Thread: JENKINS FORCES HIS WAY BACK

vCash

JENKINS FORCES HIS WAY BACK

After arguably the unluckiest debut in Super rugby last season, tough loose forward Jono Jenkins will have another crack at establishing himself at the elite level, accepting a one year rookie deal with the Emirates Western Force.
    Jenkins trained with the club in 2010 and earned a short term contract to cover for injured backrowers David Pocock and Richard Brown but his big break was short lived after sustaining a broken leg just a minute into his first match.

Despite that disappointment the 24 year old has diligently gone about his rehabilitation which included eight sessions a week of pool running, weights and on the rower. Jenkins recently returned to the field for Sydney Uni in the NSW club competition and has continued to impress with his strong work ethic.

“Jono was terribly unlucky to suffer an injury in his first match and we’re delighted that he has been able to get back onto the rugby field and again show the attributes that attracted us to him in the first instance,” RugbyWA CEO Vern Reid said.

“We are fortunate at the Emirates Western Force to have a strong core of backrow players however the longer season in 2011 will require added depth in all areas and Jono will be an important member of our squad and no doubt be pushing for opportunities in the match day 22.”

An Australian Schoolboys, U19 and Sevens player, Jenkins admits he thought his chance at Super rugby might have slipped through his fingers and is determined to make the most of this new opportunity.

“I was really disappointed about getting injured but I’ve been given another opportunity and I can’t wait to get over there,” Jenkins said.

“You only get one chance at some things and I would have been really disappointed if my contribution to the Force was just that minute against the Reds. I’m really happy to get another shot at Super rugby and it is something I know I’ll have to grab with both hands and run with it.”

Jenkins believes joining an Emirates Western Force backrow littered with quality, including Wallabies Pocock, Brown, Matt Hodgson and Ben McCalman, will be key to taking his performances to the next level.

“There are some world class players playing in the backrow at the club, training alongside them and learning from them is definitely only going to improve my rugby,” said Jenkins.

“It’ll be great getting over to Perth, the Force has quite a few Sydney Uni boys in their side so it’ll be a lot of fun but I know it’ll also be plenty of hard work as well. I really want to have another crack at Super rugby and want to make the most of it.”

Player profile
    Name: Jono Jenkins
    Position: Flanker
    Height: 186cm
    Weight: 100kg
    DOB: 26/5/1986
    Super 14 games: 1 (Emirates Western Force)
    Super 14 debut: 2010 Rd 5 v Queensland Reds at Suncorp Stadium
    Honours: NSW Schoolboys, Australian Schoolboys, Australian U19’s, Australian Sevens

More...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 23-07-10 at 18:57.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

[youtube]LkCNJRfSZBU[/youtube]

Jenkinsssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    all i can say is WOW!

Veteran