Emirates Western Force Coach Richard Graham has continued his recruiting for the new Super Rugby season with the addition of tough Waratahs back Rory Sidey.
Primarily enlisted as an outside centre, the 24 year old has the versatility to play a number of positions which Graham believes will greatly benefit the squad.

“Rory adds depth to the outside centre position and will compete with Mitch Inman for that spot but can also play inside centre and wing,” Graham said.

“He’s a strong defender, has a good understanding of the game and a really competitive nature that will be welcome in our environment.

“Rory is a quality bloke and he’ll fit well into the group.”

Sidey made his Super Rugby debut in round one last season and scored a try with his first touch as a second half substitute. He went on to earn a total of four caps for the Tahs, including the semi-final loss to the Stormers in Cape Town.

After representing NSW at U19 level he progressed to the Waratahs Academy and played for the Western Sydney Rams in the Australian Rugby Championship. The youngster then decided to broaden his rugby horizons with a season in Wales, chalking up 18 appearances for the Newport-Gwent Dragons.

The opportunity to further develop his rugby and the exciting prospects of the Emirates Western Force squad were key factors in Sidey’s decision to head west.

“It all happened really quickly actually,” Sidey said.

“I received a call from Richard a couple of weeks ago, flew over for a few days to have a look at the set-up and was really impressed with what I saw. There is a great structure in place and a foundation of a really good team.

“It’s a great opportunity for me to progress my rugby and I’m looking forward to being part of a successful future at the club,” Sidey said.

Name: Rory Sidey
Position: Outside Centre
Date of Birth: 4 July 1986
Height: 188cm
Weight: 100kg
Club: West Harbour (NSW)
Super Rugby: 2010 Waratahs (4 caps, 1 try)