There's a down side to this. I decided late in the piece to fly to Sydney for Nobody's last test match. Couldn't get thru on the phone and didn't try the net. IIRC the "public sale' tickets were only about 10,000 that time. So I bought a ticket on eBay. The guy was genuine - couldn't make the game. Charged me a little extra but not much. I coulda possibly got one thru a RugbyWA contact but decided on paying the premium to be sure of it. Sometimes you just want that ticket and will pay.

What's the deal with the cancelled tickets. Does the original purchaser get his money back or do the ARU pocket the dough and re-sell the seat. How's that fair?

When I got to the game I ended up in a shout with a maori bloke who was on his "once in a lifetime" rugby trip. He'd got on the piss and lost his ticket. A scalper outside the gate had charged him $150 for a $40.00 ticket. If the ARU are going to act on it then these scum should be stopped too - and arrested.

BTW it was well worth the trip - even though I was up in the stratosphere, I was right behind where Kefu stretched out that big mit of his to dot down the winner. Will NEVER forget that one