Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hodgson commits to Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It only takes one look to see he's better off here

I bet it is raining in Melbourne at the moment, while here in Perth the sky is blue and cloudless.
    If that's the rule then we needn't fear losing anyone to the Reds this week. Whole lot of rain going on over here today.

Onya Hodgo

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great news, great heart, great person.

This is the kind of player we need at the Force, he gives blood for us and we appreciate it.

Great to see you on board for another term Matt.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Wonder what the journos will make of this......the most underrated back rower in Aussie rugby DOESN'T sign with the rabble, I bet it'll because he can't command the money other players can!

Not because he realizes that Perth is a far better place to play his rugby, especially given that every year, two of the Rebels superstars will go back to Europe

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Probably Jarrod Saffy's unexpected form would have had a bit to do with it too...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    So that just leaves Brown...? Looks like we'll still get plenty of turnover ball, so hopefully there will be someone to run it up.

Champion
    vCash

Smile Hodgie resigns

this is great news

Matt Hodgson re-signs with Force April 19, 2011 - 1:59PM

Matt Hodgson will be with Australian rugby when the British & Irish Lions tour in 2013. Photo: AP
    Western Force have re-signed Wallabies flanker Matt Hodgson for the next two Super Rugby seasons.

Hodgson, currently on the sidelines with a shoulder injury, has developed rapidly since making his Super Rugby debut in 2006, twice taking out the Force player of the year award.

The 29-year-old made his Test debut last year and has five caps to his name.

Advertisement: Story continues below With Wallabies Hodgson, Nathan Sharpe, Cameron Shepherd, David Pocock and Ben McCalman locked away for next season, the Force are desperate to secure the signature of star back James O'Connor, who is being chased heavily by the Rebels, Brumbies and Reds.

"We have a great mix of players and have a lot of confidence in what we're all working towards and I'm confident we can put that together into a full season in the coming years," said Hodgson, who also re-signed with the Australian Rugby Union.

"I like letting my rugby do the talking.

"I enjoy doing the stuff that goes under the radar and I go out to do whatever is best for the team.

"I take a lot of heart from being able to contribute in the team environment.

"There has been some tough stuff that we've been through at the club but you can't enjoy the good times without having to do the hard yards and I think we've done that, particularly this season.

"With a continued strong work ethic there are good things to come.

"The six years I've had here already have been excellent and I'm really glad to have another two years to contribute alongside a great bunch of boys."

Coach Richard Graham said Hodgson was part of a core group of players that would take the club forward.

"His quiet and committed approach has earned the respect of his team mates and he exemplifies what we're looking for in a player," Graham said

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...#ixzz1JwTiSlaq

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Wonder what the journos will make of this......the most underrated back rower in Aussie rugby DOESN'T sign with the rabble, I bet it'll because he can't command the money other players can!

Not because he realizes that Perth is a far better place to play his rugby, especially given that every year, two of the Rebels superstars will go back to Europe
    Would have to disagree with you and say that Beau Robinson is the most underrated back rower in the country. At the start of this year he didn’t even have a contract!!!

But that is another issue great to have Matt sign on with us and commit to the franchise.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Veteran
    vCash
    Bastard,

resign and re-sign are different...

vCash
    Hmmmm interesting discussion to have Grope, Hodgson is IMHO better than Brown, yet hasn't seen anywhere near as much time in the Gold jersey due to the presence of an overrated gimp, Robinson didn't have a contract, sure but still isn't Wallaby material (again IMHO)

Fine line really!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Matt Hodgson, Nathan Sharpe, Cameron Shepherd, David Pocock and Ben McCalman - c'mon JOC don't be following the money!!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Good onya Hodgie!

vCash
    Good to hear Hodgo is staying. He's engaged to a Perth girl so I think our retention strategy should be to set up players with Perth girls, who refuse to relocate! Any takers for JOC?

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ... Hodgson is IMHO better than Brown, yet hasn't seen anywhere near as much time in the Gold jersey due to the presence of an overrated gimp... (again IMHO)
    Agreed - Matty consistently gives 100%. Thanks for re-signing Matty, champion!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    Good to hear Hodgo is staying. He's engaged to a Perth girl so I think our retention strategy should be to set up players with Perth girls, who refuse to relocate! Any takers for JOC?
    His lady friend is Bridget Mona Bauman - anyone know where she hails from?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Brownie was on Nova this morning... his words " I've made a commitment to the Force, I love it here, im not going anywhere soon,"

he also took time to sledge Rabbit by claiming he uses a hair straightner before every match.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast