Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: WA Reds NRL Bid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WA sport fan View Post
    and why is this mate?

Worst troll ever, did not LOL once... WA sports fag, Please go

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    that's ok mate. Most of us on this site have a real interest in seeing the reds get accepted into the NRL. The reasons for this vary. Those of the ilk of Shasta, Jargan and WRLF all want to see more mungoball being played live in Perth. Others of us (myself included) think it'll add enough pressure on the state government for them to get of their f*kin hands and build a decent stadium......others support it so the knuckle draggers are kept out of the pure form of the game....... either way, you're amongst friends here (but most of us are friends who will take the piss and rip on your sport anyway) have fun, and remember, most of us are too old to happily digest a war and peace about a variation on the code.
    haha fair enough, i'll cop it on the chin but there may be a few thrown back all in good fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    Worst troll ever, did not LOL once... WA sports fag, Please go
    Perhaps i spoke too soon?

Last edited by WA sport fan; 21-01-11 at 19:21.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    "too"

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    "too"
    Thanks mate.

vCash
    Did I forget to mention the odd grammar Nazi......and a couple of particularly Nasty trolls looking for a bridge.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    That's AH, always happy to oblige.

vCash
    Those of the ilk of Shasta, Jargan and WRLF all want to see more mungoball being played live in Perth.
    No doubt about that. Not sure WRLF would completely agree though.

I suppose it is a good idea to have all the information in one thread so the initial spamkrieg might become a memory in time.

For the record, WA Sport Fan, a lot of the stuff you have uploaded here has been posted previously in the "Other Sports" forum. And mostly in abbreviated form with hyperlinks to the main article. Like GIGS says, that might be a better way to go.

Last edited by shasta; 22-01-11 at 09:03.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    No doubt about that. Not sure WRLF would completely agree though.

I suppose it is a good idea to have all the information in one thread so the initial spamkrieg might become a memory in time.

For the record, WA Sport Fan, a lot of the stuff you have uploaded here has been posted previously in the "Other Sports" forum. And mostly in abbreviated form with hyperlinks to the main article. That might be a better way to go.
    Thanks for that mate, although it's a little late haha.

I'll make sure to keep this thread up to date.

Just a question for GIGS, why do you call Rugby League Mungo Ball?

Just wondering about that is all.

vCash
    I'll answer for GIGS, seeing as how he's not here ATM. Don't know your origin, but mine's NSW and there Rugby Union people refer to Rugby league people as "Mungos".

It is a derogatory term in that it refers to a one time supposed missing link skeleton which was unearthed at Lake Mungo. As with most derogatory terms it says more about the user than the intended "victim".

Sorry GIGS.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'll answer for GIGS, seeing as how he's not here ATM. Don't know your origin, but mine's NSW and there Rugby Union people refer to Rugby league people as "Mungos".

It is a derogatory term in that it refers to a one time supposed missing link skeleton which was unearthed at Lake Mungo. As with most derogatory terms it says more about the user than the intended "victim".

Sorry GIGS.
    lol no worries, thanks for that.

There are many names League-e's have for union as well. All in good fun.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I always thought Mungo was named after the character Mungo from the movie Blazing Saddles.

<insert photo here>

who looks acts and talks like a League player or fan, or for that matter Shasta.

As for a derogatory term. I would call it a term of endearment

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28khv-BydeY"]YouTube - Blazing Saddles - Mongo[/ame]

Shasta = Correct

It was Mongo not Mungo.

vCash
    I always thought it originated from the term mungbean, meaning dole bludger. The derision stemming from the working class roots of the game.

I could have called it boganball or any one of the other gazillion names that exist, simply to wind up the mungoes on the site, but truth be told I'm an ex-league myself, being a Canberra fan since the late 80's and still watch state of origin so I can wind up a queenslander mate (although to be fair he's done most of the winding in the last 5 years) I stopped watching league when I moved to kalgoorlie in 1992 and gwn didn't televise it. I started watching wallaby tests then (good time to make the switch) and have become progressively more and more union focussed since.
    It's reached the point where I don't bother with league anymore and whilst I respect the right of others to love their sport I won't pass up an opportunity to take the piss........I expect the same in return.

One thing I would appreciate on a union site, is to hear your opinion on other things we talk about.....don't use us as a vehicle to spread your gospel, join us and you'll be respected. For instance what is your view on big Dell being touted as a channel 9 rugby commentator? (one of the other current threads) I'd be interested on hearing the view of a potential viewer.

C'mon the

vCash
    ummmm, does that change the point that a defibrillator saved his life? I'm pretty sure that if he was in fibrillation, he was pretty close to buggered, and the technology helped the ambulance crew restore a regular rhythm to his heartbeat.

And then the family bought a shit load of them. Seems to me the intent of the story hasn't changed!
    Having defibrillators in ambulances (and workplaces) is a good thing. Believing that they re-start a heart isn't; that's what I was commenting on. Too many people get their medical knowledge from TV; it's not a substitute for taking a simple first aid course.

vCash
    What the WA Reds bring to the table for the NRL

- backed by the NRL Clubs
    - brings in new time slot for the NRL (availability of three live Saturday games or two live Friday Night games)
    - Guaranteed to boost TV deal
    - Backed by local and national companies/sponsors
    - Third best state competition in Australia
    - Economy boosting
    - Diehard fans
    - Financial members
    - $82.5 million dollar upgrade to home stadium
    - Makes the "National Rugby League" a truly 'National' competition
    - Rugby League junior numbers only down on Rugby Union junior numbers by 3.5%, shows debt without current NRL club
    - Brings in other national sponsors to other clubs, sponsors that see more value in sponsoring a National competition rather then a East Coast competition
    - Supporter group already up
    - Large number of TV viewers from WA (90,000 TV viewers for 2010 NRL grand final)
    - Large number of crowds at game held in WA over past few years
    - South Sydney have a supporter/member base out of NRL.
    - WA unlike SA and VIC are not a 'AFL state', they are a state that loves all sports including, Soccer, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Baseball, Netball.
    - WA manages to field teams in all over the above sports "national competitions", they should be able to field a team in the most watched winter sport in Australia and the second biggest crowd drawing competitions.
    - NRL push for the WARL to focus on 'Junior development'
    - WA outstanding record in 'Affiliated cup'

All that, plus a lot more that the WA Reds (owned by the WARL) are doing behind the scenes.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast