Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: shake up for the Rebels

Champion
    vCash
    the backs are playing like the Wallabies have been...across field... JOC at 12 will open the gaps up for a straight running Cummins
    Silbey must be due back...??????

Inman for the Tahs game????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    You guys wanting JOC on 12 have no idea about rugby Yea Maybe he is good enough to play 12 but let me tell you something He IS'T BIG ENOUGH He will retire before reaching 23 He is smaller than the average 16 year old rugby playing kid - He will be destroyed in seconds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    You guys wanting JOC on 12 have no idea about rugby Yea Maybe he is good enough to play 12 but let me tell you something He IS'T BIG ENOUGH He will retire before reaching 23 He is smaller than the average 16 year old rugby playing kid - He will be destroyed in seconds
    Name James O'Connor
    Height 180cm
    Weight 88kg

Name Matt Giteau
    Height 178cm
    Weight 85kg

Name Berrick Barnes
    Height 183cm
    Weight 87kg

Name Anthony Faingaa
    Height 182cm
    Weight 92kg

Name Robbie Coleman
    Height 179cm
    Weight 87kg

??

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    You make a powerful case for the Wallabies to import a decent #12 there Robyn

C'mon the

vCash
    12 doesnt have to be big just needs correct tackling technique and an eye for the gap... Coleman, Faingaa, Gits and OConnor fit that mould.. Barnes is more a 10 in my opinion.. plays like Bernie only not as well.

13 is more likely needed to be the powerhouse TFG wants to see at 12, you need a heavy hitter somewhere in the back line... Digby is fast and agile and more suited to the wing IMHO... AAC & Mortlock are our two best Suited 13's at the moment.. with maybe Cummo as an alternative...

vCash
    Sorry Zim, I forgot my on the last post!

C'mon the

vCash
    wasnt aimed at you gigs more at TFG

Champion
    vCash
    FG: u should re phrase your statement "if hes good enough he should play there" would love to see him and QC gell and run around those boff head big blokes.... be worth a try.... he loves being in the action... imagine Digby at 13 running off JOC

vCash
    Anyone remember a bloke called George Gregan? 4ft tall and the toughest bloke in the game when he was playing.

Size has nothing to do with anything - it's just an excuse wallaby fans like to chuck around becuase their 12s suck, not because they're too small!

Stop trying to copy NZ & France and make your own gameplan. When was the last time either of them won the World Cup? (I just made myself sad)

Champion
    vCash
    SBW is a awesome unit..... I am worried for the small Wallabie number 12!!! EWF got to learn to off load more often to keep the flow moving they tend to stop at each tackle.. we are missing Bam Bam...Crusaders are looking pretty dam good and Ritchie isnt back on deck yet!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    SBW is a awesome unit..... I am worried for the small Wallabie number 12!!! EWF got to learn to off load more often to keep the flow moving they tend to stop at each tackle.. we are missing Bam Bam...Crusaders are looking pretty dam good and Ritchie isnt back on deck yet!!!
    The main problem with people tackling SBW is that they're stupid. As I said in the last post size has nothing to do with it.

If SBW runs straight at O'Connor all he has to do is tackle him around the legs. If he offloads then that is up to Brown (or whoever has settled outside O'Connor in the defensive line) to tackle the player who gets the popped ball.

It's more an issue of trusting your fellow defenders rather than who weighs the most.

If you try to tackle SBW high to stop the offload - you're going to land flat on your arse. But if you use proper technique and cross his legs he won't go anywhere, and the defensive line should be able to defend any offload.

And let's face the facts here - O'Connor punches massively above his own weight. I have no doubt that he will tackle SBW the same as a 120kg boer.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "It's more an issue of trusting your fellow defenders rather than who weighs the most."

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    O'Connor punches massively above his own weight. I have no doubt that he will tackle SBW the same as a 120kg boer.
    you said 99% of it for me, I can only add the name Gurthro Steenkamp. Not just tackled, but pushed back and dumped unceremoniously, it wasn't just wrapping around his legs and tripping him up, it was going low, driving up pushing back (and being lucky he didn't land on his head).

With several like that in his scrapbook, I don't fear rabbit's defense against SBW but I wonder about others when Cooper and Beale are in the team.......he needs Bam close to cover those offloads!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Rest my case no shake up same old same old... pathetic rugby last nite

vCash
    need to bring back the smote button...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast