Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Govt Backs NIB Re-build?

vCash

Govt Backs NIB Re-build?

WA Reds strongly backed to join expanded league

WA Reds have received a unanimous endorsement from the 16 NRL clubs to join the competition in 2013......................

....................The WARL believes three key selling points, the $82.5 million State Government-backed redevelopment of the eastern grandstand at nib Stadium, WA's booming economy and the WA TV time zone, will be key to the success of the bid.

;http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nr...-1225973226420

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    the $82.5 million State Government-backed redevelopment of the eastern grandstand at nib Stadium,
    Guess it's all locked in then, wink wink nudge nudge...

vCash
    Wasn't this released during the budget - Work to start in 2012 IIRC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

If it was I didn't notice it. Which means exactly FA.

The only thing I remember reading was a story that said there was no provision in the budget for a new stadium. I know Barney Rubble has made some positive comments but unless the money is actually committed................

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    That's right..money committed in the budget..agreement reached over the lease and announced by Tuck in September..looks like it's all a go.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    The note regarding the stadium is nice, but the real news would be that League is lining up for another run. It's going to put the acid on RugbyWA - the Reds'll have twice the games and room to grow, so I've no doubt they'll be more than welcoming to any casual fans that can't get Force tickets and young players feeling left out of the development path. Let's hope RWA has made good use of their head start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    young players feeling left out of the development path.
    That's the key point I think - no reason the two supporter bases can't complement each other.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    That's the key point I think - no reason the two supporter bases can't complement each other.
    Just thinking about how many folk I saw turned away from the Crusaders game, all walking back to the station telling people not to bother...I guess they'll have another option soon. Point was that, even once they add a couple of thousand seats, we will still run pretty close to limits. By comparison I would expect the league lads to aggressively pursue growth, as they will have the space to grow into and more games with which to work. In fact, with close to twice the games, half full will see them making similar money. If we don't have some pretty clear plans and they get their management in one sock, how quickly might we find ourselves second tenant again?

Last edited by AndyS; 21-12-10 at 23:02.

vCash
    Twice as many games equals twice as much cost though Andy.
    I wonder how much sour taste is left from the Western Reds. I know if that had been handled better I'd still watch the mungball.
    At the end of the day, I reckon it's great to have another comrade in the battle against the great unwashed and I know the victor won't be the team with the best plans, most grassroots programs or best training facilities. Victory will come as a result of success on the field, nothing else.

The way I see it, if both teams win games, both teams will be turning supporters away, a significant number of whom will be supporters of the other code.

The simplest way to fight for numbers off the other code, is to be better than them at winning. Perth loves a winner!

C'mon the

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Simple way to grow both codes = build a better fn stadium!

Yes I know I'm preaching to the converted but I still have to vent sometimes...

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    I wonder if the fact that some "supporters" were turned away from the Crusaders game is a major problem. The extra revenue might have been handy, but what both codes will need to develop is a solid supporter base of paid up members. So far we're looking OK.

If, in future, there are significant numbers of people (evidence presented so far says they are likely to be "supporters" of whoever is the current visiting kiwi team) being turned away from other than marquee matches in either/both codes I'll be over the moon. It will add to the demand for redevelopment of the western side of NIB.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I wonder if the fact that some "supporters" were turned away from the Crusaders game is a major problem. The extra revenue might have been handy, but what both codes will need to develop is a solid supporter base of paid up members. So far we're looking OK.

and the stadium management needs to have a good relationship with the stadium tenants, which apparently didn't happen with warl and allia.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    and ban cow bells.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    and ban cow bells.
    Needs more cow bell..........
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash

If, in future, there are significant numbers of people (evidence presented so far says they are likely to be "supporters" of whoever is the current visiting kiwi team) being turned away from other than marquee matches in either/both codes I'll be over the moon. It will add to the demand for redevelopment of the western side of NIB.
    We have home matches against the Bulls, Crusaders, Blues and Sharks. I think we'll sell out 2 or 3 of those. The Blues and Crusaders for sure.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast