• Undecided, time will tell.

1 10.00%
  • Overated.

0 0%

Thread: Western Force Squad Contracts: David Pocock

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Western Force Squad Contracts: David Pocock

Great news from the Western Force with the announcement overnight that David Pocock has re-signed for a further two years having been on an Apprentice Contract for 2006.
    I have a good feeling about this fella and reckon we are going to see him playing in Perth for many years to come.

Pocock re-signs with Force

May 11, 2006 - 9:14am
    Story by: Sportal/ARU

The Emirates Western Force have bolstered their pack with the re-signing of exciting teenage flanker David Pocock for a further two years.

The 18-year-old was a star of Australia's under 19 Championship win in Dubai in April and is due to make his Tooheys New Super 14 debut after being selected in the Force's run-on team for the match against the Sharks in Durban on Friday night.

"I have really enjoyed being part of the inaugural Emirates Western Force squad, and I'm excited by the opportunities that the next few years will bring, both for me and the squad," Pocock said.

"The past month or so has been incredible. Winning the U19 World Championship, signing a new contract and now on the verge of making my Super 14 debut."

The Force beat the Reds to the signature of Pocock who played his junior rugby in Queensland.

"It was a tough decision to make particularly with the opportunity to be close to my family again but I've enjoyed my time at the Force and am very happy to stay."

Western Force head coach John Mitchell was delighted with Pocock's decision.

"David has tremendous potential. He has all the physical attributes of a grown man, terrific rugby instincts and his attitude is outstanding," Mitchell said.

At 181cm tall, 100kg and with a positive work ethic both in training and on the field Pocock has already attracted comparisons with some of great flankers in the game.

"I have worked with the likes of Richie McCaw, Marty Holah and Neil Back when they were young men and I see many of the same attributes in Dave," said Mitchell.

"We think he can be an important part of our side for a long time to come."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I think that Pocock has to be one of the most exciting prospects for Rugby in this country.

It's great news that he has re-signed for the club.

I am also hoping that he will eventually be a one club player and stick with us for his entire career

vCash
    Pocock, who injured an ankle in U19 World Cup Final triumph, was running freely at training sessions in Port Elizabeth this week and will have a final test at the captain's run in Durban before his position in the team is confirmed.

Lets hope

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Didn't want to get too cocky yet Dramoth but yeah I agree, I think he will become our "Larkham/Gregan" and be a 100 game/1 Club player.
    Fingers crossed anyway, if nothing else I wouldn't want to see him lining up against us!!!
    Huge expectations on a young man that hasn't even played a S14 match yet but going on his match reports so far and what I have seen of him playing I think he's up for it.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.