Under 14 Swan Perth Bayswater Black V Wanneroo White 9.00am E Britannia
    Under 14 Gold Joondalup Blue V Perth Bayswater White 9.00am A Britannia
    Under 15 Swan Cottesloe V Rockingham 9.00am C Britannia
    Under 15 Gold Southern Lions Red V Perth Bayswater 9.00am B Britannia
    Under 16 ARKs V Joondalup 9.00am H Britannia

http://westaustralianrugby.blogspot....tion-semi.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just a reminder to everyone going down. It is an exciting part of the season so it will be packed. But please keep your head on people,

- Stay behind the ropes (and do not push the rope forwards, the linesman need room and in high pace games like 15s and 16s finals, you don't want to get anywhere near the sideline).

- Keep your coaches in the box's. Some coaches and parents get very pumped during the finals and get the urge to walk down the sideline and onto the pitch. So keep all coaches in the box right next to the players. (and keep them relatively quiet if possible)

- Resist the urge to be excessively loud. During the season there is usually a few idiots down there shouting at the top of their voice at junior rugby games, as if its a Force game. But during finals time everyone seems to get the idea that its OK. Please just do your best to quietly watch the game and enjoy it, while cheering when tries are scored. The referees are not mic'd up and shouldn't have to compete with the crowds. Also, remember during scrums that referee communication is key, so remind everyone to shut up for scrum calls

So if your on the sideline, and the play comes near you. Understand that the ref needs to communicate with the players and the players need to hear him, so shouting at the players from so close is just causing problems. Let people know if they are being too loud for this reason.

Last few things:

- Do not even think about mouthing off at the linesmen (even about decisions), and if they ask you to take a step back from the line because they need more room, or to push the rope back, then just do it.

- Don't stand behind the In Goal, there is no rope there only because its dangerous to have one there.

- Be positive if you must shout the odd phrase, ( i even heard booing last season, stuff like that is not on).

- If you see anyone not complying with the stuff above, let them know for the good of the game. Your team can't complain about losing if your own supporters were interfering with the ref's communication.

And after reffing these games for a number of years now, i can tell you refs don't decide these games. The level of coaching of the majority of the teams down there is not up to standard, so remember there is plenty of room for improvement at your own club next season if the result doesn't go your way.

And have a nice day!

vCash
    Has anyone got any results I only know of the 2 results marked in red

Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Major Semi Finals – Saturday 28th August 2010

Under 13 Swan University V Nedlands 10.30am G Britannia
    Under 13 Gold Perth Bayswater Black V Palmyra Blue(WON) 10.30am D Britannia
    Under 14 Swan Associates V Nedlands 10.30am E Britannia
    Under 14 Gold Kalamunda V Rockingham Purple 10.30am A Britannia
    Under 15 Swan University V Southern Lions Blue 10.30am C Britannia
    Under 15 Gold Mandurah V Palmyra Blue 10.30am B Britannia
    Under 16 Wanneroo V Wests Subiaco Gold 10.30am H Britannia

Minor Semi Finals – Saturday 28th August 2010

Under 13 Swan Kalamunda V Associates 9.00am G Britannia
    Under 13 Gold Cottesloe Blue(WON) V Joondalup Blue 9.00am D Britannia
    Under 14 Swan Perth Bayswater Black V Wanneroo White 9.00am E Britannia
    Under 14 Gold Joondalup Blue V Perth Bayswater White 9.00am A Britannia
    Under 15 Swan Cottesloe V Rockingham 9.00am C Britannia
    Under 15 Gold Southern Lions Red V Perth Bayswater 9.00am B Britannia
    Under 16 ARKs V Joondalup 9.00am H Britannia

http://westaustralianrugby.blogspot....tion-semi.html

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

U/13 Gold
    Baysie vs Pally was a massive game. Both teams scoring and converting within the first 15 minutes. Baysie scored again missing the conversion. Pally Came out blasing after halftime and scored 2 ties to lead 24-12 with about 10 minutes to play Baysie scored a try with around 5 minutes to go. After various attempts to break the defense Baysie ran out of time and lost 24-19.
    Well done to Pally, they played well and never allowed Baysie any freedom to run their lethal backs

Cottesloe vs Joondalup was very evenly matched with both teams scoring in the first half. I am not sure of the final score but Cottesloe won. Well done Cotts

So Preliminary final in U/13 will be Baysie vs Cottesloe

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    And after reffing these games for a number of years now, i can tell you refs don't decide these games. !
    jazza just answer me one question
    Why the F@*%k does RUGBYWA allow a 13/14 year old boy that has very little refereeing experience to be a referee in a Semi finals match. All the kids on the field was bigger than him!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This kid had to walk to the touchy more than once to ask him what to do next.

Doesn't stupidity like that leave the door open for complaints and rants from clubs parents and coaches.

It is all and well to develop junior referees but I really hope that RugbyWA will be using adult referees for the Preliminary finals and finals.

vCash
    I heard he had a really good game actually. If he was 3 foot taller no one would be complaining which is what i have against people having a go at him. At the end of the day if players were fitter and had better coaching, they would over wiped the floor with the other, in all age groups this is. I spotted countless walking forwards today. Even in U16s.. So there is lots of room for improvement for all junior teams. (i am a fitness nazi when it comes to coaching, cant stand lazy forwards and i spot them every week!)

Seriously though, i only consider answering complaints about refereeing if its done in a proper manner, as in people using a rule book to point out an error of law that was made to discuss the interpretations that were made and such.

btw i did not see all of the gold U14 semi, but know people there who were actually quite happy with the proceedings and both teams...and refs.

And about the final point. Chances are most refs for younger age groups next week will be guys who reffed 15s and 16s swan this week. If thats what you mean.

Last edited by jazza93; 28-08-10 at 21:52.