Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: WE Need another Captain SACK Elsom

vCash

WE Need another Captain SACK Elsom

Sack Elsom he is not the man the lead by example, He spent to much time away from the game and his try should have been a wingers try not his he was lazin out there WE have some good leaders Genia Sharpe horwill I don thin,k the players have the respect for Elsom. He is abit like gits I love me

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So true. He never crossed the advantage line, always from a standing start. The one time he actually did anything useful was when he was completely out of position...shouldnt have been his try. Genia or Pocock has my vote

vCash
    tonight, Elsom looked slow but Pocock was ineffective, don’t start bang’n the Bam Bam for Wallabies captain train because he isn’t proven at international level especially as a leader yet… Higginbotham should start at 6... poor performance by the Wallabies... Genia didn't run and challenge the line and Cooper played like a schoolboy again... The Wallabies couldn't cross the line once again on numerous occasions on the All Blacks line.

Last edited by mudskipper; 06-08-11 at 20:06.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

Muddy, we aren't banging the Bam bam for captain train ...yet. We are aiming for Sharpie for Captain!

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    yesterdays man... Genia is the next captain...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Elsom is a gimp and isn't worthy of doing up Pocock's bootstraps as a leader.
    Pocock may not have done much official leading but he is already a recognised leader of men and when you actually go to matches you see how much leadership he brings to the park.
    The sooner Elsom joins Giteau the sooner we may have a chance of being competitive next month.

Next week:

1. Kepu
    2. Moore
    3. Alexander
    4. Horwill
    5. Sharpe (C)
    6. McCalman
    7. Pocock (VC)
    8. Higginbotham

9. Genia
    10. Cooper (KICKER!!!)
    11. Ioane
    12. McCabe
    13. Ashley-Cooper
    14. Turner
    15. Beale

16. Where the hell is TPN!?
    17. Cowan
    18. Vickerman
    19. Hodgson
    20. Burgess
    21. O'Connor
    22. Faingaa

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    I asked Sharpie why he wasn't capatin of the wallabies at the last TWF awards night and he replied that "you have to support Rocky" I was a bit dissappointed in his response but understand (not really) where he is coming from, he can't agree that yes he should be captain over the current one, that would be a bit up oneself wouldn't it. Anyway isn't Rocky too slow to be a flanker?

Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/

vCash
    I think gits should be in the 22. Maybe not starting but as a bench player certainly just because he allows for a full backline reshuffle when he comes on. He cab be part of the plan B that we were so clearly lacking this evening

Just a look at our restarts proves we are completely one dimensional. The kickoff tact clearly waant working and yet quade persisted with it.

Lack of leadership to tell him to change it up. And lack of a plan b.

Not calling for bob's job to go yet - but something's gotta change, and change yesterday!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I would have him there for the RWC Jono, but not next week, they need to sort some shit out quick smart and need to do it without him distracting things.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Not calling for bob's job to go yet - but something's gotta change, and change yesterday!
    No sir, I'm making that call. The SECOND Link's contract at the Reds is finished the ARU had better snap him up for the top job here, because I think the change needed is something that bloody big.

Cooper was a load of dog tripe. That pass backwards over his own tryline with 3 All Blacks bearing down on him, my vision spectrum turned red. I was so furious. WHERE DOES HE GET OFF. You die with the ball on your own try line. You don't flick passes back to your un-expecting teammate to knock over the dead ball. He shouldn't play against South Africa next weekend, or even the World Cup if he thinks that cocky, idiotic sort of thing is acceptable in a bloody test match.

It was a bunch of overconfident, cocky, precocious kids who were taught a thing or two about respect, the All Blacks and Eden Park hoodoo. And I'm seriously disappointed. Playing like we did tonight, it can hardly be considered a preview for the final, we won't even get close. Specially not with that twat 'leading' them round the park. What a waste of space.

Elsom's try could be considered a make-up for the one he butchered in the first half (ish) due to his fat lazy arse seagulling out on the wing jogging towards the tryline, instead of Digby and his speedy boots. Did he get in even one ruck during the game? Go back to Ireland.

MORE NATHAN SHARPE!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    I don't need to comment as it has been said by RobynI could not agree more, Elsom was so slow even I could probably beat him with my two dodgy knees. Time for Deans to shape this team up, get some serious wins on the board or pee off and give the role to Ewen McKenzie.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think today's match was symptomatic of a larger problem in Australian Rugby.
    For too long now we have relied on the Giteau style of "million dollar play" to score our points. It is all about sleight of hand and "Benji Marshall footwork". It had its time in the sun for Cooper, Beale, O'Connor et al in the last 18 months but it is over. The best Rugby we have seen in recent times has come from McCabe and Higginbotham hitting the ball at pace and putting themselves in harms way, not playing touch Rugby 3/4 pace "try and get around five players with a half pike and back flip".
    Rugby in its purest form really is a very simple code. Australia has spent the last ten years trying it hardest to make it complicated. Get the pill, keep the pill, hit the pass at pace with conviction and don't lose it at the breakdown.
    And as for this retarded mentality that sees a team on the front foot kicking from 60 on the angle at 17-0 to try and accumulate points, you have to be fucking kidding me. What are the outcomes? 17-3, oh terrific, now we have them scared...or...17-0 and the are running it back at us and suddenly we are back in our own 22... Boot the bastard into the corner, win the ball that you have been controlling for the last five minutes and threaten their damn try line! NZ couldn't give a rats arse if we take pop-gun shots for 3 points, they must rub their hands together every time we start a match with that mind set of "accumulation". We aren't going to beat them without scoring tries, the best way to score tries is to have the ball and be somewhere remotely near the opposition try line...oh no, that's right, we rely on getting our tries with fancy foot work from sixty out now don't we...
    Harden the fuck up Australia and start playing Rugby, you are an embarrassment.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Still not a fan of McCabe at 12. At times the lines he was running were confusing which maybe due to his lack of understanding playing around digby and Quade. makes more sense to have Annthony faingaa there.Still mccabe was one of the few with decent hit ups. We are lacking some serious punch with ball in hand. Ben Mcalman, horwill, simmons, elsom often got stopped dead in their tracks or was smashed backwards. Missed Sharpies hit ups around the fringes and higgenbotham made a big difference. Moore started off well. Pretty much agree with all thats been said about elsom. Defensively they looked disorganized and too many forwards shirking their duties. AB's 1 to 8 smashed the rucks, and made all the hits and tackles.
    Forget JOC's kicking but on numerous occasions early he was once again caught out of position. The AB's are on to this and are targetting his channel and he cost us quite a few tries last year on the wing. he even said so himself in the biuld up to the game when he admitted a turning point try last year was on his channel. He was lucky Corey Jane wasnt opposite him or else there would have been more points scored. His best position is fullback or 12 but debatable whether so in this team. James O'Connor rugby brand taken a bid a dive on the markets I reckon. Turner needed to come on earlier.
    Quade Cooper was dreadful but he can be brilliant next game. It was no secret the way to shut him and genia down was to dominate up front and the AB's did.

vCash
    There is no "I" in team, but there is "LOSER" in Rocky Elsom

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterBoy View Post
    I asked Sharpie why he wasn't capatin of the wallabies at the last TWF awards night and he replied that "you have to support Rocky" I was a bit dissappointed in his response but understand (not really) where he is coming from, he can't agree that yes he should be captain over the current one, that would be a bit up oneself wouldn't it. Anyway isn't Rocky too slow to be a flanker?
    Reckon that's a prime example of the Sharpie's class and further proof why he should be the man leading the Wallabies.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast