Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Graham should fall on his sword...for the sake of the franchise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    nice to know you've found God....

[YOUTUBE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79fzeNUqQbQ"]Madonna - Like A Prayer - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by mudskipper; 25-02-12 at 16:27.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Trollolololololololol

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    You fair weathered supporters make me sick.

The bad times and the growing pains make the wins so much more enjoyable.

Rex its time you changed your name to Chicken Little or maybe - the Whinger

A real supporter supports the Force the Whole Force and nothing but the Force. So help me Sharpie
    A 'fairweather supporter' would be the one saying "Hey it's only round one!" Whereas a real supporter can see it's the same shit as last season, and the season before that x5 that is to blame for the loss.

It doesn't matter if it's a close loss, it matters how they lost.

Anyone who is a student of the game knows that was a steaming pile of poo dished up last night on attack, and only a fair weather fan, or someone who has been smoking crack would defend/excuse it.

What's got me more riled up is the other games so far this weekend, compared to them it was a bloody embarrassment and you'd think we were playing in the NPC against Northland or something.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I don't know what all the fuss is about. We are seeing just as many knock on's, break downs, errors and lack of tries in all the other games so far this round.

vCash
    They actually have line breaks as well though.

In the blues/crusaders game they probably had more knockons and real penalties but they were due to actually chucking the ball around and trying to create a line break. Our knock ons came directly from the ruck or stupid hospital passes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    A 'fairweather supporter' would be the one saying "Hey it's only round one!" Whereas a real supporter can see it's the same shit as last season, and the season before that x5 that is to blame for the loss.
    2 things in that

staying positive and supportive is the exact opposite of a fair weather supporter so dunno what you're on about there.

also, the final games of last year when JOC was not playing. there was a HUGE difference within the backline dude. there was promise towards the end of last year. so i am waiting to see if the boys begin to play like that again before i write them off for the season.

as i said this morning, it was only the first round.

darwin touring party - did we perform better this weekend than in the trial?

it's much too early to write the team off already. look at the first 2 games of the red's season last year.
    i'm not saying we're going to come back and win the title. i'm not quite that optimistic. but there is no way you can judge the entire season by what you saw last night.

vCash
    How much for mike harris, he deserves nkt to be behind an 80 minute player like quade
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    2 things in that

staying positive and supportive is the exact opposite of a fair weather supporter so dunno what you're on about there.

also, the final games of last year when JOC was not playing. there was a HUGE difference within the backline dude. there was promise towards the end of last year. so i am waiting to see if the boys begin to play like that again before i write them off for the season.

as i said this morning, it was only the first round.

darwin touring party - did we perform better this weekend than in the trial?

it's much too early to write the team off already. look at the first 2 games of the red's season last year.
    i'm not saying we're going to come back and win the title. i'm not quite that optimistic. but there is no way you can judge the entire season by what you saw last night.
    Last year when they broke out was partly due to Smith, who's gone and also the lack of structure. When you can't make the finals you play a little differently.

As for the fairweather stuff I just mean it's easy to gloss over it.

Again I don't mind that we lost per se, but that we lost the same way we have lost the close ones since the beginning of the universe. I would be happier if they chucked it around and we lost by 30, at least then we'd know Graham was trying to do something with the attack!

Has anyone here played that EA Sports game Rugby 06? I swear Graham is getting his attack patterns from it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    Last year when they broke out was partly due to Smith, who's gone and also the lack of structure. When you can't make the finals you play a little differently.

As for the fairweather stuff I just mean it's easy to gloss over it.

Again I don't mind that we lost per se, but that we lost the same way we have lost the close ones since the beginning of the universe. I would be happier if they chucked it around and we lost by 30, at least then we'd know Graham was trying to do something with the attack!

Has anyone here played that EA Sports game Rugby 06? I swear Graham is getting his attack patterns from it.
    i still think a lot of that started from stannard. he seemed to read the play and direct it a lot better than we'd seen previously last season.

but like i said, time will tell.

vCash
    i thought the brumbies defence was the key... they manned up well and closed down any options our back line had to make space... Yes there were some handling errors late in thegame that cost the team but overall i was happy with the effort they all put in...

just because you play the game doesnt mean youre a "Student" of the game, sometimes the best laid plans can be nullified by the other teams game plan...One things for sure though Graham's gotta come up with something different next week as this ones pretty much sussed.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    The Force have much room for improvement, for the Brumbies - that was as good as it gets...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    i thought the brumbies defence was the key... they manned up well and closed down any options our back line had to make space... .
    Its not that difficult with how narrow we played. There may have been gaps out wide if we created them. We had go-forward ball on a few occasions but kept it tight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The Force have much room for improvement, for the Brumbies - that was as good as it gets...
    That should get a bite.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    to be honest I thought the force played well.... but had that 10 minute lapse as per past few years which lost them the game. I think Stannard must be a pivot only and distribute the ball quickly to his outside backs to do the grunty work. His kicking is not strong maybe when Sheps is back he could play as a kicker in defense? who knows but it's going to be long season if they rely on the forwards and Sheehan to take it up over the adv line.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Fairweather supporter: One who is around while the weather is fair, or in other words the going is good. See "bandwagon". By definition a fair weather supporter would be last heard of bitching and moaning as they disapear over the horizon until things improve. Have a look around Suncorp to see examples.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast