Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perth rebirth touted for wing Cory Jane

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Perth rebirth touted for wing Cory Jane

EXCLUSIVE: Cory Jane has been targeted by the Western Force as a replacement for James O'Connor.

Sunday News has been told the Force have been in discussions with Jane for a while but they have increased their eagerness to secure him after losing Wallabies star O'Connor to the Rebels.

It was announced yesterday O'Connor was going to the Rebels for two years, a couple of days after he turned down a take it or leave it contract offer from the Force.

To satisfy their fans the Perth-based franchise need a marquee player on their books to make up for the loss of O'Connor and that's where the 22-test All Black fits in.

While Jane would admits he hasn't had the best of seasons for the Hurricanes, he has been clearly upset by the turmoil going on in Wellington under Mark Hammett.

There has also been talk of Jane picking up a massive deal in Japan, he could go to the Force for one year and then head to Japan.

The Force's overseas player is David Smith, who's heading to Toulon next season. As Smith is a wing, it's another reason Jane would be a perfect fit for the Force.

Like a number of players, Jane wasn't talking to the media after last night's game and it was left to Piri Weepu to sum up the situation at the Hurricanes with so much uncertainty hanging over players' futures.

"It's pretty emotional for myself," Weepu said.

"I saw Neemia and Horey's family and the emotions are running pretty high.

"Obviously it is the end for some of the boys and I'm pretty sure they'll be holding their heads high because we went out there and did it for the team."

As for the controversial sacking of Ma'a Nonu and Andrew Hore, Weepu said it could have been dealt with better.

"It definitely could have been handled better, without going too far into it," he said.

"There's been some lessons learnt and there's nothing we can do now."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sunday-news/s...wing-Cory-Jane

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    That would be a great pick-up.

Jane has some excellent skills and that x-factor that our backline is a bit short on. That kick he pulled of for the ABs to score a try in Melbourne last year was incredible.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Why do we let players like Smith go so easily yet we fight for selfish pricks like the kid?

Jane would be good. He's won games against us enough times in the last two minutes, be nice for him to be winning them for us instead.

vCash
    Now this would be coup, this kid is immensely talented, and unlike JOC is proven at Test level.

Pity like David Smith we can hold onto the marque player for a year, but to have both of them together in 2014 when Smithy has indicated to all and sundry he is keen to return would be good, hopefully the ARU makes the criteria less stringent by then

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    He used to really give me the shits but I have warmed to him in the last couple of years.
    Bring it on.
    Have to agree to differ on your last point though Tazz.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah, im not holding my breath on him coming back in 2014. Thats is along time to away.. best of luck to him, and i would still love for him to come back.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    He certainly has the credentials, but I remain very dubious about outside backs as marquee players. Maybe if all the key positions were filled by top class, proven performers, but can we really not find a winger somewhere in Australia...?

vCash
    Fark the kiwis off
    What's the point of getting some belter that takes half the season to get into the team patterns and then leaves for France at the end.
    Time to bring in some local lads
    The future is in our own back yard. It's time to harvest.
    The Force is no longer a retirement village or a kiwi pension fund

Controversy corner

vCash
    We should be looking for a seasoned prop to replace Donut and Fairbrother. If the criteria for marquees is that they can only be signed yearly but can extend to 2 then the ARU should give themselves an uppercut. What is the point of that? The players and the franchises need to have certainty - if they want it. That would avoid situations like Smith's.

In any event I think our backs have potential as they are. Give them time to mature together. Any new recruits should be from the Wallaby eligibles.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Surely with signing of Ma'afu we've covered the loss of Dunning & Fairbrother. Pek & Keiran will be the starting props next year and Ma'afu on the bench. Then we've PAE & CAN as back-ups.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Now this would be coup, this kid is immensely talented, and unlike JOC is proven at Test level.

Pity like David Smith we can hold onto the marque player for a year, but to have both of them together in 2014 when Smithy has indicated to all and sundry he is keen to return would be good, hopefully the ARU makes the criteria less stringent by then
    JOC is unproven at test level? Pretty sure he is quite a good test player. At least Corey Janes equal.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Surely with signing of Ma'afu we've covered the loss of Dunning & Fairbrother. Pek & Keiran will be the starting props next year and Ma'afu on the bench. Then we've PAE & CAN as back-ups.
    Can longbum play tighthead?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farva View Post
    Can longbum play tighthead?
    K-Bomb started at LH v rebels, then switched to TH when Faulkner came on to replace Dunning at halftime.

Player
    vCash
    better player than most, better team man than most, better option than most

vCash
    and offers cover at Fullback for Shep

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast