Ouch!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    TWF beats all

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rick boyd
    Thanks for taking the Virtual Pub Crawl Larry. I confess my experience with JB's is limited. If you have any influence there and can line up a couple of Kilkennys or Caffreys, I'm open to moderate levels of bribery and corruption...
    Well Rick I may be your man. We currnetly have a huge Council/Police/RGL issue at and any press coverage we can get will certainly qualify for Killkenny bonus rounds

vCash
    Good deal innforcer!

So Rick when are you going? The next Wallabies game would be a good night.

Last edited by LarryNJ; 26-06-06 at 12:13.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr
    Well Rick I may be your man. We currnetly have a huge Council/Police/RGL issue at and any press coverage we can get will certainly qualify for Killkenny bonus rounds
    Read my thoughts there TIF.

Rick, the press have been very one sided on the issue TIF has mentioned and it would be great to have somebody report on the other side of the story. I assure you it is quite interesting, especially the decisions that have been made then revoked for no apparent reason. It appears to be a minority in power not listening to general public opinion because of their personal issues.

Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    See what you get yourself into when you get stuck into me, Rick?

vCash
    InnFORCEr, let me guess -- local blue nose wowser residents complaining to council about noise, behaviour of patrons, extreme jealousy at seeing other people have a good time when they have no lives of their own -- right? It's a familiar story. Up in my neck of the woods, local Mrs Grundies are complaining about the Paddo, and some of these are people who moved into the area knowing full well they would be living close to a pub, and then start whining about it. And local body government, as well all know, swims at the shallow end of the gene pool and it doesn't take too many moaning killjoys to start them kow-towing to minority interests.

Virtually every rugby club in Perth has the same problem. Clubs like Nedlands and Cottesloe have a constant battle to maintain their positions and have been refused in perpetuity permission to expand because too many fat, lazy local residents with their snouts in the trough think that they own the local parks and reserves, and complain endlessly when noisy, drunken rugby players without a BMW to their name turn up to play their bestial sport on this prime real estate. It disturbs retired stockbrokers walking their poodles, don't you know?

Any chance to put in a good word for JB's in print, I'll go for it.

Larry, I was sorely tempted to down a pint at JBs on Saturday but unfortunately I get paid good money to attend the media box, press conference etc and send my articles in post haste (the internet waits for no man), and not to stand at the bar sucking back piss no matter how delicious it is. Life can be very cruel sometimes. Although I did manage to manoeuvre the missus into dropping into Paddy Hannan's at Burswood yesterday afternoon for a pint and "accidentally" found the Bokke-France game on the plasma screen. One up for the Rickster!

Cheers.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Go Rick Go. Your sentiments are spot on. Frankly, I thought you might shudder at the prospect of another crusade, but more power to your elbow.
    I'll try to make it myself to J.B.'s shortly, even if it does mean a trip north of the divide, and hopefully meet up with some of the other fat, balding, broken down props who grace this forum incognito.

vCash
    It must have brought tears of joy to your eyes, Frank, to see Greg Holmes sprinting from halfway with the ball in hand, a trail of wingers and other backs in his wake.

I see today in the press that the tale is already growing (like all front rowers' tries) and now he "knew from the moment he picked the ball up that he would score, and no one would be able to catch him".

By this time next week it will be a 70 metre try, a sidestep around the full back, a fend off of the blindside winger, and a swan dive under the bar.

vCash
    I`d love to catch up Fulvio, as i fit your description pretty well, only one prob though, the missus. I`ll be back in perth for 8th tri nation game, and hope to get a pass out from daddy duties to attend JB`s, and swill beer with fellow props.
    And yes Rick, tears welled in my eyes as i watched the spectacle of our fellow prop outsprint the entire Irish backline, and it did bring back memories of my past escapades as i have alluded to in other threads. It also prompted me to post my first thread, have a look and respond if you like.
    Now, Back to my memories.......

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rick boyd
    Yeah, where's Rick Boyd? Strewth and fair dinkum, what does a bloke have to do?
    You're just gonna keep on coming back here till I reopen this poll, aren't you?

Vote up folks ..

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    TIF,TEF my sentiments exactly.We need all the help we can get!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    You're just gonna keep on coming back here till I reopen this poll, aren't you?

Vote up folks ..
    Woohoo!

Don't hold back, true believers! (I'm doing Paly v Wests in two weeks' time Frank. I'm not saying the tone of my piece depends on your vote but I still have the phrase "ugly rugby" saved on my Palm -- need I say more?)

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    though I did notice a slight error of fact in the Dave Hughes article in the West this morning.....I might be worng...and dont want the truth to get in the way of a good story...

but the tight head that Wallabies won just after the Holmes try wasnt Holmes, McIssac and Sheperdson but really Holmes, Paul and Baxter...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I voted you excellent Rick cus I just know you are going to give some GREAT publicity to TWF as well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast