Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PART-TIME RUGBY SUPPORTERS IN PERTH

vCash

PART-TIME RUGBY SUPPORTERS IN PERTH

Hi, all.

Is it just me that gets p#ssed off when NIB stadium is a sell-out for a game with a visiting Kiwi team - and 95% of the Kiwis in the crowd live in Perth and normally don't come to the games?

I tried to explain, in words of one syllable, to some prat with his face painted red and black, that if he didn't support Super Rugby in Perth, then he would not get the chance to see his precious Crusaders. It was more than a little FRUSTRATING that my Kiwi friend did not grasp the basic point.

How hard is it to understand that if you do not buy tickets and go to all of the games, the Western Force will die and we will not have Super Rugby here in WA for another generation?

I don't care if you turn up in your Crusaders outfit every bleedin' week, but buy your ticket and come to the game.

'Coz if you don't, you are delivering the outcome that the Eastern States media "I told you so" mob are praying for.

And don't get me started on the ARU believing marketing people about the "potential market" in Melbourne, whilst ignoring the blindingly obvious fact that 90% of Melbournians cannot spell rubgy and don't want to learn how!! The biggest rugby market outside Sydney and Brisbane is Perth. So get over it, ARU and your NSW media mates. Work with it and make it damn well work.

Even if half the rugby market in Perth are ex-pat Kiwis, Jaapies and Brits. (At least the Jaapies and Brits come to the Force games!)

I must admit though, there are plenty of other people I have met in the rugby community who are part-time supporters, picking and choosing their games. They are a disgrace and they all make me sick.

Bah Humbug.
    (And, Yes, I rarely read these forums!)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If every journey begins with a single step, why does every signature begin with a statement of self-satisfied one-upmanship?
    George Bush disparaging the French: "The French don't even have a word for 'entrepeneur'!!"

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Great first up post!!!

Echo's lots of sentiments round here.

vCash
    Thanks, mate. And the unfortunate thing about it is that I realise that I am preaching to the converted.

But whenever I find an uncommitted, part-time rugby fan, I tell them in uncompromising terms. I would say that it could have cost me some friends - but then, as a referee, I haven't got any!!!

If every journey begins with a single step, why does every signature begin with a statement of self-satisfied one-upmanship?
    George Bush disparaging the French: "The French don't even have a word for 'entrepeneur'!!"

Rookie
    vCash
    Brendan my dear fellow,

Take a deep breath and sip your way through a glass of quality red wine.

You should know by now that kiwis are a bunch of cheapskate leeches.

They are here to take, not give.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    if they suck your blood Oracle,it can only be a community service

vCash
    Some kiwi's love to remind themselves that they are special. What better way to do that than to rock up to the Force vs Crusaders game every two years and pretend you're from Christchurch.

Some moron even brought an air horn and sounded it when JOC was kicking. I was gonna ask if he flew 4000 km's just to piss off the home team kicker, but i think the answer is self-evident.

I'm pretty sure any real saders' fan would be embarrassed seeing SBW get more cheers than all of the other players combined.

vCash
    my senitments exactly....

vCash
    Before I run off and take the piss, might I add my voice to agerry's, great first post!

Now, on to the pisstake
    Quote Originally Posted by MLCrisis View Post
    And don't get me started on the ARU believing marketing people about the "potential market" in Melbourne, whilst ignoring the blindingly obvious fact that 90% of Melbournians cannot spell rubgy and don't want to learn how!!
    Was this deliberate, because I found it ROF funny!

C'mon the

vCash
    Must be nice having a Monday to Friday dayshift job that frees up all your Saturday nights to go to the games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Must be nice having a Monday to Friday dayshift job that frees up all your Saturday nights to go to the games.
    Not always, it means you get to see the rebels games as well as the bulls

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Personally, if they don't want to be there and support the team, I couldn't care less whether they show up or not. I'd sooner watch with people who actually want to be there than have the ground full of donkeys who don't have a clue, trying to start mexican waves, wanting bands and whinging that they aren't being entertained if the teams haven't run in eight tries apiece.

My preference would be that there isn't room at the ground for bandwagoners. A much better whinge might be how it is that all the folk that ostensibly left because of the crap viewing at Subi haven't returned now we are at NIB.

vCash
    The funny thing is...

(Hypothetically) If the Crusaders decided to move their home ground to NIB or Subi for the rest of the season due to the Earthquakes. Most Western Force members would rock up to every game to see a good display of rugby, while these bandwagon kiwi fans would probably last 1 or 2 games and get bored, then never return again.

vCash
    Was there a bigger crowd then previous force/crusader games?
    Maybe it was SBW that drew the crowd?
    Im going to make a very Generalized statement so please dont get offended as its a observation of my personal interaction with our friends from across the ditch(ps my inlaws are kiwis)
    Most(not all) of the kiwis I know from this side of the ditch are more into the Warriors and league. The rugby " hat " usually comes on when the allblacks
    are playing. With SBW in the lineup who wouldnt go even if ur more into league?
    SBW is doing exactly what the NZRU intended for him to do. The fact he's actually playing well is a bonus for them.

vCash
    Hmmmm, the league vs union thing is split for the sheep shaggers I know, it might just be the fact that I don't know masses of kiwis.

Significantly all of the leagues I know are from near Auckland, it appears that rugby isn't as much a religion there, but I also know a few south islanders and they seem to be more rugby focussed and (at least amongst my friends) more geographically consistent (ie Cantabrians support canterbury, southlanders support highlanders)

I'd agree that any part time mug generally supports the crusaders, but really, there's plenty of part time mugs who will go to watch any kiwi team have a win, and get shitty and throw blows if they don't

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Remember.... if all the kiwis went home nothing much would get done her in Australia or Perth..... Kiwis are passionate about their rugby... they turn up and support good rugby games and the saders after their "jittery start"!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast