Thread: ANZAC League Test in Turkey 2015

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Keep the marketing guys away from ANZAC Day... is nothing sacred anymore... The Turks don't want the NRL match on their patch... The ANZACS lads were dutiful invaders... Lest We Forget...

They shall grow not old,

as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them,

nor the years condemn [sic].

At the going down of the sun

and in the morning

We will remember them.

And so will the NRL and Channel Nine marketing executives to make a dollar...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Keep the marketing guys away from ANZAC Day... Keep the marketing guys away from ANZAC Day... is nothing sacred anymore...

The old soldiers themselves have been onside with the Anzac Test since before the Superleague hatchet was buried. The president of the RSL used to present the trophy to the winners, and may still - not sure. But I think I'll wait for their opinion .

One thing I will say though is that room should be made in the fixtures for it to be ALWAYS played on the 25th.

The Turks don't want the NRL match on their patch... The ANZACS lads were dutiful invaders... Lest We Forget...
    WTF makes you think you know or can speak of what the Turks want??

This is what Attaturk, commander of the Turkish forces at the time and first President of a democratic Turkish nation said of the Anzacs.

Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side now here in this country of ours... you, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land. They have become our sons as well.

Let's wait to see what the Turkish people think of such a centenary memorial match.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    One thing I will say though is that room should be made in the fixtures for it to be ALWAYS played on the 25th.
    Here here!

Let's see what the Turkish people think.
    "Why are they allowed to pick the ball up?"

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    why is there no net on the goals?

vCash

WTF makes you think you know or can speak of what the Turks want??

This is what Attaturk, commander of the Turkish forces at the time and first President of a democratic Turkish nation said of the Anzacs.

Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side now here in this country of ours... you, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land. They have become our sons as well.

Let's wait to see what the Turkish people think of such a centenary memorial match.
    Yes I know the quote, its very respectful of the fallen soldiers but doesn't invite the NRL to celebrate the battle in their country.

WTF makes you think the turks want the NRL bogus marketing game in their country... Play it here, its were the mungos are... Its a utter nonsense...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper
    Yes I know the quote, its very respectful of the fallen soldiers
    Doesn't match with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper
    The Turks don't want the NRL match on their patch... The ANZACS lads were dutiful invaders
    Does it?

WTF makes you think the turks want the NRL bogus marketing game in their country... Play it here, its were the mungos are... Its a utter nonsense...
    I don't think that, didn't say it and I don't reckon it's my place speculate what they might make of the proposal. Neither is it yours. Disagree, slag the Mungos all you want. Slag the match off all you want. But don't presume to know what anyone else thinks of such a tribute or use that to justify your opposition.

What I will say is that if all the parties agree, it will be a fantastic idea and I'd make an effort to get there for it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Good luck...

vCash
    Keep the marketing guys away from ANZAC Day... is nothing sacred anymore... The Turks don't want the NRL match on their patch... The ANZACS lads were dutiful invaders... Lest We Forget...

They shall grow not old,

as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them,

nor the years condemn [sic].

At the going down of the sun

and in the morning

We will remember them.

And so will the NRL and Channel Nine marketing executives to make a dollar...
    It's going to be played at a soccer venue, not on the beach. Playing it on Anzac day in turkey is not different to playing it here.

The Turk government has been contacted and are in talks about it. Without there support it won't happen, if it does happen it will be a fantastic wash to bring together 3 countries. 1 of which use to be the enemy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WA sport fan View Post
    if it does happen it will be a fantastic wash to bring together 3 countries. 1 of which use to be the enemy.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    And another that still is...