Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: WE Need another Captain SACK Elsom

vCash
    Without wanting to offend the patrons, Mccalman isn't up to the standard of tests against the Blacks and a full strength RSA or England. He's a good player and would do a good job against countries outside the BIG 5

The difference in the test was the backrow. Theirs was outstanding, ours was toilet.

Kaino made several advances over the ad line and put plenty of "hurt" into the defence

Maybelline Nonu was allowed to run at will by McCabe. Nonu cut us to ribbons. Mccabe did nought in D and was barely noticed with ball in hand. When he got it he was buried behind the advantage line as McCaw, Kaino and that other belter spolied/slowed/stole our ball or forced a mistake-a-thon.

Mccabe needs to get axed.

Simmons doesn't bring the required physicality to an allblack test.

Elsom is luggage. The team carries him. He's not good enough anymore. Good bloke so nothing personal, he just doesn't bring enough hurt, pain or go forward. If we wanted someone to stand in the backline and run sideways, we'd pick Giteau

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Champion
    vCash
    Deans and Rocky are budues from way back.. no way Rocky will be dropped (he losted his speed and aggression around the paddock) sorry Aust rugby get it sorted quick otherwise u wont make the semis at the RWC

vCash
    everyone at the ARU seems to think rocky will 'recapture the form' that he had when he was up north.

even though it's not the same game down here.
    he's not necessarily going to be as good as he WAS.
    and he isnt. fuck him off and get this shit sorted out!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    such foul language from such sweet lips,Jono

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Rocky Elsom is a suitcase
    Posted via Mobile Device

but suitcases are useful!

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    In no way an endorsement of Elsom as captain, he will get a lot better as a player before the World Cup and we should cut him just a bit of slack. His three games have been awful but then again thats really the only three games he's played in 6 months. No pre-season games just straight into test match rugby against a Samoan team breathing hellfire and an away match at Eden Park against a rampant All Blacks side. Sure on form he shouldn't be there, but he won't get the chance to play his way back into form without being there.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    ..........so pick someone already in form and bid a fond adieu to an excellent servant of Australian rugby.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sorry James, but he has been shit for nearly two years now.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Ah..what a win. Many non/poor performers in the Wallabies..infact, it was a shocking performace. Giteau couldn't have done any worse. In the backs, my top pick was the full back..Beale. Looked for work, attacked as much as he could but supporting cast was poopoo.

Ah, the media had it that Quade was right up there with Carter..well, he's not. He might have his brilliant moments but he's really a show pony. Think he took the ball once (okay, maybe twice) into a tackle and even then it was with reluctance. A flyhalf at the end of the day is a rugby player and the basics apply even to him - if the pass is not on..tuck the ball in and hit that line hard. Quade is an excitement machine when the going is good, but he's behind the skirt when things are tough. And that's in attack play..the gulf in defence is even worse. I hope Quade has the balls to watch a replay of the game in a quite corner and compare his performance to Carter's, it might inspire him to greater things. In Carter's game there is a passion for Rugby..I don't get that from Quade.

Last edited by KenyaQuin; 07-08-11 at 22:53.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    A fully fit and in form Elsom is better than a fully fit and in form Higginbotham or probably any of our other sixes for that matter. Who would you have in his place?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Hey James
    Rocky elsom has never showed any sign of being in form this season since returning from injury. Hiddenbottom is keen and enthusiastic were Rocky looks old and tired.. The statics in Gerrys log show rocky in evrything but to watch he as was allways lazin out wide.. I dont think he is respected by other players due to the fact he got the Captaincy over players who have stayed home and done the hard yards.... He just does not have the leadership quialities or the talanet to get the team to change direction on the move and make correction or move to plan B if required... Genia is always directing traffic and shouting the orders like a good half back and rellies the troops at stoppages you very really see Elsom interacting with the players during a game.. Horwill or Sahrpe get my votes for Captain

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A circa 2008-09 Elsom would be picked in front of any other Australian #6, but shouldn't be picked hoping the next match...or the next match...or the next match, will be when he finds form.
    Higginbotham is performing today and changing the match around him every time he straps on a boot.
    Elsom should have to prove himself in some other jersey without having the immunity of Captaincy.
    There is no way McCalman deserved to be dragged before Elsom on Saturday, the only thing that saved him was the undeserved C next to his name.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Ah..what a win. Many non/poor performers in the Wallabies..infact, it was a shocking performace. Giteau couldn't have done any worse. In the backs, my top pick was the full back..Beale. Looked for work, attacked as much as he could but supporting cast was poopoo.

Ah, the media had it that Quade was right up there with Carter..well, he's not. He might have his brilliant moments but he's really a show pony. Think he took the ball once (okay, maybe twice) into a tackle and even then it was with reluctance. A flyhalf at the end of the day is a rugby player and the basics apply even to him - if the pass is not on..tuck the ball in and hit that line hard. Quade is an excitement machine when the going is good, but he's behind the skirt when things are tough. And that's in attack play..the gulf in defence is even worse. I hope Quade has the balls to watch a replay of the game in a quite corner and compare his performance to Carter's, it might inspire him to greater things. In Carter's game there is a passion for Rugby..I don't get that from Quade.
    I disagree about QC lacking passion, I think he's very passionate about the game. What he lacks is consistency and maturity. He does stuff on the pitch that you do when you're playing U16 and you're winning by 50 points and when it doesn't come off he looks pretty stupid. He reminds me a bit of Carlos Spencer, who in my mind was a far better runner of the ball than Merthens, but just lacked the consistency & rugby brain of Merts. Same with QC. He needs to get the basics right first and then do the razzle dazzle later.

vCash
    [QUOTE=zed;293158]I disagree about QC lacking passion, I think he's very passionate about the game. QUOTE]

Perhaps a little harsh..I retract the statement. Just didn't get it from him on the day except when they were behind the posts.

Senior Player
    vCash
    So one positive is that Simmons proved that he definitely doesn't have a claim on Sharpies spot for the world cup. Sharpie should be straight back in there with Horwill and Vickerman on the bench for some mongrel.

We all agree that Higginbotham should replace Rocky but I am sure we can all predict what is going to happen for the next test and that will be Higginbotham replacing McCalman and Rocky keeping his spot.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast