Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The ladder

vCash

The ladder

Ok, everyone knows we are having (another) rebuilding season, things will be better next season etc etc (yawn).

Fact 1 RWC is just inches away and blokes should be playing like their lives depended on it right about now.

Fact 2 they're not.

Fact 3 Force have no game plan other that to make JOC do all the heavy lifting (no wonder he wants to move)

Fact 4 the blokes can't play well when the head shed has no plan.

fact 5 we are sick of copping it without vass.

Fact 6 we are at ladders bottom regions.

I'm going to make a prediction here which I pray does not come true. Another dead rubber season in 2012 will bury this club. In 2013 we may still have a franchise but it will go the way of baseball.

We are very low on lives. Sack Graham now, get a proper coach, write off this season and starting building now like your lives depend on it ffs.

This is farking horrendous.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    why cant you keep your moaning and groaning to one thread?
    can an admin please move this? im starting to really dislike coming here with 200 threads after every loss from the same old folks wanting to sack the coach the players and the waterboys...serious bronski dude we all know what you think of the matter enough already....

Veteran
    vCash
    bury this club?

get knotted you tosser...

Champion
    vCash
    BB i think you are saying what many are thinking.... but... there is light at the end of the tunnel..... next year all we are losing is JOC, Inman and FB the rest of the team is staying.... this is a real positive for the EWF.... Sharpie will retire end of 2012 and take up a senior coaching role with EWF with a group of now yyoun players that will be hitting their straps... We need one or two good play makers.....and well ?>

vCash
    Time to invest in a bit of local product......or plunder the bokke youth teams and naturalise them before they are 21

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    bury this club?

get knotted you tosser...

And the champion of the mental lightweight division is...
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    BB i think you are saying what many are thinking.... but... there is light at the end of the tunnel..... next year all we are losing is JOC, Inman and FB the rest of the team is staying.... this is a real positive for the EWF.... Sharpie will retire end of 2012 and take up a senior coaching role with EWF with a group of now yyoun players that will be hitting their straps... We need one or two good play makers.....and well ?>
    Also, unfortunately, losing David Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF1964 View Post
    Also, unfortunately, losing David Smith.
    Is Willie here next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Mate, I'm picking up what you're putting down, but honestly NS as a coach?

We need a Jake White or an Eddie Jones. No offence to Sharpe but I don't even know if he has done a smart rugby. A few years as an intern and then maybe a head coach role, maybe.

In the mean time while Graham still has the interim job, what not loosen up and try something, anything!

Nothing to lose now, and I too would rather see an attacking team get beaten than a game of ping pong.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah because Eddie was great for the Reds. Neither Jones nor White would be good for the Force. We need Todd Louden.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Think the key words were "We need a Jake White or an Eddie Jones" James, not specifically those individuals, ie an internationally proven Coach.
    Maybe Nick Mallett would be keen...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Think the key words were "We need a Jake White or an Eddie Jones" James, not specifically those individuals, ie an internationally proven Coach.
    Maybe Nick Mallett would be keen...
    Exactamundo.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Tom Fearn as head coach.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Fair enough. My bad.

The idea of internationally proven coaches is a fuzzy area though. Does being a great international coach make you a great Super rugby coach? Does being a great coach at one style of play make you a great coach when working with players who can't replicate that? Would the Force do well with a coach who was internationally proven with the Springboks? And what about great coaches who coach internationl teams that lack enough quality players to win consistently like Italy or Scotland?

I say go for a guy like Todd Louden because he has a pretty well proven track record as an attack coach. He is very, very well liked by players by all accounts and he would be able to fashion our guys into a formidable attacking unit. To get our backrow (or pack in general) to function to maximum effectiveness, we need to be running the ball better through the backs. Otherwise if they want to play the slow, grinding field-position game with one out runners, we need bigger backrowers (and probably to move Sam Wykes to 6).

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    Otherwise if they want to play the slow, grinding field-position game with one out runners, we need bigger backrowers (and probably to move Sam Wykes to 6).
    You know what? I don't think the forwards have been so bad at that strategy, much as i don't like it and would rather see them play some footy. It's been pointed out regularly here, but gets drowned out by the weekly "sack the coaches" bleating. Where things have been breaking down is the (mostly) aimless kicking and the unwillingness to kick penalties into the corners, back the lineout, score the tries or at least make the penalties more kickable. Whoever is making those decisions or that policy needs to rethink it.

Not my preferred game plan but a few tweaks and it can work. I'd take wins in place of those close defeats and not complain about the style of play ATM. It might have at least got the team into the playoffs. But that would be it. The top sides would still win the big matches on the counter. In reality we have not YET got the cattle to win those contests anyway.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast