Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestions to management

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    MaFood is responsible for what goes in his mouth

That isn't coaching

That is mindset

The bloke is a fat slug. He has the mobility of a great grandma. He can't scrum to save himself.

Dead set
    I understand what you're saying Rex, but I said the same thing about Dunning while he was at the Tahs.....he earned my respect while he was at the Force though. Slimmed down, more useful around the park and pretty solid at scrum time.......not the superstar he was built up into at the Tahs, but still a great Super rugby prop!

I'm not sure how Ma'afu will go without Matty Tink cracking the whip though!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Sorry but Maafu and the new kid Manu are just big old school props. They will hold up one end of a scrum but give very little elsewhere with the former statement being quite kind. Maafu is a waster and the butt of many cheesburger jokes whilst Manu whilst starting for the Aus U20s had far less impact than both PAE and Saliva both of whom we have let go.... cant quite figure this out.

However - lets see how they look after a tough pre season.... I hope that they can live up to their "Potential"... not convinced though

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Disagree on Ma'afu. Graham will make sure he is fit enough to contribute around the field. Otherwise I would be more than happy to have Longbottom in there at 3.

We didn't let Siliva and PAE go. We couldn't offer either of them a full squad contract as it would displace more experienced and Super rugby ready players. End of.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I understand what you're saying Rex, but I said the same thing about Dunning while he was at the Tahs.....he earned my respect while he was at the Force though. Slimmed down, more useful around the park and pretty solid at scrum time.......not the superstar he was built up into at the Tahs, but still a great Super rugby prop!

I'm not sure how Ma'afu will go without Matty Tink cracking the whip though!
    MaFood is more over rated than Giteau

That is no small achievement

he is as athletic as a spastic 3 toed sloth on downers

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    We didn't let Siliva and PAE go. We couldn't offer either of them a full squad contract as it would displace more experienced and Super rugby ready players. End of.
    Please let me know who were the more experienced players? who is the third hooker? Who are the current props (Pek and Kbomb) excluded but who else? Faulkner??

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Charles and Whittaker are the more experienced hookers. You can't really carry 3 hookers in a 30 man squad (but you can keep one in the 5 man EPS) and even if you could, why would Siliva Siliva stay at the Force and wait on an injury to the other two before he gets to play when he can be second in line behind Moore. Besides, he is carrying a pretty serious injury (shoulder I think) and needs surgery. We have a hooker in the Australian Schoolboys this year, it'd be great to try to hold onto Charles and Whittaker and ease the other guy through.

The current props are Ma'afu and Longbottom as THs and Cowan and Faulkner as LHs. Again, hard to carry more than 4 props in a 30 man squad and Melbourne are offering him one of those. If we held on to him, he would hardly play in the next year or two and would only end up signing with someone else 2 years down the track anyway.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure K-Bomb has played both sides, which would make him the best choice as a starter, probably with Cowan would be my guess. I suppose that'd put Ma'afu on the bench, but that might bruise a bit od Wallaby ego!

C'mon the

vCash
    Any word on what happened to Cruze?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm pretty sure K-Bomb has played both sides, which would make him the best choice as a starter, probably with Cowan would be my guess. I suppose that'd put Ma'afu on the bench, but that might bruise a bit od Wallaby ego!
    If Ma'afu sorts himself out, then more probably him and Cowan starting with K-Bomb as the sub. Both K-Bomb and Pek have played both sides, so you've got sufficient cover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Any word on what happened to Cruze?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last I heard was that he did not perform on the Samoan tour so he has been let go. I think that he is heading to Sydney to play Shute Shield and try his luck there. Sad that the Force do not think that he has the ability anymore...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    If Ma'afu sorts himself out, then more probably him and Cowan starting with K-Bomb as the sub. Both K-Bomb and Pek have played both sides, so you've got sufficient cover.
    I wasn't banking on Ma'fu sorting himself out in time. He's a bit of a doughnut right now and some pine-time would be just the medicine to make him work off 30 of those excess kilos

C'mon the

vCash
    Buy a scrum machine and the best forwards coach we can get and make our forwards the meanest toughest SOB in the league.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2