0 0%
  • Other

3 6.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So - which party?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

So - which party?

Simple poll, no need for comment unless you feel you have to. How you gonna vote?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Would it be more appropriate to have Coalition instead of Liberal with Nationals in others? Just to clear up early on

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Very true - corrected ...

vCash
    although the state nationals did toy with entering into a coalition with labour at the last election. Whilst I doubt it was seriously entertained - it's still a possibility, so corrected again...

vCash
    I've chosen other because I though the other other would be full of leftist crackpots!

C'mon the

vCash
    I thought right wing crackpots were more the flavour of the day for "Other" - another distinction required you think?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    At state level they went in with that as an announced possibility on the back of the R4R policy.
    Whichever major sided would get the Nationals in a coalition.
    Federal will be a Lib-Nat coalition as any balance for Labor would be with the tree huggers and minors.
    But guess can add the two together anyway.
    Perhaps a more accurate poll for our fairly small catchment would be who do you think will win rather than who are you voting for or who do you want to win.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    You can't "vote" for a coaltion. Never know what those bushies may try to pull off - perhaps the Federal Nats may take a few ideas from the WA mob...

vCash
    I'm a few months off being able to throw a donkey vote. Will have to wait for next time. But Greens seem like a nice protest vote, and for the senate Secular and Sex party seem like a good option. But i am extremely horrified of those boats so instead of putting Libs and Labour last i would of just ranked them above those climate change skeptics.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The ground rules are known prior to the poll, in this instance the Libs and Nats are in coalition, therefore if voting for either you are inevitably voting for a coalition government.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm a swinging voter.

Can anyone tell me if young Tmmy's Orangutang Preservation Policy of the last election is still in play?

It might sway my vote.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Timmy died-the vine broke

vCash
    I've similar probs ful, the local liberal guy is real good for the community - the labor guy seems to exisit only on billboards as a cardboard picture - not even a letter from him. There is NO information apart from glossy overviews about the other parties so I'm still clueless.

Still talk to relies in the EU and know that we are the lucky country and would like to vote to keep it that way - the NBN does not excite me - the prospect of not taxing miners in a way which is sustainable does not excite me and the health system scares me. So still confused as to who to vote for.

From the TV it appears that Abbot is more commie than Gillard.

In some ways wish a party would actually promise a rectangular stadium not just because I want one but because I really believe it would be good for Perth. At least it is something I could hang my hat on the other stuff just seems like waffle or why do we need an election to get funding for things that are sensible and makes people lifes better

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    my grand father fought in a war against a racist, authoritarian regime 70 odd years ago.

so i vote for anything that is not racist or authoritarian out of respect for him.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    But i am extremely horrified of those boats so instead of putting Libs and Labour last i would of just ranked them above those climate change skeptics.
    I've spent all my life working in places that employed or educated asian or african ethnics. the hysteria about them is what horrifies me. still it existed for the south-east asians, greeks and italians before and we seem to have gotten over that.

my worry is that we are slowly generating a very anti-islam public sentiment. this is what happened in britain and the US and it created a generation of boat people offspring that were marginalised and discriminated against. a small percentage of these people became home grown islamic terrorists.

if the political football that is 4000-5000 refos trying to do the best for them selves, turns in to a situation where australia becomes a target from within i'll cry.

and in 20 years, i'll remember to hold howard, gillard and abot responsible.

auss.

btw. RTRfm are holding their radiothon this week. if you like the idea of perth (WA actually) bands getting some air play, think about subscribing.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    I agree, what i find so scary is how this racist propaganda from the media and government has had so much effect on the country, so many people believe refugees are a bad problem (when its clearly not, more of just an issue any country needs to work with and our 5000 or so are an incredibly small number). Also most people i talk to think that these people don't deserve to come to Australia. (Because the media forgot to tell them that if they had enough money to come here legally and get set up there would be no problem. And this is the governments fault, Gillard, Abbot and Howard should be ashamed really.

But i have to be picky and say i disagree with the anti-Islam statement. I think its more a fair point to say there is an anti Arabic and African bias in the media and just in general society. But i think we can't do much more than what is going on now, in schools we are being bombarded with the multiculturalism idea from yr 1-12 so the future may be better.

Also back to the point, i think people apposed to Islam are not all bad. As long as they are against it for the right reasons, and not just scared of terrorism like a lot of rednecks. I have plenty of Arabic friends, even teachers, and just because i disagree with their belief institution doesn't mean i judge them neither does it make anyone racist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast