Thread: Bogan Thug Organises $500,000 Donation.

vCash

Bogan Thug Organises $500,000 Donation.

That hopeless "Westy" bogan, Mark Geyer has pulled off a great donation to the flood appeal which could reach $500,000 after the jersey auction. He and his semi literate mates staged an Origin Legends match which surprised even themselves at the intensity and passion they mustered. It was a great game to watch as names like Terry Lamb, Meninga, Lyons, Tallis, Lam, Fittler, Alexander, Backo, Sironen........ somehow turned back the Origin clock. Andrew Symonds showed that he could have carved a out career in the NRL if he wasn't such a good cricketer - and yes, the culture would have been more to his liking - beat you to it GIGS.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nr...-1225996371142

PS. If anyone missed the match and would like a DVD copy PM, me with a return address. The cost will be a donation of over 10 bucks to the appeal on an honour system. Return postage free as part of the TWF donations. If anyone likes they can mention their donations and a total can be updated in this thread.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Fantastic game. Great to see the greats out there for a cause, thought it would be a nothing game for the floods. But there was same feeling out there. Started to slow down a bit in the 4th quarter but the Blues had a little come back which keep it interesting.

A few of the boys haven't pulled up so well afterwards, but it was all for a great cause, set up in 8 days it is a real credit to all involved.

Seems like it may become a yearly event in remembrance for Jordan Rice, i also heard that AFL may try and steal the idea and of a game of their own in the future.

vCash
    It was a great game, loved seeing big spud Carroll lining up Andrew Symonds.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That hopeless "Westy" bogan, Mark Geyer has pulled off a great donation to the flood appeal which could reach $500,000 after the jersey auction. He and his semi literate mates staged an Origin Legends match which surprised even themselves at the intensity and passion they mustered. It was a great game to watch as names like Terry Lamb, Meninga, Lyons, Tallis, Lam, Fittler, Alexander, Backo, Sironen........ somehow turned back the Origin clock. Andrew Symonds showed that he could have carved a out career in the NRL if he wasn't such a good cricketer - and yes, the culture would have been more to his liking - beat you to it GIGS.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nr...-1225996371142

PS. If anyone missed the match and would like a DVD copy PM, me with a return address. The cost will be a donation of over 10 bucks to the appeal on an honour system. Return postage free as part of the TWF donations. If anyone likes they can mention their donations and a total can be updated in this thread.
    I know that Shasta had his tongue firmly planted in cheek when writing his opening post (above)

but I would like to express how much I admire Mark Geyer over the last couple of years. He has no delusions of who he is and what he does. He is a retired footballer, husband and father of 4. He admits that he is not the sharpest tool in the shed and that when he did play league he did some stupid things that he is not proud of. And yet he now does commentary and is a co-host of one of Sydney Radio's most popular breakfast shows as well as a permanent role in a League TV discussion show the "Sunday Roast".

Mark Geyer put together the "Legends of Origin" Flood Charity match in little over a week.

He deserves a lot of credit and has my admiration as well.

Last edited by .X.; 29-01-11 at 20:58.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    loved seeing big spud Carroll lining up Andrew Symonds.
    My second choice highlight was Gordon Tallis actually running backwards with the ball just so he could put a great big fend on Benny Elias.

Best was a no brainer. The little fruiterer who donated 14 grand to live his dream on the Blues right wing, actually calling Freddy to put the cross field chip on, screaming onto the ball ahead of Nathan Blacklock and dotting down a try.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    My second choice highlight was Gordon Tallis actually running backwards with the ball just so he could put a great big fend on Benny Elias.

Best was a no brainer. The little fruiterer who donated 14 grand to live his dream on the Blues right wing, actually calling Freddy to put the cross field chip on, screaming onto the ball ahead of Nathan Blacklock and dotting down a try.
    Was he the same bloke who was giving Gordon Tallis a shove out on the wing later in the game?

Thought his night was going to be all over at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Was he the same bloke who was giving Gordon Tallis a shove out on the wing later in the game?
    Yup. I thought he showed plenty of ticker there too. Once he realised Tallis was going to rag doll him into touch he did what all good wingers should do - head into the defender, away from touch and drop the shoulder.

Luckily the Raging Bull had pity on him. It was a bit like the mouse that roared.

vCash
    That game really showed to the world exactly how much rugby league means to it's society and it's genuine position within Australia, as more then just a sport. It literally is a way of life and none more better example of what was displayed at parramatta stadium.

20,000 people raising $400,000 (before counting the jersey sales), unbelievable.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    And they could do that game next week and fill it full of stars again. Love to see the fatman and stirlo out there, Matty and Andrew Johns, the chief, big Darryl Brohman the list is endless.

Although I was stoked to see my favourite rugby league player ever in Spud Carroll out there again.

Could even get a few celebs out there who love the game, that's YOU Russell Crowe.

vCash
    True, although I'm not sure now long the big 'marn' Darryl or sterlo would last.

It may turn into an annual event.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WA sport fan View Post
    True, although I'm not sure now long the big 'marn'..... would last.
    Not fuggin' long if Les Boyd is in the Blues line-up.