vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    You're an idiot.Take a deep breath and come back
    Lol..... fail
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    I think the signings of Alfi Mafi and Rory Sidey are very good ones. I am very happy with these signings. They are both class players in my opinion (that counts for nothing haha) and I think they will both have good seasons. They are not just players to cover for injures.
    I think Sidey is a much better option as a 13 than the solid Inman. He has a real class about him and Mafi is also a class player.

vCash
    Mafi can be a very god player...he has just had hamstring issues in the past which have hindered his development, I dont know enough about Sidey to really judge him
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post
    I think the signings of Alfi Mafi and Rory Sidey are very good ones. I am very happy with these signings. They are both class players in my opinion (that counts for nothing haha) and I think they will both have good seasons. They are not just players to cover for injures.
    I think Sidey is a much better option as a 13 than the solid Inman. He has a real class about him and Mafi is also a class player.
    You dont rate Inman?
    He has had a good Shute Shield and plenty are expecting big things of him next year - and not just Force supporters.
    How has Sidley gone? Ill admit I have not really seen him play, and am relying on others opinions (G&GR have a good grass roots cover) but the word is that he is solid but unspectacular.

If he is a real challenge for Inman fantastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Mafi can be a very god player...he has just had hamstring issues in the past which have hindered his development, I dont know enough about Sidey to really judge him
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Our Force players are Gods, it's true.
    But I think we need some really good players for 2011.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    We with another experienced/consistent lock (what I wouldn't give to have Rudi Vedelago back) and another experienced/consistent fly-half and we'd have a very healthy squad.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Rookie
    vCash
    Inman is ok, he is a solid player but he won't trouble or worry many oppostition teams whereas Sidey and Mafi are both good players with abit of pace and I think both are good signings... but as I said previously I don't know much....
    Hopefully they will be good players for the Force.

vCash
    I reckon Inman will trouble the opposition - along with AAC (and possibly Ioane) he's the closest to a Stirling Mortlock-style outside centre. I reckon he's got the ability to mature into a real battering ram style runner which wears down the defence.

Give him time - he's still a kid, but he's made it to the fringe of the Wallabies after a season of Super rugby. How good will he be at the World Cup?

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I reckon Inman will trouble the opposition - along with AAC (and possibly Ioane) he's the closest to a Stirling Mortlock-style outside centre. I reckon he's got the ability to mature into a real battering ram style runner which wears down the defence.

Give him time - he's still a kid, but he's made it to the fringe of the Wallabies after a season of Super rugby. How good will he be at the World Cup?
    Wasn’t the best thing about Morty the lines he ran? Yes he was a battering ram but he also hit the line in half a hole at pace. Plus his physicality in defence was fantastic.

Inman seemed a little one dimensional in his attacking lines last season, I am sure with experience he will get better. Running off one fly half/IC for the whole season would help immensely.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post

Inman seemed a little one dimensional in his attacking lines last season, I am sure with experience he will get better.
    Hmmm..... He's got the size,for sure. But I thought he ran some great lines at times last season. IIRC the carry that impressed most was part of a beautifully worked move that ended up with Bam-Bam crossing near the sticks in his comeback match.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Inman is quality. 2011 will be huge for him.
    Mafi and Sidey are no talent bogans that wouldn't make it in minileague........we should have got some talent out of the local comp if we just wanted to make up the numbers

Controversy corner

Player
    vCash
    Not sure if people have been watching the Shute Shield or not, but Inman has bee very good. Gets over the advantage line with ease any time he's handed the ball, often dragging two or three defenders with him. I think he has been very unlucky not to get a Wallabies squad call up as there is no real cover for 13 (Faingaa?? ) And he's still only 22 or something isnt he? Defo has the potential to be a great 13. Only problem I recall with him this season was that he spilled the ball a fair few times in the tackle. But he'll improve that. And he is MASSIVE!!!

Rookie
    vCash
    Alfi is a good player and a marginal starter if he can stay healthy.

Sidey was a good club player in Sydney and after he went overseas played well for the Dragons in the Magners League in the games I saw through downloads. I was glad when he returned for the Tahs having been in our Academy, but he never really made his mark for the Tahs in 2010. I saw him play for the Junior Waratahs and he did not impress me. He got a bit of time in the S14 in 4 games from the bench but didn't do a lot that I can remember.

vCash
    Yeah he didn't make much of an impression with the Tahs this season, but there's also been a bit of an embarrassment of riches in the outside backs there. with Lachie Turner being the third choice. Lachie is a fringe Wallaby and therefore up there with the best of the Force's complement (No matter which way you slice it, Shep and Cummo are on the fringes, maybe even behind Turner in rankings)

There aren't any real 13s of quality running around, with most of the options being wingers who play in one, or 12s who play out one (And Stirling of course) so Sidey has a good opportuinty to show what he's got. If it's of value (somewhere in the outside four or so backs) he'll be a good aquisition, otherwise.......well, it's hard to say were any worse off than 2010!

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2