Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Princesses Are All Tough.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

The Princesses Are All Tough.

Very entertaining set of results from this weekend. I think I only managed to pick two out of five, and I must saw the ones I got wrong were toss of the coin selections.

I've said it before, but this is one of the tightest competitions, if not the tightest, I have ever seen in 45 odd years.

Teams are being beaten one week, and the following week beat a team that beat the team they played the week before.

Unusual stuff, with teams taking points from each other everywhere.

With the first round now almost complete, nine sides have the possibility of making the final four, both on current standing and on demonstrated ability on their day.

Only Nedlands seem assured of a place, and only Kalamunda look a bridge too far, but even that is not guaranteed.

I believe ten wins will be all that is required to make the four (usually twelve or thirteen) and that bonus points and percentages will be the decider.

As biased and cynical as I am, I think this is going to be the greatest, most even, local competition ever.

Congratulations to all participants.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It all depends if you have a Force contingency in your team that weekend or not. Baysie beat Uni last week purely because they had 2 Force players in the lineup. Well this weekend they lost to Pally but well it must have been the worst premier grade display of the weekend and even of the season so far.

vCash
    I agree.

Neddies are a shoe in to beat Pally by 40 points plus next weekend.

vCash
    Not if they play like they played yesterday - get on Paly everyone; FS's post is just a clever ruse!

vCash
    We won't have many of our numerous Force players with us next weekend so we're going to be stuffed. Nedlands don't rely on Force players like we do.

The Force boys all said at the start of the season they loved us and were attracted by our great progressive attitude and because we made them feel so welcome and because we approached them first. The Five grand each our sponsor put up hardly counted as an inducement, they were so enthusiastic.

But now they got their money they say we haven't won enough games and a lot of them are disappointed with us. The extra cash offered by Randwick, Eastwood, Brothers and Souths has nothing to do with it. They just don't love us as much anymore. So unfair.

God knows what's going to happen in four weeks when the remaining few all go to play in the Sydney and Brisbane comps. We'll be left without a team.

"We'll all be rooned" says Hanrahan ...

vCash
    By the way, how are Cottesloe travelling?

vCash
    Pts
    Nedlands----------30
    Wests Subiaco----23
    Palmyra-----------18
    Perth Bayswater---18
    UWA--------------17
    Associates--------16
    Cottesloe---------15
    Rockingham-------13
    Wanneroo--------13
    Kalamunda--------9

vCash
    I wouldn't say the greatest, but probably most even season we've had in a long while. Wanneroo vs Cott was an entertaining game. KK was pretty awesome for Wanneroo.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    Pts
    Nedlands----------30
    Wests Subiaco----23
    Palmyra-----------18
    Perth Bayswater---18
    UWA--------------17
    Associates--------16
    Cottesloe---------15
    Rockingham-------13
    Wanneroo--------13
    Kalamunda--------9
    There's also a link to the ladder under the forum title up there ^^^ (it's in red). I generally have it up to date early Sunday mornings.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Wanneroo vs Cott was an entertaining game.
    Talk about a turn around from the Paly game a week earlier. Was pissed I had to leave 10 minutes into the second half but the Roo Dogs had a head of steam up at that stage so I was hopeful they'd finish the game well. Nice to be off the bottom!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    We won't have many of our numerous Force players with us next weekend so we're going to be stuffed. Nedlands don't rely on Force players like we do.

The Force boys all said at the start of the season they loved us and were attracted by our great progressive attitude and because we made them feel so welcome and because we approached them first. The Five grand each our sponsor put up hardly counted as an inducement, they were so enthusiastic.

But now they got their money they say we haven't won enough games and a lot of them are disappointed with us. The extra cash offered by Randwick, Eastwood, Brothers and Souths has nothing to do with it. They just don't love us as much anymore. So unfair.

God knows what's going to happen in four weeks when the remaining few all go to play in the Sydney and Brisbane comps. We'll be left without a team.

"We'll all be rooned" says Hanrahan ...
    Mate - turning to "no alcohol" and then vegetarian at the club chased them away.

I am looking forward to those beers you owe me...

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio - this week we shall be enemies if that's O.K.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Hansie, are we going to smash em? What is your prediction?

Thirsty thirds will do the business but you'd know the odds re 1sts and 2nds.

Seems personal between you and Fulvio?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hansie has always hated Pally.

Most people hate Cott, Hansie has to be different.

Will make sure there's a vegetarian burger and a soft drink at the canteen on Saturday with "Hansie" written on it. Or should we bring it over to you at the bouncy castle Hansie?

vCash
    Lay off my mate-who-denies-he's-my-mate Hansie.

JC had the same problem by the way, but that's another story....

There is a bit of sibling rivalry going on between Pally and Neddies. The rugby twins were born in 1934, but Neddie were always mummy's (WARU) favourites. Pally was kicked out of home at 12, Neddies was (is) mollycoddled and pandered to to this day.

Pally turned out all right, despite the lack of parental love, and ended up well off due to hard work, with a nice house, a solid business and its own money in the bank.

The other kid was spoilt rotten, inherited the family estate in Nedlands, but let it run into the ground, and was always there with its hand out grabbing and squandering whatever it could from the family, without giving much back.

However, with the support of the family it was always able to buy whatever it needed, so always gave the appearance of respectabilty and success even if it was at its brother's expense.

Whenever the brothers meet, jealousy and resentment bubbles to the surface, as it will on Saturday, and one of them will end up with a bloody nose.

Hansie is the bastard child of Neddies. He bares his teeth and snarles whenever he meets me, his cousin, the lawful issue of Palmyra. It's in the blood.

But at the end of the day it's family business. Don't you dare abuse cousin Hansie!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast