
    14,000 - Rugby heartland my arse
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    They love their sport in Sydney too!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Apparently it's because they are so spoiled for spectator sporting choices in Sydney. Maybe they will all be off to see Israel Folau tripping over his size 15 feet while trying to impersonate an AFL player next week. If he's not suspended (as if Demetriou will let that happen).

Personally I think they are just plain old piss poor supporters. Booing your team is inexcusable in my books. I gotta admit I did get a laugh out of seeing it on the spot just a little though.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Your doggies are off to a flyer

Up front there oughta be a man in black
    You'll never see bright colours on my back......

Until things are brighter, I'm the man in black

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast