Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Western Force vs Waratahs: Match Report

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOBSRFC View Post
    lol going to Melbourne as well? if so see you there.
    Sure will be

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Sure will be

I'm sure the beers got to be better than the crap they serve here!

JUst thought of a positive!
    the way the guys are playing the crowd will be less! ie less queing for a beer or a piss.

Last edited by SNOB; 10-04-11 at 00:07.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    One positive - was impressed with their maul - except that Sheehan muffed it at the end
    The truth is every time we muck around with that stupid tactic (which gains us about 5 metres at the halfway line), we lose the ball! Why don't we just get the quick possession and go for it?! Rolling mauls should only be called from 10m out.

The fact is that the Tahs brought their A game, and we, well, brought our usual game - predictable from the base of the ruck, no penetration when inside the 22, and butterfingers all over the field. The dropped ball at the kickoff was a harbinger of things to come.

I think one positive was that the scrum performed reasonably against a formidable pack. Another was Smith getting more involved.

The negatives have all been mentioned already.

I say Ripia needs more time to gel with the backline - for next week Ripia at 10, JOC 12, Fairbanks 13, Cummins and Smith the wings, and Shep (if ok) back at fullback.

Let's hope Poey gets back on deck soon, and Hodgo too for that matter. We need more venom in the tackle and at the breakdown.

vCash
    The team is in a downward spiral. Our top players are not going to stick around to play for a team that refuses to do what they need to do to win. As we lose these players our performance will further degrade etc etc.

I am glad I have taken some liquid anesthetic before the game or I would have been feeling as bad as I did last week.

The boys still have my support. That will continue no matter how bad they play.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I thought the scrum stood up pretty well and the backline was as disorganised as you would expect when everyone shuffles around. In truth though, our season was done last week so does it really matter?

However, it would seem that perhaps it wasn't last years coach that was the problem after all. It'll be interesting to see whose head get called for next and its maybe a little surprising it hasn't already started. I felt sure the blame-storm would have hit by now....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I thought the scrum stood up pretty well and the backline was as disorganised as you would expect when everyone shuffles around. In truth though, our season was done last week so does it really matter?

However, it would seem that perhaps it wasn't last years coach that was the problem after all. It'll be interesting to see whose head get called for next and its maybe a little surprising it hasn't already started. I felt sure the blame-storm would have hit by now....
    Intresting Andy. I was always a supporter of Mitch from back in his time in the UK with Sale. I honestley belive that the introduction of "The Comit"ee was the down fall of the Force.
    I assume that Graham is under the same rules? But I have to say since Graham taking over we have gone backwards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OzFUB View Post
    The team is in a downward spiral. Our top players are not going to stick around to play for a team that refuses to do what they need to do to win. As we lose these players our performance will further degrade etc etc.
    We have top players??????????
    Top salaries maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    We have top players??????????
    Top salaries maybe.
    So time to pay them for performance! They would be bloody starving by now and ready to rip the head off an elephant.
    The only ones that look even pekish at the moment are JOC and Cullet.

vCash
    Lets face it, it can't get any worse, hopefully we will do well against the Brumbies, as they are crap as well, might give us some confidence going into those two huge games afterwards
    Who is the skills coach again !?!?!

vCash
    I doubt any loyal force fan will have taken anything positive out of last night. The players were pretty shitty after the game but what got me really worried is so were the sponsors. You can only justify marketing dollars if the product sells and quite frankly the force aren't a top shelf item at the moment.
    We need to be realistic about the future of the force. Personally I think we have the talent (if no injuries) on the paddock to finish mid table which I would have been happy with this year. But to finish bottom of the Australian conference is just not good enough. The players know that. What worries me is if we keep losing we'll never grow the game in WA by solely relying on the force and sponsorship, which is the tactic RWA has adopted. The sponsors are loyal but they'll be wanting the same anwers we all want, in particular what the plan is moving forward? From a sponsors view, what are you going to do with my company logo in the future? We simply can't rely on paying top dollar on imported players who may or may not like living in Perth. Unhappy off the park= less than 100% on the park. WE NEED HOME GROWN TALENT!!

The only way to do this is to improve the local competition and make it more accessible to the public. This is covered in another thread (or two!!) so I won't labour the point. RWA needs to stop losing money each year, blaming the cost of importing players to cover injuries. The season has gone now so let's make a positive out of the situation and bring in local lads. Of course they'll struggle to begin with but eventally we'll get a few that will make the next step and this is the only way to find out. My suggestions are this:
    Rework the budget for 2012 and take dollars from the "import player/ marquee" column and put it into the "grow rugby in WA" column. Spend wisely on a sensible promotion/ relegation competition and give clubs like Joondalup and Southern Lions the chance to prove themselves. Trust me the up and coming juniors from these clubs will be capable if there's a credible under 18 team in a credible competition bridging the gap to get them into premier grade without switching clubs. Throw some much needed $$s at them (obviously they need to show they have the ability to run a club competently) and give them a chance. This will raise the profile of the game in the respective areas and will eventually get more schools playing rugby. This will lead to more players, therefore more supporters, therefore more money coming into the game from the general public. I'm f*#king sick of reading 10 pages of AFL drivel in the paper and one paragraph of Sharpie saying sorry!! It's been said earlier in a post about clubland working together. We need to raise the bar and develop a plan because the RWA plan is going nowhere fast. PS- Joondalup have nominated Southern Lions for junior home and away carnivals this year. I hope this underlines the point there is a genuine love of rugby north and south and we're happy to travel and prove it!! I'd love to read a story soon of little Johnny growing up playing from under 6s at Joondalup or Southern Lions (or any other club in WA) right through to the Wallabies. Surely the more players we can get on the field the better the chances of WA club land doing this? So to all existing premier grade sides and those with aspirations to get there, if you agree with anything I've said above do you fancy a battle? This is the time to do it and focus on a positive instead of lamenting over another piss poor season. Thank you for listening. Hungover, annoyed and signing off...... yet strangely still optimistic. Dreamer? Maybe

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

vCash
    What I would like to know is this:

Is there a attack coach?
    If so, whom is it and what has he been doing? I can see what he hasn't been doing...

There hasn't been a game (well......arguably the Lions....) where we've looked likely to score a try from team play. Why is that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    What I would like to know is this:

Is there a attack coach?
    If so, whom is it and what has he been doing? I can see what he hasn't been doing...

There hasn't been a game (well......arguably the Lions....) where we've looked likely to score a try from team play. Why is that?
    I think he is with the defence coach!

Rookie
    vCash

A diversion

Since the game last night was a bit too awful to have to remember this morning, I've found a diversion which can help to keep my mind off the last few scores.

Attendances at home games in 2011:

05/03 Sharks 17,620
    12/03 Blues 15,931
    02/04 Rebels 15,118
    09/04 Tahs 14,578

Someone should open a book on the attendances at the remaining 4 home games.

vCash
    Yeah this is starting to get tiring! Losing isn't so bad, but the way they lost against the Tahs was shocking. To actually hol dout for the first 20 minutes, I thought great but after that there was nothing to be positive about really; maybe the scrum did a lot better but thats about it!

The backs showed glimpses of their open play tecnique but we didn't get the finishing touch again! The forwards had a good night in the scrum, lineout was ok and break down play was ok. The backs still don't seem to have any real set plays, and they definately aren't deep enough when we get a set play.

The season is over for sure now; would have to win every game from in on to make the finals now! Not sure what is happening behind closed doors at the Force but it isn't working. Robbie Deans would have been disappointed with what he saw at the game!

The only thing fans have to look forward to now is the team improving each week. Hasn't happened yet, but who knows it might; I hope it does because watching that last night was painful!!

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

vCash
    Trevor a book on attendance next time - personally expected 13 but am guessing 11 for the next game based on the looks of all the spectators as they were leaving last night - they need to look like they are going to rock up for a game was the lineout thing confidence after dropping Hodgson last week ? Where was Wykes he normally plays heaps better than that

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast