Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2013 Lions Tour of Australia

vCash
    I'm already here!
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfiep View Post
    Any update on this - want to book flights to the Melbourne and Sydney games, but would like to be fairly sure I would have a chance of good tickets
    It's my understanding that being a Force member will provide a chance to buy tickets for the Force match here in Perth in advance of the tickets going on sale to the general public but will not provide an opportunity to buy tickets for the test matches. If you're not a Wallaby 1st member you will get a chance to buy tickets along with everyone else but a large proportion will have been allocated to official tour operators and ARU agencies.

Just for the information of those who think the Wallaby 1st membership is a rip off - I've been a Wallaby 1st member for some years and whilst the initial cost is high the ongoing annual cost is reasonable ($180).

I get tickets for the Championship matches, tour matches and Bledisloe tests without any hassle and they are amongst the best seats available, especially in Sydney. I can also get tickets for the Championship matches overseas and when the Wallabies tour Europe. I went to Rosario in October and had excellent seats at the half-way line along with other Wallaby members and the "We love rugby" tour group.

I've already secured four tickets to each of the three Lions tests and for the Lions v Force match here in Perth. I could have bought up to eight tickets for each of the mid-week Lions matches as well but chose not to attend those matches over east. I've booked the trip to Brisbane (flights and accommodation) for my mates and I and will be doing so for the Sydney test soon.

This is not intended to be a brag but to point out that being a Wallaby member has some very positive upside - but only if you are prepared to spend money to attend the matches over east on a regular basis. There is more money spent on flights and accommodation than on membership and tickets.

vCash
    I already have my ticket to the rebels v lions. As part of the membership for next year you had the option to pay an extra $10 or so and it guaranteed you a ticket.

Foundation members of the rebels also get to purchase tickets for the test as of 16 Dec.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Little Ox View Post
    I already have my ticket to the rebels v lions. As part of the membership for next year you had the option to pay an extra $10 or so and it guaranteed you a ticket.

Foundation members of the rebels also get to purchase tickets for the test as of 16 Dec.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    obviously the Rebels are trying to look after their supporters where as the Force dont feel the need!

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Just found this on the Rugby.com.au website

NOTE: As there will be no Test match in Perth or Canberra, Western Force and ACT
    Brumbies members will be given the opportunity to purchase tickets to the Test match at
    ANZ Stadium, Sydney.
    - Guess will have to join the ibnterweb ticket system crash for the Melbourne Game

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It is going to be VERY interesting to see the team. Has anyone else noticed that the Force is the only team required to play the Lions and then back up for Super Rugby four days later (against the 'Tahs no less).

Anyone fancy taking a punt on what the two teams look like (bearing in mind the ARU gets the benefit of the Lions game)...?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4