Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Wallabies star Quade Cooper conducting talks with Parramatta Eels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Surely only a dumbass would be up at that time of the night pontificating on an opposition team’s forum?
    As for the changing of the names, that may well be but I believe two sayings may well apply, “Two wrongs don’t make a right” and “It takes one to know one”, at least as Gigs suggests we are on home ground on TWF.
    The odds of Giteau staying at the Brumbies and Barnes staying at the Waratahs are no greater or less than Cooper staying at the Reds. All will be looking out for themselves and all will be pursued by Australian and European clubs alike. He isn’t “backing himself to improve” (all pro players do that), he’s backing himself to get a better offer than from the in administration Reds in twelve months. Enjoy him while he is still in Brisbane.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Haha, how do you come up with this stuff
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Umm, well, You were posting at 1am WST,
    I actually posted we are on home groumd (Not so many words but the intent is certainly not messed with by Burgs' description,
    Giteaus, Barnes and Cooper DO have fairly similar chances of re-signing with their respective provinces...actually, you could say with the Brouhaha surrounding this contract, you could suggest that Quade has a greater chance of moving than either of the other two.
    All WILL be looking out for themselves because they're professional rugby players and nobody could expect them to do any less in a career which can be lucky to last more than ten years,
    Quade is definitely 'backing himself to get a better offer', since if he were pure as the driven snow and backing himself to improve for the good of the Reds and the Wallabies, why not lock in to three years while he's got the chance and ensure his improvement isn't hampered by the distraction of another messy contract negotiation?
    The Reds ArRE in administration.

There are only two, minor things in Burgs' post which can even be remotely described as fiction the assertation that he's not backing himself to improve (IMHO, probably a harsh call) but really that is his mechanism for getting a better offer. I'd say the difference THERE is semantics. The other is whether Quade will be at the Reds next year. I think that's a reasonable question, again, if he was so 100% behind the program, he wouldn't be hawking himself around to rugby league clubs to drive up his price. I have become a supporter of Quade since his transformation, but Burgs did raise some valid points, you can't just rebut by calling them fairytales.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Smoke = Fire

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I was actually saying all players back themselve to improve otherwise they should retire, it is a given in a pro psych. So, as a given and as he is already the incumbent, he is purely backing better room for negotiation, whether it is back with the Reds, another franchise or some other hypothetical designed to make some look like a goose.

How do I come up with it?
    I'm inspired by the online company I keep.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Surely only a dumbass would be up at that time of the night pontificating on an opposition team’s forum?
    I like having TOCC around. It dilutes the parochialism. It also helps check reality when the locals get on talking up a second grader from Sydney as the next wallaby

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    After the world cup,we will see a mass exodus of players to Europe
    Cooper included

vCash
    Look at it from a ARU perspective, in terms of demand, who will rank in terms of priority.

Barnes has struggled to make the starting side for the Wallabies, Giteau is getting older and realistically doesnt have a whole lot of years left in the Wallaby backline, Cooper, JOC and Beale are all young and are already starting wallabies.

Do we really think that Giteau and Barnes are going to be thrown more money then Cooper, JOC or Beale..

vCash
    Do we really think that Giteau and Barnes are going to be thrown more money then Cooper, JOC or Beale..
    do you mean based upon current evidence or do you think the ARU will suddenly lose all parochialism after the World Cup?

I think Giteau will weasel some freakin' ridiculous contract out of some poor bastard whilst he's got most of the rugby media pandering on his every word.

Not so sure about Barnes, his biggest problem is that he's not better than Quade at the moment and playing for the Tahs isn't going to help that happen. He's still a better option than Gits, but look for him to get raped at the contracting table when his number's up and probably pull the pin for a very successful career in Europe, where his tactical skill set is more condusive.

JOC will be the next Gits (although I think he might be smart enough to stick to what he's good at and avoid the petty poilitics which has killed Gits) and write his own cheque at the next contract.

I reckon Quade will live or die depending upon the headlines he's able to create. If he doesn't have any brain farts ending him up in court between now and next year, he'll be a hot property, but give the ARU a reason to say he's a naughty boy and see the dollars drop from his value!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    do you mean based upon current evidence or do you think the ARU will suddenly lose all parochialism after the World Cup?

I think Giteau will weasel some freakin' ridiculous contract out of some poor bastard whilst he's got most of the rugby media pandering on his every word.

Not so sure about Barnes, his biggest problem is that he's not better than Quade at the moment and playing for the Tahs isn't going to help that happen. He's still a better option than Gits, but look for him to get raped at the contracting table when his number's up and probably pull the pin for a very successful career in Europe, where his tactical skill set is more condusive.

JOC will be the next Gits (although I think he might be smart enough to stick to what he's good at and avoid the petty poilitics which has killed Gits) and write his own cheque at the next contract.

I reckon Quade will live or die depending upon the headlines he's able to create. If he doesn't have any brain farts ending him up in court between now and next year, he'll be a hot property, but give the ARU a reason to say he's a naughty boy and see the dollars drop from his value!
    nothing to do with parochilism, its the simple fact that the ARU cant afford to pay massive contract to all the playmakers, so naturally the first to go will be the fringe wallabies(barnes) and the ageing wallabies(giteau). Undoubtedly the ARU will still offer these two players a contract, but its likely it will either be reduced or not as large as they hope.

vCash
    All I'm saying is giteau has been shown the bank for years with very little reason, I reckon there's a hidden agenda
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    , I reckon there's a hidden agenda
    Posted via Mobile Device

I love conspiracy therories. I've got a spare tin foil hat in the cupboard GIGS, if you need a lend.....

vCash
    All I'm saying is giteau has been shown the bank for years with very little reason, I reckon there's a hidden agenda
    Posted via Mobile Device
    the only agenda is the fact that since Larkham retired in 2007 Giteau has been the only player remotely up to international 5/8 standards, prior to that he was touted as been one of the best inside centres in the world, a position the Wallabies had minimal depth in at the time.

Its only in the past 12-18 months that the Wallabies have developed reasonable depth in these positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I love conspiracy therories. I've got a spare tin foil hat in the cupboard GIGS, if you need a lend.....
    you think I don't already have my own......you wait mate, the black helicopters will be on their way if you keep talking like that.

the only agenda is the fact that since Larkham retired in 2007 Giteau has been the only player remotely up to international 5/8 standards, prior to that he was touted as been one of the best inside centres in the world, a position the Wallabies had minimal depth in at the time.

Its only in the past 12-18 months that the Wallabies have developed reasonable depth in these positions.
    I disagree, Barnes has been a genuine option for at least three years, I'm sure there has been at least one contract signed in that time. Let's not forget how good the wallabies used to look when Berrick came on at 10 and Gits slid out to 12, there weren't a lot of victories then, but that's no different to now.

Anyway, the proof will be in the pudding, won't it? I hope Quade sets the World on fire and builds a resume which gets everybody in the world falling over themselves to give him money......I hope that because I really believe he's the one guy in the team who can turn a game around on his own.

Gits, on the other hand is a damaging runner and a solid defender who is a support player for somebody of Quade's (current) ability.

C'mon the

vCash
    [QUOTE=GIGS20;267139]you think I don't already have my own......you wait mate, the black helicopters will be on their way if you keep talking like that.

I've got that covered - literally.....I have a gigantic tin foil hat protecting the entire roof of my house...

vCash
    [quote=todd4;267141]
    you think I don't already have my own......you wait mate, the black helicopters will be on their way if you keep talking like that.

I've got that covered - literally.....I have a gigantic tin foil hat protecting the entire roof of my house...
    That's not going to stop the space lasers, or the chemicals they're slating your water with!

You need to become totally self-sufficient, and avoid any use of electronics. As you can see, I practice what I preach.

C'mon the

vCash
    [quote=GIGS20;267142]
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    That's not going to stop the space lasers, or the chemicals they're slating your water with!

You need to become totally self-sufficient, and avoid any use of electronics. As you can see, I practice what I preach.

OK... I give up!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10