Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dane Haylett-Petty signs for Biarritz

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A shame to lose DHP but I expect he will be back in a few years with more experience.

You mention Zack Holmes Hansie, was pretty underwhelmed by him on the weekend, over played his hand too many times, didn't feed his wing when he was in the clear three times. Had higher hopes than what I saw put it that way.
    Mind you they also had a Flyhalf who wouldn't feed the Staniforth centre pairing and did Giteauesque aimless kicks instead.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Horrible news, when he tapped it on the line against the reds and tried to run it back you knew he was something special!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    did he leave or was he pushed?

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    Horrible news, when he tapped it on the line against the reds and tried to run it back you knew he was something special!
    yep i absolutely loved that....

sure, he lost the ball in the pass as slipped out, but made huge meters, and if the pass had have stuck, would have gotten even more...

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    A shame to lose DHP but I expect he will be back in a few years with more experience.

You mention Zack Holmes Hansie, was pretty underwhelmed by him on the weekend, over played his hand too many times, didn't feed his wing when he was in the clear three times. Had higher hopes than what I saw put it that way.
    Mind you they also had a Flyhalf who wouldn't feed the Staniforth centre pairing and did Giteauesque aimless kicks instead.
    He lost the game for Soaks against Neddies a few weeks back, 15 Soaks on 13 Neddies, held onto the ball, with unmarked winger outside him. Fact is - If someone sat with him to do one on one video review and let him know, using Basketball jargon "the assist" is as good as scoring a try and popped the Australian Sevens bubble, he'd grow in the game. He has brains, he has speed, courage and desire, plus a Dad who was a club legend in his day...the basic ingredients are there - maybe a little small in physique - but look at what JOC and Rob Horne can do...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Totally agree he has the skills required Hansie, just needs to learn how to apply them and may need some one on one as you suggest.
    Please don't take it as me writing him off for ever though, just an observation on the one match I have seen him play.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    i loved that as well

vCash
    I think he was still only going to be a bench player next year at best.

The experience he gains in a new enviroment might just be what he needs to take his game to the next level, and who knows we may see him back at the Force in a couple of years as a gun recruit...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2