Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quade Cooper to go to league?

vCash

Quade Cooper to go to league?

Do you think after Coopers miserable World Cup and the volume of adverse press directed his way, this may make his decision to switch to league easier? He almost went to league last year didn't he and he's out of contract end 2012. I'd hate to see his talents wasted in league.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Pat McCabe should look at league, all he does is crash the ball up, well suited I would have thought.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I read an article today saying that his RWC performance has damaged his chances of getting the big bucks in mungo land, It said before the World Cup he could expect about 700k per year and now would be lucky to get 300k. So who knows what will happen.

Last edited by GAFFA; 18-10-11 at 15:35.

vCash
    Cooper will stay in Rugby regardless of how much the NRL salary cap goes up.

He is just using the NRL to scab more money out of the ARU.

Maybe Quade should look at AFL where tackling is not important and it is not as costly if he kicks the ball out on the full

vCash
    Cooper will stay
    If we'd won the world cup, there would have been nothing left for him to win.........super 15, Trinations, Bill

Unfinished business. He knows he was poor and the ledger has to be squared

Controversy corner

vCash
    Cooper won't be going any were. He isnt good enough to play at the top level.
    He doesn't have the brains or the bottle and the sooner the ARU admit it the better for Au rugby!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    NRL clubs tell Quade Cooper not to demand big money after his poor showing at Rugby World Cup
    by: Dean Ritchie From: The Daily Telegraph October 18, 2011 12:00AM

NRL clubs have sent a straightforward message to under-performing Wallabies five-eighth Quade Cooper - don't even think about demanding big money.

The Daily Telegraph was told that Cooper could now expect offers between $250,000 to $300,000 a season from NRL clubs - not the $700,000 a season he demanded earlier this year.

That means Cooper's run of poor form at the Rugby World Cup could cost him nearly $1.4 million if he entertained a rugby league career over three years.

Cooper, 23, has one more year with the Queensland Reds before throwing himself open to NRL offers. But there appears to be little or no interest from rugby league.

Horror back-to-back performances in the World Cup quarter-final against South Africa and against the All Blacks on Sunday have sent Cooper's stocks plummeting. In those two matches combined, Cooper failed to make a line-break, missed five of 16 tackles, committed seven errors and ran for a modest 32m a game.

"He wouldn't get $700,000 a year in league now. Maybe he's worth $250,000 to $300,000," one of rugby league's top player managers said last night.

"Look, he is a rugby league player. He has that Benji Marshall-like instinct and rugby union is too structured for him. But no one would be queueing up to sign him.

"Look at someone like Daly Cherry-Evans. He is on about $130,000 a year and is now a Test player. Rugby league can produce its own without signing a rugby union convert with questionable skills for $700,000."

Cooper's plunging value is also a slap in the face for his agent Khoder Nasser, who prides himself on being able to command top dollar for his clients, who include Sonny Bill Williams and Anthony Mundine.

The Daily Telegraph contacted several NRL clubs yesterday and each dismissed a desire to sign Cooper."No doubt he can play but whether he would be a success at the highest level in rugby league remains to be seen," Canterbury CEO Todd Greenberg said.

Canberra coach David Furner said: "No, we wouldn't be interested."

One club linked to Cooper has been the Sydney Roosters. There have been on-going suggestions the Roosters may sign Williams for next season and then Cooper in 2013.

But not so, according to Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce.

"He (Cooper) is not in our plans," Noyce said.

"The Roosters seem to get linked to anyone and everyone. It is a tall tale. We weren't interested leading into the World Cup."

Just last week, Eels chief executive Paul Osborne expressed relief his club narrowly missed out on signing Cooper earlier this year.

"I'm glad we didn't sign him after watching him last weekend," Osborne said.

vCash

Copper might make toyota cup

Cooper would have to do a yr at toyota cup b4 he could ask any money from the NRL and then I dont think he would make the grade tomany stars comming thru the toyota cup now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Pat McCabe should look at league, all he does is crash the ball up, well suited I would have thought.
    McCabe did the job he was asked to do by his coach... Australia needs more flyhalves... lets hope the super provinces create more options... Deans left one out AKA Giteau and didn't use the other Barnes... the Rebels didn't have an aussie and the force played a utility back JOC at flyhalf...

Last edited by mudskipper; 18-10-11 at 18:45.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Said it before, will say it again, I'd be really interested to see what Shepherd could offer at 12. We are playing McCabe and Faingaa because they carry the ball hard, but neither pass at all. Shepherd seems to have lost that yard of pace you need as a back three player, but is a big unit that can be both elusive and difficult to stop. On top of that he can and does pass the ball, and he has a booming kick. Ignoring the Wallabies though, the likely Force backline looks a little bit crashball to me. Our 10s are not bad, but they are distributors and we perhaps need a spark of flair that can create something out of nothing.

As for Cooper, he now has a problem...he is going to have high balls raining down on him all of next year. I would hope they will have our 9/10 practicing hard with our Fijian winger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Said it before, will say it again, I'd be really interested to see what Shepherd could offer at 12. We are playing McCabe and Faingaa because they carry the ball hard, but neither pass at all. Shepherd seems to have lost that yard of pace you need as a back three player, but is a big unit that can be both elusive and difficult to stop. On top of that he can and does pass the ball, and he has a booming kick. Ignoring the Wallabies though, the likely Force backline looks a little bit crashball to me. Our 10s are not bad, but they are distributors and we perhaps need a spark of flair that can create something out of nothing.
    Shep didn't make the 40?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Nope, didn't do enough as an outside back. Maybe time to look at re-inventing himself...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    McCabe did the job he was asked to do by his coach...
    IIRC, McCabe played mostly wing or fullback for the ponies, before moving to inside centre for last 2? s15 games
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Australia needs more flyhalves... lets hope the super provinces create more options... Deans left one out AKA Giteau and didn't use the other Barnes... the Rebels didn't have an aussie and the force played a utility back JOC at flyhalf...

no, Australia needs heavier backs.
    and a front row that can overpower the opposition on a regular basis
    and more players with the balls to say "stuff this game plan, it's not working, lets try something else"

we need a centre combination that a puff of wind wouldnt push over.

we need to kick the ball into touch if we are going to put it down the ground.
    we need hookers who can throw straight 95% of the time (yes tatafu, i mean you)
    we need a scrumhalf who has more imagination than a box kick

also - gits isnt a flyhalf. he just thinks he is one. he IS however an ungrateful and irresponsible, loudmouthed bitch

vCash
    McCabe did the job he was asked to do by his coach...
    Pat McCabe obviously grew up with no friends because he does not pass the ball. Ever.

That penalty he gave early in the second half with the AB's short wide was criminal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast