Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Former Wallaby to apologise for vilifying Peter de Villiers with puppet and clown jib

vCash
    noone is arguing that canno was out of line..
    but the fact is Devilliers can speak english and well.. his accent might betray that it is a second language, but bear in mind that English is a necessity in SA.. almost everyone there can speak it.. and he KNEW what he was saying.. he mightve articulated it better in afrikaans but he certainly understood the implications of his words..

Now..SARFU are sticking up for him regardless of his loose tongue and that IS the biggest concern for me...they are playing the "big bully" card and forcing everyone to back down...i hate political correctness sometimes, it turns people into spineless lumps of jelly. GROW ONE NZRU!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    SA press conference after the match Canno ask PdV if he was the right man to take the 'Boks to the world cup.

Oh, how I laughed!

vCash
    Whenever they cut to Peter de Villiers in the coaching box I kept getting "Entry of the Gladiators" by Julius Fucik popping in to my head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    SA press conference after the match Canno ask PdV if he was the right man to take the 'Boks to the world cup.

Oh, how I laughed!
    Same here, I was actually wondering why Canno was going to the Press Conference: now I know it was to wind up the clown: and I wont apologise

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Rugby commentator Brendan Cannon fires another shot at Peter de Villiers

July 25, 2010

Former Wallaby Brendan Cannon reignited his feud with South African coach Peter de Villiers, questioning whether he was the right man to lead the Springboks to the 2011 World Cup.

During the week Cannon was forced to make an on-air apology for inflammatory comments he made on Fox Sports program The Rugby Club, when he labelled de Villiers a "clown" and a puppet coach.

"I can't believe that senior players like John Smit and Victor Matfield allow themselves to be controlled by this guy," he said.

"He is a clown. He surely does not coach the team."

His initial apology carried little weight last night when Cannon fronted de Villiers at the news conference following the Wallabies' 30-13 defeat of the Springboks, where the pair continued their war of words.

Cannon asked the first question: "South Africa have been soundly beaten in the last three Tri-Nations games - do you believe the game plan the Springboks are putting together is the right one?"

De Villiers answered: "We didn't get out of this what we badly wanted. We did play some good plays together. We didn't capitalise from that but then again the Wallabies were quite sound today. Hard on the ball, and all credit to them".

Refusing to let go, Cannon fired a second attacking question: "Do you firmly believe, 14 months out from the Rugby World Cup, that you're the right guy to take South Africa to defend their crown?"

To which de Villiers replied bluntly: "That you must ask my bosses".

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23217,00.html

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 25-07-10 at 11:24.

vCash
    Media Troll!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2