Thread: University Assignment Survey on Holiday destinations and wine

vCash

University Assignment Survey on Holiday destinations and wine

Hey everyone,

I have to get this interview completed by 10 members of the public via electronic word-of-mouth. The topic relates to how electronic word-of-mouth influences consumers' evaluation and decision making. Our topic is wine and holiday destinations so I thought as this is an online community of people that are likely to drink wine etc it would be a good place to post it. If you could please respond under each questions in another colour font it would be very much appreciated. The survey should not take too long at alll. If you would prefer to respond in private just PM me your answers.

Thanks in advance.

How electronic word-of-mouth platforms influence the evaluation and decision making of consumers in relation to travel destinations and wine:
    Holiday Destinations:

1) Where was the last place you went on holiday?

2) Did something you read on the internet influence your decision to go there?
    a. (if yes) What did it say? Why did this influence you?
    b. (if no) Did you make your decision based on friends’/family recommendations or the travel agency?
    i. Would you use internet reviews in the future? Why?

3) When you got back from your holiday, did you post anything on the internet (Facebook, blogs or forums)?
    a. (if yes) What did you say? Why did you say it?
    b. (if yes) Which platform did you post on? Why did you choose this platform?
    c. (if no) Would you in future? Why?

4) Roughly to what extent did the online review affect/influence your decision to travel?

5) Do you know anyone that has gone to the destination you went to after you? Did you influence their decision?

6) If you really enjoyed a holiday, and someone was unsure whether or not to go, what would you say to persuade them?
    a. Would you use online reviews to support your opinion?

Wine:
    1) Roughly how often do you drink wine?

2) What type of wine (red, white, sparkling etc) do you drink the most? Why?

3) Have you ever tried a new wine after reading something on the internet?
    b. (if yes) How much weighting did you give the comment in your purchase decision?
    c. (if yes) Did you read more than one review?
    i. (if yes) Were there more positive than negative reviews?
    d. (if no) If you read a good review would you be more inclined to buy it? Why?

4) Has anything you have read on the internet made you steer away from a type of wine? Elaborate.

5) After having a really good bottle of wine have you ever recommended it online?
    b. (if yes) What platform did you use? Why?
    c. (if no) Would you in the future?

6) Have any of your friends come back and told you that they tried a wine after your recommendation?
    a. (if yes) What did they say about it?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Every forwards dream is to become a back...

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    For what it's worth:

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    How electronic word-of-mouth platforms influence the evaluation and decision making of consumers in relation to travel destinations and wine:
    Holiday Destinations:

1) Where was the last place you went on holiday? Western Australia

2) Did something you read on the internet influence your decision to go there? No
    b. (if no) Did you make your decision based on friends’/family recommendations or the travel agency? Friends Recommendation
    i. Would you use internet reviews in the future? Yes Why? Because of the volume of information available and the ease to retreive and filter it

3) When you got back from your holiday, did you post anything on the internet (Facebook, blogs or forums)? No
    c. (if no) Would you in future? Yes Why? To share the experience with others and add to the collective information 'out there'

4) Roughly to what extent did the online review affect/influence your decision to travel? Not at all in this instance, but credible online reviews would have signficant affect if I used them

5) Do you know anyone that has gone to the destination you went to after you? Did you influence their decision? No, No

6) If you really enjoyed a holiday, and someone was unsure whether or not to go, what would you say to persuade them? I'd tell them to go and decribe my experience of the destination
    a. Would you use online reviews to support your opinion? Perhaps

Wine:
    1) Roughly how often do you drink wine? Occaisionally

2) What type of wine (red, white, sparkling etc) do you drink the most? White Why? Cause I usually use white in cooking, and this is when I usually drink it

3) Have you ever tried a new wine after reading something on the internet? Yes
    a. (if yes) What did it say? Described the wine and advertised the price Why did this influence you? Price mostly
    b. (if yes) How much weighting did you give the comment in your purchase decision? 50%
    c. (if yes) Did you read more than one review? No
    i. (if yes) Were there more positive than negative reviews? -
    d. (if no) If you read a good review would you be more inclined to buy it? Yes Why? Assuming the review is independant, if it says the wine is good and I have no reason to not believe it I'd feel I was going with a known product

4) Has anything you have read on the internet made you steer away from a type of wine? Elaborate. Yes When looking for some economical wine, a comment suggested it tasted like cockies piss. I did not wnt cocky piss tasting wine and so didn;t look at that maker again.

5) After having a really good bottle of wine have you ever recommended it online? No
    a. (if yes) What did you say? Why did you say it? -
    b. (if yes) What platform did you use? Why? -
    c. (if no) Would you in the future? Yes

6) Have any of your friends come back and told you that they tried a wine after your recommendation? Yes
    a. (if yes) What did they say about it? That it was a good buy

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    When answering a question "Roughly" should I do it with a deeper voice?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Also FWIW:
    --- Yallingup/Margaret River
    Tripadvisor reviews of the accommodation.

b. (if no) Did you make your decision based on friends’/family recommendations or the travel agency?
    i. Would you use internet reviews in the future? Why?
    Yes, because it’s an indicator of experiences and the expectations which gave rise to those experiences and perceptions.

3) When you got back from your holiday, did you post anything on the internet (Facebook, blogs or forums)?
    Usually I’m too busy unpacking/heading straight back to work/have nothing new to add/sobering up.

4) Roughly to what extent did the online review affect/influence your decision to travel?
    It was worth about 25% of our decision.

5) Do you know anyone that has gone to the destination you went to after you? Did you influence their decision?
    No.

6) If you really enjoyed a holiday, and someone was unsure whether or not to go, what would you say to persuade them?
    I’d just tell them what we experienced and what we did there.

a. Would you use online reviews to support your opinion?
    Yes.

Wine:
    1) Roughly how often do you drink wine?
    Once a week.

2) What type of wine (red, white, sparkling etc) do you drink the most? Why?
    All types. No reason, I just like all types!

No.
    b. (if yes) How much weighting did you give the comment in your purchase decision?
    Yes, if it was available, if it was something I was already thinking of trying.

4) Has anything you have read on the internet made you steer away from a type of wine? Elaborate.
    Yes – the prices of Californian wine. They’re generally incredibly over-priced.

5) After having a really good bottle of wine have you ever recommended it online?
    Probably not, as I don’t think my opinion would hold much weight on sites which seem “exclusive”.

6) Have any of your friends come back and told you that they tried a wine after your recommendation?
    Yes, and they really liked it (Pierro chardonnay… so there was a really high chance of them liking it!)

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Thanks guys- except Exile

A few more would be appreciated!

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Holiday Destinations:

Smelbourne
    2) Did something you read on the internet influence your decision to go there? Yes
    a. (if yes) What did it say? Why did this influence you? Innforcers tour to Rebels territory. Because I could go and wanted to.
    i. Would you use internet reviews in the future? Why? Yes. Great to know other peoples experiences about things

a. (if yes) What did you say? Why did you say it? Yes. Stuff like "Woohoo! Go you ", etc
    b. (if yes) Which platform did you post on? Why did you choose this platform? PC-based internet access machine. Because it is what I have.

4) Roughly to what extent did the online review affect/influence your decision to travel? No influence. Decision based on cost, timing, desire to go.

5) Do you know anyone that has gone to the destination you went to after you? Did you influence their decision? Yes, but they are GayFL supporters. No influence from me.

6) If you really enjoyed a holiday, and someone was unsure whether or not to go, what would you say to persuade them? I would ask what they want to get ut of the holiday and advise about my experiences.
    a. Would you use online reviews to support your opinion? No

Wine:
    1) Roughly how often do you drink wine? Occasionally

2) What type of wine (red, white, sparkling etc) do you drink the most? Why? Red mostly. Because, although I like white wine, most of the available product is something I dislike immensely

3) Have you ever tried a new wine after reading something on the internet? I don't believe so
    d. (if no) If you read a good review would you be more inclined to buy it? Why? Not necessarily. I try to have my own thoughts about things

4) Has anything you have read on the internet made you steer away from a type of wine? Elaborate. No

5) After having a really good bottle of wine have you ever recommended it online? No
    c. (if no) Would you in the future? Possibly

6) Have any of your friends come back and told you that they tried a wine after your recommendation? No

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Response below:
    Hey everyone,

I have to get this interview completed by 10 members of the public via electronic word-of-mouth. The topic relates to how electronic word-of-mouth influences consumers' evaluation and decision making. Our topic is wine and holiday destinations so I thought as this is an online community of people that are likely to drink wine etc it would be a good place to post it. If you could please respond under each questions in another colour font it would be very much appreciated. The survey should not take too long at alll. If you would prefer to respond in private just PM me your answers.

Thanks in advance.

Holiday Destinations:

1) Where was the last place you went on holiday? Bali

b. (if no) Did you make your decision based on friends’/family recommendations or the travel agency? No, I went for a mate's wedding, although another friend refused to travel on the same flight as I'd booked Garuda!
    i. Would you use internet reviews in the future? Why? Possibly, although only once I'd decided on where I'm going.

c. (if no) Would you in future? Why?Probably not, because I'm a technical Luddite!

4) Roughly to what extent did the online review affect/influence your decision to travel? N/A

5) Do you know anyone that has gone to the destination you went to after you? Did you influence their decision? No

a. Would you use online reviews to support your opinion? I'd talk to them, not use the t'internet!

Wine:
    1) Roughly how often do you drink wine? Every 2-3 weeks

2) What type of wine (red, white, sparkling etc) do you drink the most? Why? Don't like sparkling, otherwise whatever's open or available

d. (if no) If you read a good review would you be more inclined to buy it? Why? Probably not - why would a review on the internet know what I'm looking for in a wine?

4) Has anything you have read on the internet made you steer away from a type of wine? Elaborate. No

c. (if no) Would you in the future? Probably not, again, I'm a technical Luddite.

a. (if yes) What did they say about it?Thanked me for my recommendation, but it wasn't on t'internet

vCash
    Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Holiday Destinations:

1) Where was the last place you went on holiday?[FONT="Arial Black"]Melbourne
    2) Did something you read on the internet influence your decision to go there?No
    b. (if no) Did you make your decision based on friends’/family recommendations or the travel agency? Innforcers Tour based on passion, cost and company.
    i. Would you use internet reviews in the future? Why? Possibly, to ascertain others views abiut hotels,tours and the like.

3) When you got back from your holiday, did you post anything on the internet (Facebook, blogs or forums)?No
    c. (if no) Would you in future? Why? Possibly. To advise of my experiences whether good or bad.

5) Do you know anyone that has gone to the destination you went to after you? Did you influence their decision? Yes and no I did not influence them.

6) If you really enjoyed a holiday, and someone was unsure whether or not to go, what would you say to persuade them? Go and do your own thing. Enjoy as you are not on this mortal coil for long.
    a. Would you use online reviews to support your opinion? Possibly Travel advisor as it is pretty welll up to date

Wine:
    1) Roughly how often do you drink wine? once or twice a week.

2) What type of wine (red, white, sparkling etc) do you drink the most? Why?Mainly red and the occasional white. I enjoy red more.

3) Have you ever tried a new wine after reading something on the internet? Yes
    a. (if yes) What did it say? Why did this influence you? cant remember but it was about a new outlet in the Margaret River region.
    b. (if yes) How much weighting did you give the comment in your purchase decision? None
    c. (if yes) Did you read more than one review? There were no other reviews

a. (if yes) What did you say? Why did you say it? Yes..I said it was a really good drop for its age and I enjoyed the bottle I had.
    b. (if yes) What platform did you use? Why?Facebook as I was telling my nephew about it.
    c. (if no) Would you in the future? Possibly

6) Have any of your friends come back and told you that they tried a wine after your recommendation?Yes
    One said all my taste was in my butt ans another said they enjoyed it imensley.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    ......QUOTE=Shaun;297079]Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Holiday Destinations:

1) Where was the last place you went on holiday?NZ

2) Did something you read on the internet influence your decision to go there?No
    b. (if no) Did you make your decision based on friends’/family recommendations or the travel agency? Come on its the RWC
    i. Would you use internet reviews in the future? Why?Yes but word of mouth is better

3) When you got back from your holiday, did you post anything on the internet (Facebook, blogs or forums)?Like now?
    a. (if yes) What did you say? Why did you say it?your reading it or see my thread
    b. (if yes) Which platform did you post on? Why did you choose this platform TWF
    c. (if no) Would you in future? Why?of courseiits TWF

4) Roughly to what extent did the online review affect/influence your decision to travel? Nil

5) Do you know anyone that has gone to the destination you went to after you? Did you influence their decision? Yes, eley n sc

6) If you really enjoyed a holiday, and someone was unsure whether or not to go, what would you say to persuade them?great pubs
    a. Would you use online reviews to support your opinion? No

Wine:
    1) Roughly how often do you drink wine? Couple a month

2) What type of wine (red, white, sparkling etc) do you drink the most? Why? Reds blends, that's what the palate likes

3) Have you ever tried a new wine after reading something on the internet?no
    a. (if yes) What did it say? Why did this influence you? Nil
    b. (if yes) How much weighting did you give the comment in your purchase decision? None
    c. (if yes) Did you read more than one review?no
    i. (if yes) Were there more positive than negative reviews? Na
    d. (if no) If you read a good review would you be more inclined to buy it? Why?na

6) Have any of your friends come back and told you that they tried a wine after your recommendation?yes
    a. (if yes) What did they say about it? Liked[/QUOTE]

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!