Thread: HARD WORK BUILDS GOOD KARMA

vCash

HARD WORK BUILDS GOOD KARMA

There is no such thing as an off-season for Scott Staniforth. While the star Emirates Western Force back is often quizzed on what he does during the break between Super rugby seasons, he has a simple answer – work!
    Recently appointed Marketing Manager at luxury developer Karma Resorts, Staniforth has always advocated the benefits of combining rugby and professional career development and is embracing his latest challenge with both arms.

“Working outside of rugby is something I have committed to throughout my playing career,” Staniforth said.

“I have held a job outside of my rugby since I started playing. I have worked in the property field with a few companies such as CBRE, Hammond Gardens and CDI. It has been important for me to experience the variety of roles within the property field and see what I like and dislike.

“The position at Karma Resorts is one that I’m really relishing and I think will hold me in good stead for life after rugby.

“We build boutique luxury resorts all over the world and my role is the marketing and the project side of the development process. We are currently working on projects in Australia, Indonesia, Fiji and the Caribbean. It is great company to work for and I’m enjoying my role,” Staniforth said.

While many Emirates Western Force players continue their rugby in the Sydney club competitions or are on Wallabies duties, Staniforth is one of a number of elder statesmen who plays locally on weekends and works during the week.

“There is a great rugby network in Perth and it is continually growing. There are more and more players who have come across to WA to play and are making this their home, not just during their playing days, but also afterwards as well,” Staniforth said.

“I recently had lunch with Chris O’Young who has now hung up the boots and is working full time with KPMG while Mark Bartholomeusz has stayed in Perth between seasons and is working at BankWest. I had to laugh because here we were all suited up and it was definitely a bit different to running around on the training field together!”

While working with Karma Resorts has kept him busy he has also been finalising his rehabilitation from a neck injury sustained in round 12 against the Lions in Johannesburg and is set to take the field again for Associates this weekend.

Despite the hectic schedule Staniforth did find some time to relax at one of Karma’s resorts in Bali and is offering special deals for Emirates Western Force members to also experience the luxury of a Karma holiday.

“If you’re looking to get away from the winter cold then there is no better way than to head to a Karma resort.

“Force members will get an additional 10% discount off the already special ‘Come Together Package’ rate at Karma Kandara.”

http://rugbywa.com.au/news/article,58706.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A good insight article, more of it please

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Is Bartho also playing local club rugby?

Champion
    vCash
    Poor bugger! It must be tough trawling all the resorts!

vCash
    Karma resort Bali isnt half bad either!

great to see a couple of WF players playing in the local comp again.. certainly good for rugby and good for them to play locally if they are keen to stay here after they end their careers..