Thread: Craig Joubert

vCash

Craig Joubert

A mate and I just finished watching the game, and though Joubert was wearing a black shirt....it was nothing unusual, just ridiculously blatant, McCaw spent more time lying on the ball than he did standing up and not one Kiwi forward went through the middle of the ruck, rather they all crabbed around the side.....France, however were called for not rolling away and incorrect entry a couple of times.

Is this just my anybody but the AllBlacks talking?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Could be.

I thought the same though.

McCaw and occasionally the others were constantly lying all over the ball and like to position themselves on the wrong side of the ruck as soon as possible when the ruck goes to ground. You can hardly blame them if they get away with it though. Rather than whinging we should just, where possible, do the same thing. Or bring back rucking. Whatever.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    One rule for ritchie, one rule for the rest......

vCash
    i thought the same thing. Include offside and not bound to the scrum to add extra pressure on yachvilli. Abs also won some dubious scrums penalties.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Agree- one rule for mc Caw one for the rest!. Imagine the Kiwis in Perth rugby next year!

vCash
    It's fairly clear that some of you guys listen to the pathetic Fox commentary and actually believe what they continually dribble about all the time.
    It's like there is not one unpenalised offence committed by any team that plays the All Blacks, especially in Phil Kearns blinded eyes.
    It's all over guys! The All Blacks won a tightly contested game and yes, there was a referee in the middle who reffed it the way he saw it, the same as all the preceeding games in RWC with alledged dubious calls.
    Time to move on.

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah i thought he was ok, there are always things that could be called on the ground. he missed a knock on, but obviously unsighted by any touchy and a possible obstruction by thorn, but thems the game. At least he didn't kill the game, was fairly fair.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Agreed, it could have been a whistle fest if the wrong (a different) ref was out it the middle. I think he had his line in the sand and stuck to it pretty well. Both side got away with a bit here and there, but if that was not the case we would all be complaining about him being to keen with the whistle. A good job in a tough final, well done Craig 8.5/10

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    At least he was better than Barnes.

vCash
    There were a couple of calls which raised my eyebrows:

Parra goes down with a head injury and Joubert lets play continue for a couple of minutes. Cruden goes down with a knee injury and play is stopped immediately.

And when the French hooker was getting treatment, Joubert called for a delayed French line-out and free-kick to New Zealand. I know line-outs don't have to be taken by hookers, but FFS!

I thought that Joubert called the game accurately, but not always evenly. What I mean is that I didn't see him get any calls wrong (except maybe in the scrums) but he seemed keener to punish breakdown infringements when perpetrated by the French than the All Blacks. On one occasion McCaw ended up on the ground on the French side and was obviously trying to grab the ball. Joubert went up to him and spoke to him; presumably to tell him either to stop it or to roll away. The French didn't get warnings like that, they just got penalised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    On one occasion McCaw ended up on the ground on the French side and was obviously trying to grab the ball. Joubert went up to him and spoke to him; presumably to tell him either to stop it or to roll away. The French didn't get warnings like that, they just got penalised.
    That was incredible in itself - pulled his hands out then in again - Joubert walked about 5 meters to yell in his ear. It was in a kickable position too IIRC. As was another incident about three minutes from time. Three kiwis all on the French sisde of a ruck on their feet but making no attempt to get out of the way. Nothing.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Yep, that was my opinion......I wouldn't have said anything if the French had been allowed to commit bloody murder on the floor as well, but Dusatoir got the same treatment as Pocock the week before.

I asked a couple of Kiwis if they're concerned ABOIT the perception that this win was tainted.........they weren't

C'mon the

vCash
    [YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

I thought Joubert did a good job in the semi but NZ were pretty clean as they werent under much pressure from Australia. When the kiwis were under the pump against france all the usual tactics came out and were allowed to get away with murder at the breakdown.
    There was a scrum penalty awarded to NZ when clearly Franks had slipped and was on his knees and the french loosehead was still in good form until the NZ flanker bored in and forced a collapse. So many odd calls or no calls in my opinion but its nothing we havent seen from the kiwis before.
    At about 25 seconds Joubert awarded NZ a penalty shot for exactly the same offside infringement but didnt award the french for that incident which was more blatant.
    Too many to list. NZ didnt deserve to win that game.

vCash
    The kiwis are cheating farkers but they get away with it becase they cheat in numbers. When 3-4 of them come through the side of the ruck at the same time in tandem, it seems that they are blowing over the ruck. The key to the deception is numbers.

The kiwis are the best in the world at the counter ruck. They are aggressive and physical at the tackle contest. They cheat like sin but do it in numbers. When one bloke cheats, he gets pinged. When half the pack arrive at the same time, it looks fair. You have to award credit for having numbers arrive quicker than the opposition.

Referees are gimps. They will get it wrong most of the time. You just have to deal with it

The other problem is that the referee can't speak French. The captain can wave his arms around and dribble francais expletives and kiss his team mates and roll his eyes to the heavens as much as he wants. Until the belters learn English, they can learn to accept it.

Yes, I have asked for directions in Paris. Fark the French..........the rudest people on earth

Controversy corner