Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Poached Eggs.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Poached Eggs.

Palmyra have embarked on a massive recruiting spree this year, but instead of going to the expense of recruiting from overseas, they have concentrated on locally available talent.

Everything is very hush hush at the moment, and only three or four have been sighted so far at training, but I am reliably informed that two of Nedlands grand final run on team, three from Uni's, and one each from Cottesloe, Wests and Rockingham are signed up, with offers being considered by five aspiring colts from Joondalup. That's all I know of, of course.

Interesting times.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yeah that's all good; but how many AB trialists?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Kala Fan is ripe for poaching.

vCash
    Neddies have the franchise on those, Shasta.

vCash
    I said players, not posers.

vCash
    You have to try something I suppose and using "local players" would be something quite novel for Paly. Good luck and with all the money you save on fees.... can you serve booze this year at the games?

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Nedlands has recruited significant numbers of new players including heaps from other clubs in Perth.

Not sure how Hansie's Grow Our Own Policy has been impacted by this new recruitment initiative. When I say new, it happens every year. I thought every club did it.

Uni had heaps of new faces last year, mainly with irish accents from what I could see.

No-one can beat Cottesloe in the recruiting game - thay have two full squads of new players each recruited off the internet. How they fund it I don't know plus pay for all the Force guys to play for them as well. Whose the sugar daddy at Cott?

Go Neddies.

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvs - between u and me - this is totally consequential or confidential - not sure which is which but u being the lawyer would understand. BUT HUSH HUSH..

Neddies have recruited Andrew Sheridan from England cost us $40,000, Oh and Mike Tindall has been thrown in too. In second row, Ali Williams is coming - he cost $140,000 we have him paired up with Victor, Johnny Wilkinson will be our #10 - so please don't let it be known that we feel a fully imported team, is the way to go.

Congratulations on Pally's recruitment, I understand it was the light - they saw the light(s). I shall arrange a Noddy badge for your support of local talent. I also commend you guys on having 3 or 4 players to your training sessions.

Believe it or not we started our pre-season back in October last year - can never have a long enough pre-season I say.... the problem is...no one has turned up!!!

vCash
    Hansie, spend some real money, and recruit some up and comers, not washed out has beens for little more than small change!

vCash
    FS

May I please have some of your small change - or a little more?

vCash
    I gave at the office, Ecky.

Champion
    vCash
    FS - we don't have any real money.

vCash
    According to your previous posts you're also suffering a shortage of real players!

ps Fulv, you're invoice is in the mail for the transfer fee from Rocko......let's face it, the only way we can keep the club afloat is selling the massive number of highly talented local juniors to you silvertails!

Shame nobody else in Perth is capable of developing their local juniors to the level required to start matches at the Force!

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Shame nobody else in Perth is capable of developing their local juniors to the level required to start matches at the Force!

Question: And which club has half a complement of junior teams and no under 18 or under 20?

Answer: Rockingham

Can't see Rockingham launching any of their under 14's (if they have them) directly into the Force!

Palmyra is traditionally a working mans club - not sure where the silvertails bit comes in. Unless you've been sneaking a look in the showers Gigs.

vCash
    Gigs, you poached our duly appointed second grade coach, Gus Martin, to coach your first grade, what more do you want? Blood?

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast